Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
Hot Hot Hot! Summerrrrrr*** Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Like the heat?
  Not really - 70's good for me
  Summer? It's alright, gimme 75
  Hell yeah summer! Freakin 80 eh?
  90 - Now we're talkin'
  100+ I live in the Sahara
View Results

Iakun

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:34 am
I freaking hate summer. x_x What gets me is the heat. It makes me feel downright uncomfortable and gives me headaches! But some people love the heat. I tend to prefer the temperature a bit cooler. I'm in Vancouver so naturally our hot weather here doesn't get quite as hot as it does in other places.

So what about you guys? Roughly whereabouts are you in the world and just how hot does it get there?

Honestly, my perfect temperature is 70 degrees. (Dang americans and their fahrenheit =P )

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:52 am
"Dang americans and their fahrenheit"
LOL

I live smack-dab in the center of the U.S.
Here it can get as low (and sometimes lower) as 30 degrees,
or as high (and sometimes higher) as 100 degrees.

Personally I hate the heat.
I like 70, but sometimes I think that 65 is more my temp.  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:32 am
I'm most comfy at about 80, but only if it's a little humid too. Otherwise, I like 75-ish.

That's 24 Celsius. whee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:21 pm
I can't stand the heat unless it's a dry heat, you start adding humidity and I wanna die. xp I'm dead center U.S.A. but then you already knew that bro. My happy temp...Mm...somewhere around 75 I'd say. I'd say 70 to 75 I'm comfortable but I'm okay up to 83 too as long as there is no humidity! Give me a true Spring and a lovely Fall and I'm happy! ^_^

*giggles* Yes, I'm always asking him "Is that cold cause it sounds cold" when he says like 30 which is usually Celsius and I'm like, "Man that sounds cold!" and he's like, "Cold!? That's disgustingly hot!" or something like that. *giggles*  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

Iakun

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:06 pm
30 is disgustingly hot lol I remember our forecast said Friday was gonna be 33, which would be roughly 91 in fahrenheit. That's sooooo disgusting lol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:21 pm
blah metric, give me my ol' fahrenheit anyday

y'all know what my temperature is like, but as long as it doesn't get above 85, I'm fine  

Tybarious

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:44 am
Just to note, all of my previous temperature listings were in fahrenheit.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:20 pm
User Image

Metric Celsius makes no sense to me. At least Fahrenheit starts at "0" it's much easier to calculate. xp!

Lets see....here in the Winter time it can be anywhere from -10F(-23C) to 30F(-1C). Summer's usually range from about 80F(26C) to 105F(40C). Normally around late July, early August is when it's the hottest and it's been known to stay in the 100's (F) during that time.

Right now though, the temperature has been insanely cool. All last week it did not get over 74F(23C). It was wonderful. :3

♥ [LOVE]

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

Iakun

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:24 pm
I think I like Celsius more and it makes more sense to me. 0 freezing point and 100 boiling point. How does that not make sense? Besides, I think a majority of the world works on Celsius too. xp  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:48 pm
And I'll say it again bro when you put it in Celsius and say it's 33 out I'm thinking, "Wow that's freakin cold!" Cause you see a low number. Now if you say it's 91 out I'm thinking, "Wow that's hot." Cause it's a high number.  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

Tybarious

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:50 pm
Celius is alright but if I had choose something other than fahrenheit, I would choose Kelvin, at least it start at a place that makes more sense to me  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:28 pm
Ty just owned us all, but mostly because I can't make a comeback since the specific of kelvin are no longer in my brainmeats.

*sings* It's a cruel... cruel cruel summer, leaving me here on my ooooown...  

Iakun

Teriyaki-N1nj4

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:35 pm
Its actually really nice here in Nebraska. this is a weird mild summer  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:40 pm
There have been some hot summers here in Vancouver, but mostly we get short bursts of heat for a few days every now and then and mostly normal comfortable weather.  

Iakun

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:26 am
Man bro you ain't kidding when you said Ty just owned us all. I had to go look up Kelvin and man it's like the absolute temp scale or something. The theoretical absence of all thermal energy, is zero (0 K). It doesn't get a degree sign it's just K for Kelvin.

Yeah, you're so lucky bro you get beautiful weather in the summer. Ooo I love that song! *chuckles*

Yeah ya know Teri it's been oddly nice here where I live too. Usually it's sweltering and very humid or at least has been this year it's actually be fairly nice except for those few weeks where it wasn't but it's gotten a lot better recently.  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff