Welcome to Gaia! ::

_~*'[The Original Pokemon Shipping Alliance]'*~_

Back to Guilds

Pokeshipping, Palletshipping and so, so much more. 

Tags: Pokemon, Romance, Yaoi, Slash, Shipping 

Reply _~*'[The Original Pokemon Shipping Alliance]'*~_
Manga Ships vs. Anime Ships Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Invisible-chan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:16 pm
So here's a question for those of you who still watch the anime and are also reading the special adventures manga: Which ships do you prefer, manga ships or anime ships? Is it more fun to see Ash with Misty or Red with Yellow? Do the ships in the anime or manga give better "hints"? And so on and so forth.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:28 pm
Red/Yellow > Ash/Misty
Red/Blue < Gary/Ash  

[Ren The Ryoko]
Captain

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

yinyang64
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:56 pm
Manga > Games > Anime  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:20 am
[Ren The Ryoko]
Red/Yellow > Ash/Misty
Red/Blue < Gary/Ash

Red/Yellow > Everything.  

Yellow-kun
Crew

hdc169

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:06 pm
What s the manga called? and is there only 1 certain pokemon manga that people follow? if so where is it available, and is it in english? ninja
mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:07 pm
hdc169
What s the manga called? and is there only 1 certain pokemon manga that people follow? if so where is it available, and is it in english? ninja

There's at least a dozen different manga.

The main series is Pokemon Adventures (Also called Pokemon Special aka PokeSpe) [Not to be confused with Pokemon Adventures: Diamond and Pearl]

VizKids just began reprinting all the Pokemon Adventures mangas this year. You can get them on Amazon or any bookstore with a decent manga section.  

[Ren The Ryoko]
Captain

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

hdc169

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:18 pm
[Ren The Ryoko]
hdc169

The main series is Pokemon Adventures (Also called Pokemon Special aka PokeSpe) [Not to be confused with Pokemon Adventures: Diamond and Pearl]

VizKids just began reprinting all the Pokemon Adventures mangas this year. You can get them on Amazon or any bookstore with a decent manga section.

mhmm, i see, do they follow any certain ships? JW, i was prbly gunna get some of these anyway :3 ninja
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:58 pm
hdc169
[Ren The Ryoko]
hdc169

mhmm, i see, do they follow any certain ships? JW, i was prbly gunna get some of these anyway :3 ninja

Well, Ruby/Sapphire is canon, and several others have some pretty strong hints.  

[Ren The Ryoko]
Captain

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Kirara2007

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:02 pm
Why are their names colours anyway? Lol I've always wondered that. Is there a reason for it? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:11 pm
Kirara2007
Why are their names colours anyway? Lol I've always wondered that. Is there a reason for it? sweatdrop

They're based directly on the game designs.  

[Ren The Ryoko]
Captain

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

hdc169

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:37 pm
[Ren The Ryoko]
Kirara2007

mhmm, i see, and who are, ruby/saphire, red/yellow? like the characters tht u make from the game or like? ninja
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:41 pm
hdc169
[Ren The Ryoko]
Kirara2007

mhmm, i see, and who are, ruby/saphire, red/yellow? like the characters tht u make from the game or like? ninja

Ranby and Saphire = Branden and May  

utena11221

Invisible Hunter

7,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Jolly Roger 50

hdc169

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:43 pm
OneGirlRevolution_101
hdc169
[Ren The Ryoko]
Kirara2007

aha, i see, anyone have a bit of extra time to tell me bout a few other main characters? ninja
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:45 pm
hdc169
[Ren The Ryoko]
Kirara2007

Well, none of them are easy Manga -> Comparisons. Even characters that look nearly exactly the same (Blue[Male] and Gary for example) are still radically different in terms of personality.

Ruby is the boy from the Gen3 games, and Sapphire is the girl.

Red is the boy from the First Gen games. Yellow has no game correspondent unless you go with the idea that the player from Pokemon Yellow is her, since she does cross dress as a boy for the whole yellow arc.  

[Ren The Ryoko]
Captain

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

[Ren The Ryoko]
Captain

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:49 pm
hdc169
OneGirlRevolution_101
hdc169
[Ren The Ryoko]
Kirara2007

aha, i see, anyone have a bit of extra time to tell me bout a few other main characters? ninja

Well the main 3 from the first arc are:

Red is the main character from the first arc. He, like Ash, is based off the player from the first games. He has a Pikachu named Pika, though it's not his first pokemon (His Poliwhirl is.)

Blue (Or Green, depending on the translation) is Oak's grandson. He has a charmander.

Green (Or blue, depending on translation) is a young girl who is afraid of birds, is very flirty and steals her starter

Then you meet Yellow, who is a young girl from Viridian.

And then the GSC arc started and you got Gold, who was a play boy (His grandparents own the daycare center), Silver (Who is Giovanni's son) and Kris (Who catches Pokemon like crazy)

And then we got Roby, Sapphire and Emerald.

And Diamond, Pearl and Platinum.  
_~*'[The Original Pokemon Shipping Alliance]'*~_

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces