Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Vice Captain Limitations Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:22 pm
So, they snuck that in there without me noticing! Probably because I'm not out for the captainship in any of my guilds... sweatdrop

I think that it's a great balance that they've struck to protect good captains from bad VC's, while at the same time it ensures that a VC can take over if they need to.

Most of the other stuff I'd already seen, but I'd like to say thanks again for giving it to us! heart  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:30 pm
Just notice that?  

Facelesskiller

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:50 pm
Yeaaaaaaaaaah. I'm a bit slow on the uptake sometimes. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:36 am
see......Happens sometimes. All is forgiven. blaugh  

Facelesskiller

Bestro Chen Beast Reaper

Friendly Giver

13,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:28 pm
Ya, I didn't notice much either till I checked on my account to see if it actually worked. I think it is a great idea, people leave Gaia or can even die in real life and leave everything. I know someone who died once and no one on Gaia even new tell I told them.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:59 pm
I think it's a great idea, but I still think that VCs/Crew should be able to leave guilds without people having to demote them.  

XenjinHattori

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200

Matadair

Wealthy Lunatic

14,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:23 pm
Only the captain should have the ability to change ownership of the guild. If vice captains had that ability, all hell would break loose.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:39 pm
Well, they've had that ability for a very long time. I don't really agree that they shouldn't have it either. If the captain quits gaia and doesn't tell anyone or if a captain gets banned, it's good to be able to change the ownership.

Actually, this guild would have been in quite some trouble if not for that, so we're very grateful to that ability. It did need to be limited, however. Hopefully this will stop people from stealing guilds from good captains.  

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

LillianSaire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:42 am
The point of a VC was to be a captain, share all the power. While VCs couldn't demote or promote (from, to) they were pretty close.

If they wanted out of the guild, they could.

If the captain was dumb enough to put a spiteful b*****d as VC, they got punished.

The only thing 'wrong' with the old way was that it let stupid people get punished for it. Which can't be a bad thing.

Now to have co-captains they really have to have a shared mule as captain and mains all VCs. This creates the problem of not knowing who did what.
If the captain gets hacked, all the VC can do is watch the hacker 'play' with the guild. I could be mistaken, but can Gaia Moderators un-delete threads and posts from guilds? I know they can see them, but I don't think they can revive them.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:25 am
No, Gaia members don't have access but Adman or Moderators I believe do so if they need to ban a guild they can check the records.  

Bestro Chen Beast Reaper

Friendly Giver

13,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:31 pm
Hackers are always a problem. Unfortunately, there's very little to be done about them, truthfully.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:46 pm
Or the VC could remove the account from the guild, and therefore protect the guild.

I used the wrong word, Cracker or Phisher would have been more appropriate.  

LillianSaire

Strideo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:14 pm
Quote:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The vice captain can take over if the captain is banned or leaves Gaia.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:53 pm
heart  

WindowOpener

Bestro Chen Beast Reaper

Friendly Giver

13,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:57 pm
Ya, you really need to know who to trust.  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff