Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Michael RD

5,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:05 pm
EarthBound(A.K.A. Mother 2 in Japan),was released in Japan in 1994,then in 1995 in America.EarthBound was a huge success in Japan while here in America,it was nothing more than a cult classic released to poor sales and advertising.Let's start with marketing slogan:"This game stinks."This game stinks?What the hell kind of marketing slogan is THAT!?No wonder EarthBound didn't sell well.I personally hope that the person who came with the slogan got fired.In Japan,the marketing slogan was "Adults,children,and even young women..."Now THAT'S a slogan!EarthBound had and still has a lot of potential.It's hands down one of the best SNES games you'll ever play if you haven't already played it.

And to top it all off,Nintendo made a sequel to EarthBound which was released in Japan only,which some of you know is Mother 3(or EarthBound 2,as some people like to call it) for the GameBoy Advance.Not only that,but Nintendo released a game that came before EarthBound called Mother(A.K.A. EarthBound 0 or EB0),the prequel to EarthBound made for the NES.So basically,EarthBound is part of a trilogy-a trilogy that never made it to our shores together.Nintendo needs to know that there are people that are actually fans of the Mother/EarthBound series and want these games to be translated and launched here in the US(me being one of them) on the Wii's Virtual Console.But there's just one little problem with EarthBound that prevents Nintendo from uploading onto the VC-legal issues.Apparently,there are too many cultural references in the game that NoA legal don't approve of.Well,let me ask you something-if it wasn't a problem BACK THEN,then why is it a problem NOW?

And another thing-as some of you know,there's a demo of EarthBound in the Japanese SSB:Brawls Masterpiece section,but NoA went out of their way and removed it from the American version.But here's the thing-the Masterpiece section has demos of games already out on the Virtual Console,yet EarthBound isn't on the Virtual Console even in Japan!What the hell?Japan is the home of the Mother series,yet there's no Mother 2(EarthBound) available on the VC there either?What were they thinking!?Does Nintendo want to lose sales or what?Do they not care about their fans anymore?If Nintendo won't upload EarthBound onto the Virtual Console,then they should at least upload Mother/EB0 onto the Virtual Console(or maybe translate Mother 3/EB2 and release it here in the US for the DS.I hear Brownie Brown,the people who helped make Mother 3,will make Mother 3 for the US,but only if Nintendo or Shigesato Itoi asks them to).

EarthBound has its issues,but I think it deserves a second chance.It's a really great RPG that was great back then,and still great today.It didn't sell well back then,but knowing how many fans there are out there(again,me being one of them),Nintendo of America should at least try to work something out with NoA legal so they can have EarthBound uploaded onto the Wii's Virtual Console without getting sued.EarthBound was a great game back then,and it's still a great game today.Even if EarthBound gets uploaded onto the Virtual Console with most of the game changed to how NoA legal sees fit(which will hopefully be a good thing),I'd still buy it.And if Nintendo hasn't uploaded by sometime this year or next year,then I really can't blame you for downloading it illegally(you'll have to find a ROM of EB on your own)

So yeah,this is pretty much how I feel about Nintendo not releasing all three EarthBound/Mother games here in the US.Feel free to talk about EarthBound/Mother or anything related to the games cool  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:11 pm
Get out.  

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:36 pm
That wall of text killed me.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:43 pm
IT'S A WALL  

Waynebrizzle

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:43 pm
AHHH A WALL  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:31 am
Wall of text aside... stare

At least it's nice to see another person interested in the Mother series.

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

Nayumi-kuru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:35 am
ahh I can't believe I readed everything o__o, ahm well I feel the same way about the game, but I guess it wasn't released in the virtual console because they had some issues with some legal terms or dunno what XP it's really a shame that we couldn't get our hands on those games but oh wells.. xP seems like some things won't change anyway.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:18 am
A WALL NOOOOO!  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

MaverickDrifter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:21 am
Zephyrkitty
A WALL NOOOOO!
NOT EVEN MY PELVIC THRRRRRUST CAN BREAK THROUGH THIS WALL!!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:24 am
Please learn to punctuate and not make it a wall, that'll make everyone complain. sweatdrop

I always found that game too damn slow for some reason, even with changed speed settings on the emulators it seemed to drag on. Nice game though 3nodding

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

RiceyChicken

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:00 pm
I enjoyed playing the Mother series and I agree, these are one of the best SNES games in Nintendo history.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:56 pm
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
Please learn to punctuate and not make it a wall, that'll make everyone complain. sweatdrop

Yeah thanx I'll keep that in mind sweatdrop  

Michael RD

5,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

DragonKazooie89

Invisible Explorer

22,575 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:52 am
EarthBound and Mother 3 are two of my favorite RPGs. I'd put it up there with Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door and the Pokemon series. Unfortunately, I don;t think it will be coming to the virtual console.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:02 pm
DragonKazooie89
EarthBound and Mother 3 are two of my favorite RPGs. I'd put it up there with Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door and the Pokemon series. Unfortunately, I don;t think it will be coming to the virtual console.
A kid playing the last part of Earthbound:

Kid: Oh boy! I' on the last part of the game! This is pretty good. I wonder how the last boss looks li-

*sees Giygas' face

Kid: HOLY s**t! *shits a brick wall*  

MaverickDrifter

Jarogue

9,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:26 pm
Right on Brother! I played EarthBound and the Mother and Mother 3 fan translation. They were the one of the greatest rpgs I ever play. I mean I would even buy the game if they came to the US. But I guess it just one of many "The Games that Never Were".  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff