Submit

namex

Demonic Hellraiser

9,100 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:57 am
Ok, I'm going on a trip in a few weeks and wanted to get a DS game to play in the car. I already have AC:WW, LoZ razz H, the Pokemon games, and the Mario games. I am interested in platforming and action/adventure games. Any suggestions?

By the way, what are the Castlevania games like? I have never played them. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:53 pm
Do ya like sonic? Sonic rush is a great side scrolling sonic game. there are 2 of them.

The kirby games are great too.

If you like dragon ball, and phantom hourglass. Dragon ball origins is actually a great action adventure game, with similer gameplay as PH.

I never played Castlevania, so i can't tell you about that.  

Mukuchina Kurasu

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:27 pm
Get Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow.

Best DS platformer so far.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:13 pm
ok, thanks 3nodding  

namex

Demonic Hellraiser

9,100 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Tycoon 200

misternitsua

IRL Feeder

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:41 pm
NintendOmega

I haven't played Dawn of Sorrow, but Portrait of Ruin was amazing. I've also heard good things about Order of Ecclesia.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:47 pm
misternitsua
NintendOmega

I haven't played Dawn of Sorrow, but Portrait of Ruin was amazing. I've also heard good things about Order of Ecclesia.

All three are amazing, Dawn of Sorrow is the best because of the awesome "souls" weapon system.  

-Hel the Reaper-

Buddha_Cat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:48 pm
New Zeland Story Revolution, it's for DS.

Do it, do it now.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:30 pm
NintendOmega

This is a quality post and I agree with it  

[-Stefan-]

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:31 am
The lack of The World Ends With You saddens me.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:30 am
Castlevania games play with a mix of Metroid Exploration (well, Portait of Ruin and Dawn of Sorrow at least. Ecclesia is very linear compared to the other two.) and a RPG elements are added such as equipment, weapons, items, leveling, and spells.

All the ones on DS are amazing but Ecclesia starts out very slow and kinda boring for a bit, plus it's very linear. Personally I'd say check out Dawn of Sorrow or Portrait of Ruin if you like buddy systems. Plus Portrait has a lot more extra game modes than the other two.

And if you like platforming and action games you should check out the Megaman ZX series as well. If you like a challenge that is.  

Diablo Helios

Sakuneko-chan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:08 am
I recommend The World Ends With You, it's an awesome game and quite different. Lost Magic wasn't a very well selling game but I really like it. You fight using magic which you activate using runes, it's quite good. Professor Layton and the Curious Village can keep you occupied for aaaaaaages and the graphic style is fantastic, a truly lovely game.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:59 pm
I agree with Sakuneko-chan and auS-e-Dude, The World Ends with you is a really great game for the DS. But if you want a platformer, I guess...Hell I just realized I hardly have any. XD Kirby's always a good choice although can be short at times. Well I've heard good things about Castlevania so those might be a good shot.  

BlueSparker

Nozama

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:39 pm
I couldn't stand The World Ends With You.

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon is a solid game, though. It'll certainly keep you occupied for a while. And Castlevania is a must, I should say. I'd go with Dawn of Sorrow.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:08 pm
Yo, Nozama, is Castlevania a good series? It looks and sounds pretty cool and Im thinking of trying it out.  

BlueSparker

namex

Demonic Hellraiser

9,100 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:17 pm
ninja ninja ninja

Ok, I'm really into games like Pokemon and Zelda where you get to walk around. I guess you could call it a top-down game? wink Are the fighting elements in Castlevania the same as in Metroid?

ninja ninja ninja

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces