Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Increasing GAU Activity Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

0UjgJBt3ONkG

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:29 pm
GAU member activity seems extremely low. What do you think will get GAU buzzing?

Contests? Activism? More interesting topics? More people?

I understand its a lot more interesting to discuss a disbelief in God with believers than it is other Atheists, but as the saying goes "iron sharpens iron" and a more active GAU could drastically help us all tone our thoughts and arguments.

So, what are your thoughts? What can we do to get GAU one of the first places its members want to go when they sign onto Gaia?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:09 am
Some more interesting topics would help alot.We could also set up a forum where we could post some theistic/creationist bable so we could practice countering( iron sharpens iron, as you say),that would make it seem more interactive. And maybe we could post in the random subforum more, for shits and giggles.  

Kidrahs

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:13 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'm not a big fan of activism; I think if religious and nonreligious people alike stopped being activists in favour of their beliefs, we'd get along much better.

I think that guild members should make more threads about their personal experiences, or thoughts that strayed across their minds... anything that's got the potential to make a good discussion but doesn't require an encyclopedia or philosophy book to discuss.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:19 pm
User Image

Sorry. D: I haven't been really active in this guild lately. If it makes you feel any better, I haven't been all that active in the forums either.

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Arios V

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:49 pm
Meirelle
User Image

Sorry. D: I haven't been really active in this guild lately. If it makes you feel any better, I haven't been all that active in the forums either.

Nor have I. I've been busy with school and my job.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:36 am
User Image
No need to appologize, just always glad you stopped by.

Dathu

Newbie Noob

Arios V

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:40 pm
Thank you. I'll try and stop by more often.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:13 pm
I agree we need to make this thread way more active, we could probibly try advertising it to get more people, or just send IM's to the members reminding them to be more active or else you will boot them from the guild.  

Undecillion

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:14 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I don't agree with booting people from the guild unless they've been inactive for a reeeeeeeeeeeeeally long time. Like, maybe even a year.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:53 pm
Well, there's really no point in booting people at all. A lot of people join, not so much to chat and post (which would be nice), but to simply show support by adding to the members list. Yes, there are a lot of "abandoned mules" in our member registry, but even then I have seen members go inactive for over a year and come back.

We want to be here for all Gaian Atheists whenever they need us and even if they never do. Think of us as adoor that is always open. What would be accomplished by booting members other than ensuring that they never post again. It's pointless really.

I find the best way to get others to be more active is just to be more active myself. Even if I have nothing intelligent to say, I just say what I'm thinking and do my best to get better acquainted with the members that do post.

Dathu

Newbie Noob

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:14 pm
Agree'd to Dathu. (Isn't that a first? D:<)

I remember way back when, we put a lot of effort into cleaning out the member list. It's a headache, although now they have the sort functions on the memberslist. Anyway, you just need to post more! New threads. Make good posts. Remember to make threads that aren't about religion too. Variety.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:14 pm
I'd post more, I just don't have a lot to say right now, unless you want to hear about how much I hate Pre-Calculus and how I'll probably never use 90% of this stuff ever again.  

Arios V

brainnsoup

Dapper Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:37 am
Haha, oops. I just realized that I never even introduced myself here. And I've only posted once or twice. But I really like to lurk here from time to time because I find really interesting articles and videos and get to hear some points that I wouldn't even think of on my own.

The point of my rambling is to say that I'm sure there are a lot of people who like to just lurk. And if it would help I could tell you why I lurk instead of post most of the time and help you pull some people out of hiding.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:46 am
I personally at this point only play gaia for this guild.. i love being able to talk to people who have similar beliefs.. where i grow up thats really hard to find.. i have notice that i only see the same 15 or so people on fourms..
We should organize a get together! (on gaia of course) in like the rally or something and have a massive discussion there :3

should we advertise the guild? maybe that would get more people into the guild that have something to say..
also i think what may have happened was that we've exhausted all the main key points that we all love to discus..  

Nardone

LimeIzMyFaveColor

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:49 am
well i think GAU activity has increased greatly =]
i guess if you have a friend who's atheist then invite them =]  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items