So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
People who quit JUST before they lose... Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever dropped out early during an online game?
  Yes, admittedly
  No, of course not
  Don't remember, honestly
  Yes, but only because the other player was "cheap."
View Results

xenozebrax

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:12 pm
I hate them, personally. I feel that all games should have a penalty for it, or at least show other players how many times they dropped a game before completing it. Any opinions or feedback, or do you want to share some experiences of this heinous act?

For example... I was playing Metroid Prime: Hunters, 1-on-1 with some guy in a 15-minute match. We were pretty tied for the first 14 minutes, like 6-6, or something. In the last 20 seconds, I got a kill, and then turned invisible to avoid being shot at. With 5 seconds remaining, wuss-face dropped out... God, I hated that.

Any similar stories, or any opinions on this?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:22 pm
*rage quits*  

Xilo The Odd

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:02 pm
People do that on Halo 3 all the time for me.

They think they're tough s**t, but once I start kicking their asses, they cut out.

I also had that happen to me in an online race on GTA IV. Once I was in first place and it was obvious I was going to win, all the players cut ********' wusses...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:14 pm
Happened all the time when I played GH 3. I even let them pick the song.  

Owwin

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:25 pm
Only when I have to leave. Even if I do, and whether I'm winning or not, if I can leave my system on, I'll let the person win. :/ If I can't, and I can apologize, I will. If I can't, ******** it, I gotta go.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:48 pm
I hate it when people drop out of a game early. When I play Stick Arena:Ballistick, I tend to get the most kills almost at the end of the round and wusses quit before they even lose the round. Plus, no penalty comes out of it.  

RiceyChicken

Cattra Nightblade

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:51 pm
I only rage quit out of halo 3 after my whole damn ******** team does in MLG or Team Ranked, when its 1 on 4... with like 39 kills left to go for them and we only got like 10... happens all the time and pisses me off because your the 1 and its against 4 and they got you on lockdown and well ********, it pisses me off and I hate doing it but thats the only time I really quit.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:23 pm
I never rage quit.
Once, my entire team left in S4 League, so it was me against like, five other guys.
I just stuck it out.

Managed to hold my own fairly well (luckily for me, no one had a healing thingy). Still lost though.
O.o  

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Nozama

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:37 pm
First time I played Star Fox Command online, the guy ragequits. Never went back on.

Yeah, does it count if you run out of batteries? That's the only time I've done it on Hunters.

I dropped out of GTA IV matches, just 'cause I had obnoxious people on my team.

Or, when I play Halo 3 with a friend, he sometimes unplugs his innanet cable as an excuse. ._.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:47 pm
I hate that. especially on Naruto path of the ninja 2. you can unlock extra characters by winning online battles, and well, if they turn it off, you don't get the win. and SO many people do it!
If only I can still get the win, because they are practicly giving up, it won't be so bad... but....  

Mukuchina Kurasu

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:55 pm
I usually do that when I get bored of something prime example was Basewars...

I quit because Serveris was being a douche...had the strongest pitching weapon and he would tilt the ******** ball a second before I would swing making it pop fly into the foul zone which his catcher could grab and count as an out

BASEBALL IS GAY

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:05 pm
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
BASEBALL IS GAY
WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?

*rage quit*  

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

xenozebrax

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:17 pm
"...Shut up, you nub! I could totally pwn you at Halo 3! LAWLERCOPTER!!! ROFLCAKES! I'm teh best, and no one can evur kill a ma$t3r like me! Especially not wit 14 seconds l3ft!!!!1!!111!" *Gets sniped by Pinkfairy27* "WHAT? NOOOOOO!!!!!11111!!!11! I can't los3! My perfect record will be tarnishd! P30ple will look at my 4975/1 win/lose rati0 and think im a loser bcuz I lost 0nc3! omg!!!!"

I actually observed a situation like this. Not on Halo, and not with any specific names, but man, was I p***ed off by that guy. I mean, I would personally look upon his 4976-or-whatever/0 W/L ratio and call him a freak. Jeez. I freaking hate those guys. I mean, I can understand rage quits if your enemies or your teammates are being d***s, but still... Your gaming rep will not be tarnished if you lose a few games here-and-there.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:20 pm
Me and my two childhood friends played Super Smash Bros all the time and the one would always reset right before he lost or turn of the system. Then when we didn't want to play with him (because he was a sore loser) he would tell us that it was because we were afraid of getting owned. He did that for many many games.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

xenozebrax

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:29 pm
Meta_Fish
Me and my two childhood friends played Super Smash Bros all the time and the one would always reset right before he lost or turn of the system. Then when we didn't want to play with him (because he was a sore loser) he would tell us that it was because we were afraid of getting owned. He did that for many many games.

I'll admit to the fact that I used to be like that with my friends way-back-when, but growing up and being more mature now, I tend to avoid doing that--unless it's a playful joke meant solely for my friends. I wish more people would grow up and accept their losses...  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff