Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
would an RE MMO be a good idea Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PrematurelyDeadCreation

4,900 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:44 pm
I recently came across
the shin megami tensei mmo
and it made me think off an mmo
idea I had for the RE series a while back.
I got the idea from playing outbreak online
anyways do you think it would be a good idea?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:58 pm
Ryan Venom
I recently came across

It wouldn't be a bad idea  

Unknown Marine6665G

FoxyAreku

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:28 pm
Di5a5terp13ce
Ryan Venom
I recently came across

It wouldn't be a bad idea

Yeah. It would be a terrible idea. 3nodding

An MMO would mean making your own character (Throwing any possible character depth out the window) and no real plot, and an RE game without the two of those things is like a horse without legs.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:28 pm
I don't think an RE MMO would be a good idea. MMOs don't really have an actual end to them, so what would the point of an RE MMO? Idk, maybe you can come up with somthing but I can't think of a decent plot that would be good for an RE MMO.  

Vankala

PrematurelyDeadCreation

4,900 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:23 pm
I think making your own character would be kinda cool
but you are right about the story  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:11 am
I'm not sure if this should have it's own thread, but it sounds reasonable a bit. No RE MMO would kill everything in RE. The point of RE is that there are few survivors. If suddenly a bunch of peopel go on and even if they added a hoard of Zombies for every person it still wouldn't matter. the fact is that people will be able to make their own character, one that most people would choose is gun smith or somethign like that, or medic. If you become a zombie you die, and then start over from you last saved witha type writer. that would only add a little zombie to the great hoard of them. REd is suppose to be scary. If it turns into a MMO then it's not scary since you know you'll be groupped witha bunch of people.  

Alkaizer87

PrematurelyDeadCreation

4,900 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:34 pm
yeah I see your point
it would lose its survival horror feel  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:28 pm
Ryan Venom
yeah I see your point
it would lose its survival horror feel
no ryan it lost that survival horror feel when RE4 came out. Buyin weapons and upgrading them is what what happened. Also the fact you control camera angles.  

Alkaizer87

Legacy-A

5,750 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:58 am
Yes. No. I changed my mind! ... I think I just want someone to make a good outbreak game with character creation.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:20 pm
I would love to think RE could make a decent mmo, but yeah everybody is right.. it wouldn't make much sense at this point and we'd lose the intimacy the 1player games have.  

Acrella

Severance09

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:14 pm
all I want is a mmo taking place in a world where the only living people left are in small settlements scattered around that the players have to defend from unending armies of the undead. while peope have to go out and scavenge supplies to keep these settlements from dieng out because of lack of supplies. It would be best in a fps or something.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:10 pm
Wasn't there an RE MMO before?
All I can say is that it's a decent idea to make one. However, instead of there being just few survivors, there would be plenty, which wouldn't make much sense.

A "making your own character" option is what I'd want to see.

I Rebecca Chambers l

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:07 pm
There are pro's and con's to this obviously, but I'll throw in my perspective here real quick.

If an MMO keeps going with no end, than at least you don't have to constantly repeat a beginning, it can just keep going. However that can get repetative and boring depending on whats being repeated. If they made an MMO for RE, they could design it like Guild Wars, in the sense that its both an MMO AND an RPG, in the sense that it has a story that is being followed and has an end, but you can still run your character around and interact with other players and help them wiht the missions you just finished.

And not all MMO character creation is dull with no personality. When you create a character its based on your personality of who YOU are. The actions the characte does is based on the decision that YOU make? Right? So to call MMO character creation dead in personality I find contradicting unless you happen to be a dull person in real life?

As far as the story goes, they'd have to throw out the main story of RE completely, at least if you want to stay away from what's already been created for the story line. It'd basically have to do what the movies did, and come up with its own concept of the story, but still using the "elements" of RE. I think how it would be made is something along the lines of this (keep in mind these are just ideas. they might work they might not):

No leveling system. I mean its not like these are wizards or elf's running around that can become more powerful. BUT you can upgrade your weapons like you can in the RE games.

Character Choice:

RPD Cop
Umbrella Corp Agent
Citizen Bistander
Zombie

Depending on what you choose, it changes the objective you need to do. Like maybe if you pick a cop, your mission is to survive, but help save people. If you pick an Umbrella corp agent, maybe your mission is to collect virus samples? Bystander....uh.....you decide. Zombie, ******** yeah that would be fun to be a zombie and run around and spread the infection xD

The game can either be designed on: character you choose is the weapons you get, OR do that, but you can findo ther weapons along the way to trade out with the ones you start with. So definitely weapon choice, possible upgrades? Don't know how that would work because it would be cheesy to have random merchants around from RE 4. That's just retarded. It depends I guess.

Story:

Since I doubt any of us want the original story line of the RE universe screwed with, the game design would have to have its own seperate "concept" story based on the RE universe. For instance Umbrella Corp could still exist and some story could be made.

All in all I could see this type of game possible. Or just take Outbreak and completely redesign it by enhancing it. *shrugs*  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:48 pm
******** a** no. HELL NO.  

Thee Stranger

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:10 pm
Thee Stranger

I also second this xD I love Kevin Ryman but Outbreak is just......bleh....so if that mmo didn't work I can't imagine another one to be that much more successful. Besides they're already making so many MMO's off of everything else.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff