Reply The GazettE
You Know You Like Jrock Too Much When... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HK123

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:30 pm
Okay, lots of other Jrock guilds have these and I LOVE them, and I couldn't help but notice the lack of a YKYLJTMW thread. So basically share your experiences and whatnot. 3nodding

Also, sorry if this is in the wrong place, or if someone else started this thread already. I looked and didn't see one! *bows and hides* Anyway, I'll start. =3

You know you like Jrock too much when...

1. You go to the mall and see a shirt that says 'Pop is Dead' and it takes a minute for your friends to convince you it's a Michael Jackson shirt after you started freaking out that they had Miyavi shirts. sweatdrop

2. Your dad came in and had to give you a talk last night about not rambling too much about Jrock, when you didn't even realize you rambled.

3. You run around your house in short shorts, garters, and thigh socks screaming "I'M FREAKING URUHA!!!", then feel bad because your legs will never look as good as his.

4. In your Music Appreciation class you do a presentation on Visual Kei, and freak out all the AP Music Theory students. (Heh heh...)

5. You also do a presentation in your Guitar class on Mana-Sama.

6. At the end of class a girl comes up to you and tells you she liked it, and you go home screaming that you converted someone to the wonders of Jrock.

7. You broke your iHome from blasting Dir en Grey too loudly, so the speakers died. T^T

8. For a Church Youth activity you make these picture display things, and while everyone else has pictures of their families, you make one dedicated to The GazettE (mainly Uruha).

9. Your Young Women's Leader sees the picture of Uru, and asks if it's you. XD (Seriously!!! You should have seen her face when I told her it was a man!)

10. You were flattered by this statement. rofl

Wow, I only meant to do one or two. XD Anyway, if someone else opens this thread, carry on...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:43 pm
do i continue the number order?

11. You do a slideshow presentation on miyavi...in Spanish class.

12. Your art teacher knows that all the pictures you bring in to draw/paint are of guys from Japan.

13. You constantly go to Hot Topic looking for more J-rock cds.

that's all i can think of for now..
heart  

jiroutachi

Sweetheart

12,200 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Object of Affection 150

HK123

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:52 am
(Yeah, that's right. ^w^)

14. Your Swedish friend asked you for your Jrock. (MUAHAHA.)

15. You see a Dir en Grey album (vinyl) at your mall (WHICH NEVER HAPPENS!) and you take a picture with it. blaugh

16. People often walk in as you're doing the dances/moves from An Cafe, Psycho Le Cemu, The GazettE, etc.

17. They just look at you and walk out without saying anything. XD

18. You look forward to people telling you you're a liar when you say "Actually, that's a guy."

19. Your male friend thinks Bou is hot. (And didn't believe when I told him... Heh heh heh. ninja )  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:51 pm
20. Your friend sees a Malice Mizer DVD at a shop in another state, and the first thing she does is call you.

21. While registering for school you overhear a girl saying something about her Japanese class and you know at that moment you'll be friends. (Anyone else have this kind of thing happen? XD)

22. No one dares say the word 'Vanilla' around you, for fear of your reaction.

23. When they DO say it, they all glare at you and cover your mouth.

24. It's hard for you not to laugh in church and burst out into Silly God Disco or Jesus. (Not Hey Jesus, the Gackt one. 3nodding )

25. You named your iPod Sisen. (Not Jrock, but I thought it applied. blaugh )

26. Every message board you go to, first thing you check is if they have a Jrock thread.

27. If they don't, you make one.

28. You rant so much, it gets to the point that at times your family points out Jrock things instead of you. (I WAS SO PROUD. *sniff*)  

HK123

s u n n y _ l o t u s

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:38 pm
LOL I love this thread!!! xD
I will continue. ^-^
These are what I learned from experience...

29. Your friends think Jrockers look scary because of their hair, make-up, facial expression, etc.

30. They get even more freaked out when they see Jrockers acting silly and cute. xD

31. You want a visual hair hairstyle and keep asking for one, but your parents won't let you...T-T

32. You have a Jrock song stuck in her head the whole day at school and when the teacher calls on you, you're clueless. >w<

That's all I could think of for now. xD

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:02 pm
Down my fingertips

33. Your friend dont ever mention the work "Japan" for fear of what might happen.

34. You spent the night forcing your straight best friend to sit and watch all the Gazette video and then forcing him to comment on how hot they are... or else!!

serenity waltzes

Little Cross

HK123

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:48 pm
s u n n y _ l o t u s
32. You have a Jrock song stuck in her head the whole day at school and when the teacher calls on you, you're clueless. >w<

This this this! XD I had Jesus by Gackt stuck in my head ALL day today! It was the first day of school today, too! *headdesk*

35. You're making cover pages for your school binders when your mother looks over your shoulder and says "Lashy, this is a new school. Everyone will think you're lesbian again."

XD Everyone's convinced I'm lesbian because I drool over men that (apparently) look like women! rofl Good times.

36. The thing you're most excited about in your Japanese class is learning harigana so you can read the blogs of your fandoms.

37. (also in your Japanese class, heh) You're honestly shocked when a kid can't pronounce 'kiritsu' and 'ohayo gozaimasu' correctly. ( xd I'm on the internet too much, ne?)  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:18 pm
HK123

35. You're making cover pages for your school binders when your mother looks over your shoulder and says "Lashy, this is a new school. Everyone will think you're lesbian again."

XD Everyone's convinced I'm lesbian because I drool over men that (apparently) look like women! rofl Good times.

Lol Thats so me! My mom thinks I'm a lesbian, and I keep telling her their men!! She doesnt believe me.

38. Your cat happens to have 5 kittens and you name each of them after a member of the GazettE, and laugh when your parents try to pronoun their names.

39. You father owns the bus that takes you and other classmates to school, and you subject the poor kids to the wonders of Jrock every time you can get away with it.

Little Cross

HK123

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:07 am
The Cat Eye Nebula

38. Your cat happens to have 5 kittens and you name each of them after a member of the GazettE, and laugh when your parents try to pronoun their names.

39. You father owns the bus that takes you and other classmates to school, and you subject the poor kids to the wonders of Jrock every time you can get away with it.

You're my hero! XD Gah, I would totally force an entire bus to listen to Jrock if I could! Does the bus have a CD player or something? I've only seen busses with radios. O_O Ah, and one occured to me this morning as I would looking over the artwork from Merveilles...

40. You generally spend upwards of thirty dollars for one CD.

41. You've had to explain what the phrases 'Jrock' and 'Visual Kei' mean more times than you can count while playing Get-to-know-you games on your first day of school. =.=;;;

Gah, I'm getting kicked off my own computer!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:53 pm
HK123
The Cat Eye Nebula

You're my hero! XD Gah, I would totally force an entire bus to listen to Jrock if I could! Does the bus have a CD player or something? I've only seen busses with radios. O_O Ah, and one occured to me this morning as I would looking over the artwork from Merveilles...

40. You generally spend upwards of thirty dollars for one CD.

41. You've had to explain what the phrases 'Jrock' and 'Visual Kei' mean more times than you can count while playing Get-to-know-you games on your first day of school. =.=;;;

Gah, I'm getting kicked off my own computer!!!

Down my fingertips

Yeah, we have a CD player and an mp3, so the poor kiddies were out of luck!

Lol, #41 is so me!! xDDD

serenity waltzes

Little Cross

HK123

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:11 pm
Haha, sweet! XD What do you educate them with? And I said this today, and thought I needed to post it here... Dang, I feel like a rabid fangirl, I'm the only one posting. sad . Anyway...

42. You use phrases such as 'Holy Gackt on Nyappy fish paste!' and 'For the love of Kai!'

43. You say "Nevermind, inside joke!" to people, then realize that you have no Jrock friends, and you have an inside joke with yourself.

44. You don't care, and continue to write it all over your notes.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:07 pm
45. In Biology your teacher says something about pistachios and a magic box, and no one can figure out why you're laughing hystarically for the rest of the period.

(He then asked me if I had a problem with cowboys. WTF??? XD)

46. You're on the bus home from school, watching Decomposition Beauty on your iPod. The kid behind you starts poking the kid IN FRONT of you with a pencil, blocking your view of the concert. You proceed to glare at this kid until he sits down, arms folded, terrified.

I'm weird. No one at my school likes Jrock, so no one ever knows what I'm talking about. sad  

HK123

-Weird Wacky Watermelon-

O.G. Cat

10,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:47 pm
46. When someone asks what your favorite music is, you quickly responds,"J-rock, mostly from Visual Kei bands" which makes them go, "Huh?"

47. When you starts to suddenly hum the GazettE songs without even knowing.

@HK123: Really? That sucks. At my school, I know very, very few who does.
But none of my close friends does... weird. D;

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:01 pm
-Weird Wacky Watermelon-
46. When someone asks what your favorite music is, you quickly responds,"J-rock, mostly from Visual Kei bands" which makes them go, "Huh?"

47. When you starts to suddenly hum the GazettE songs without even knowing.

@HK123: Really? That sucks. At my school, I know very, very few who does.
But none of my close friends does... weird. D;

This exactly! AHHH. I've had to explain the phrase 'visual kei' so many times! And then when I use pictures as examples, you have to say 'Yes, that is a man.' five million times! ADKJGFLASDJKKLFJ.

Yeah, it does. I live in a pretty sheltered town, so the kids who wear Marilyn Manson shirts to school are pretty much the musical diversity of everything. Le sigh. I do have one friend that likes Alice Nine, but any other Jrock band, she TOTALLY makes fun of. And she's Japanese too! T^T  

HK123

The GazettE

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces