Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Atheists can't love! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Satan]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:09 pm
Okay, so today I was behind two religous kids and they were saying that Atheists are angry murderous people and that they have no feelings. That's when I interrupted. They started saying that if I touch them, they'll tell a teacher and then they started calling me a brute. rolleyes It turns out that one of them was jealous that the girl he has a crush on is crazy about me. They were yelling at me saying I can't truly love without the knowledge of God's presence.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:49 pm
What surprises me is that you still get surprised by those kids' attitudes.  

MightyHikaru

To Escape Detection

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:32 pm
Wow, I'm sorry, now we're devoid of emotion? That's the most outlandish claim I've heard about atheists for about a thousand years. o.0  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:37 pm
I'm a cold emotionless brute domokun Fear me.

I've heard that atheists can't be moral. So if you buy that, then I guess it's not too much of a stretch to say we can't love either..
I like how they immediately jump to saying not to touch them. It sounds like they really just wanted to start trouble more than anything.  

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

Southwest

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:23 pm
We can't love?

Oh.

s**t.

News to me.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:36 pm
pirate

I know ....

They told me to my face that I am heartless and cold - rolleyes - I don't get what is it to do with my choice >>I know I am not dependent to some divine power but I only believe in myself and in my own powers  

punkinside

TofuDreamer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:05 am
Crazy. Religious people just try to convert me. It's kind a bit awkward when I'm hanging around in a Christian group. This about God will forgive me if I love him with all my heart. I just consider it a bit selfish to believe in a God and expect to enter the kingdom of paradise. No one expects that people really go to Heaven or Hell if there really is one. No one wants to accept their fate based on their own actions and not on their faith.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:30 am
Nonsense! My heart froze over long before I became an Atheist.  

Phaeton

[Satan]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:43 am
They say that were murderous, though ironically, most of the people you see in jail are wearing Christian necklaces. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:53 am
[Satan]
They say that were murderous, though ironically, most of the people you see in jail are wearing Christian necklaces. rolleyes

don't you know? jesus is in cell block 8. that's why all those prisoners come out saying that they've "found jesus"  

Orichalcon

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:44 am
[Satan]

That's because human nature doesn't change for them just because they are Christian. Although they would like to think it does and that somehow it makes them automatically better.
But anyways, the fact that more people in jail are Christian would only be significant if the percentages of Christians in jail and Christians in the population were vastly different.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:49 am
Back when I was in high school , whenever someone told me this I would instantly begin to rant about theology and how the trancedental argument for god is absurd and circular . I knew they didnt know what I was talking about , but I also knew that they would know that they have no clue what I wa saying . It made them feel stupid because they could tell I was going deep into theology but they had no clue what I was saying .

I would ignore this entirely of course and demand that they reply . When they failed to do so I would flip the situation around and tell them how pathetic it is that so many people really dont understand the reasons behind their own religion and how hypocritical it is for those people to make absurd unfounded claims about those who think differantly .

Most of them would walk away feeling stupid . One girl actually apologized and started questioning her faith ( I was surprised by that one )  

Thy_Mushroom

[Satan]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:50 pm
MightyHikaru
What surprises me is that you still get surprised by those kids' attitudes.
I wasn't exactly surprised, I think "amused" would be the right word to describe my mood.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:29 pm
Would this explain me not having a boyfriend? I didn't know i was uncapeable of loving... wow.
oh wait... thier full of s**t... ok, im okay i get it!  

E_Night

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces