Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
I thought Emo had Anti-Conformist ideals. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sophia.Ryu

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:03 am

So why are you all conforming to the scene? Doesn't make sense dose it?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:30 pm
I dont believe I know what your saying by "conforming to the scene". I know alot of "emo" people are just posers and trying to fit in but not everyones like that. Emo's not about what you where or even about the music you listen to I believe it is mearly a state of mind that we chose to live in. well PM me if you want to debate more about it ^^  

Golden_Wolfen

Little Miss Lunacy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:26 pm
If you read enough of the posts in here, you would have seen that most of the people here were against the scene.

Who said emo was for "non-conformity?" Why do people assume that everything an emo person does is to make a statement?

I'm fine with conforming, I just don't want to conform with you.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:20 pm
Miserably Lonely
If you read enough of the posts in here, you would have seen that most of the people here were against the scene.

Who said emo was for "non-conformity?" Why do people assume that everything an emo person does is to make a statement?

Are you kidding me? Pretty much everyone here is trying to be in the scene.

Sophia.Ryu

Archangel Izual

Eternal Rogue

1,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:31 pm
If you continue to make derogatory, insensitive, rude statements about people in a guild you've just joined..... You might want to rethink before I resort to banning you like I stated after your post in the picture thread.

Everyone here who is an "emo-kid" has their own style.
Nobody here is conforming.... We listen to "emo" music and such but that doesn't make us conformists. There is a difference between sharing preferences and being a conformist.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:28 pm
:dances: I love you Sophia.

I think it was the band Panic! At the Disco that said: "If the scene were a parish, you'd all be condemed?"

Something like that.

On a personal note: P!ATD sounds just like Fall Out Boy. A much better Fall Out Boy, but FOB none the less.

This is the point in time where I post this: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4605856819326879338&q=emo

Now tell me emo is non-conformist?  

Xyloid

Sophia.Ryu

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:35 pm
Lord Balrox
If you continue to make derogatory, insensitive, rude statements about people in a guild you've just joined..... You might want to rethink before I resort to banning you like I stated after your post in the picture thread.

Everyone here who is an "emo-kid" has their own style.
Nobody here is conforming.... We listen to "emo" music and such but that doesn't make us conformists. There is a difference between sharing preferences and being a conformist.

I listen to emo music. But you don't see me looking like all of my other emo friends. Just take a look around you for a second, you'll realize some pretty nifty things.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:12 am
Xyloid
:dances: I love you Sophia.

I think it was the band Panic! At the Disco that said: "If the scene were a parish, you'd all be condemed?"

Something like that.

On a personal note: P!ATD sounds just like Fall Out Boy. A much better Fall Out Boy, but FOB none the less.

This is the point in time where I post this: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4605856819326879338&q=emo

Now tell me emo is non-conformist?

Panic! does sound like Fall out.
That's why I refuse to listen to them.
That voice makes me want to shoot myself.

*Sophia.Ryu
"Are you kidding me? Pretty much everyone here is trying to be in the scene. "
What is the scene?
xxx

God With Us

Xyloid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:00 pm
The "scene" she is talking about it the emo scene.

Do we really need to explain the emo scene to you?

http://www.gaiaonline.com/gaia/redirect.php?r=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4605856819326879338&q=emo

THAT is the scene she is talking about.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:27 am
It's not so much conforming as it is preferring the same things.

I can see your point about the same hair cuts, but every scene has that.

Everyone wants to be a part of something.

The non-conformists are conformists because they choose to not conform along with others.  

[Catharsis Message]

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:13 am
Sophia.Ryu
Miserably Lonely

Are you kidding me? Pretty much everyone here is trying to be in the scene.

Have you seen what I write... have you seen what I look like... now tell me I'm scene.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:19 am
thats because youll rarely see true emos nowadays because emo style is now seen as a fashion trend.  

aikoislost

4,800 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

xxxcyberaddictxxx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:40 am
The problem is too many people sterotype "Emo" It used to be you wear a darker wardrobe and are over-emotional. But now people sterotype it to slitting writsts, being gay and the like. That's not what it's about, thats what people sterotype it into. All emo is is being over-emotional. Now tell me, do over-emotional kids try to be conformist/anti-conformist in everything they do? no.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:08 pm
Okay. You made the thread so I am totally aloud to go off now. Alright. Some people of the Emo/Goth (and yes, I am Goth) scene are trying to be non-confirmist and as a result of this, they become Emo/Goth. Well, if you are trying to be so different, do your own thing! By being Emo/Goth you are confirming to be Emo/Goth. It does not make sense!!!!! If, infact, that is why you are what you are(or think you are) you are now going to called Mr. Super-poseur by everyone on the earth! Whether they know you or not, you can tell when someone is a poseur and that is usually the reason. You honestly have to have a sense of humor to be of almost any sub-culture. It is very biased and stereotypical, and no longer means the same thing as it did in the past. Ugh. Sorry. That was actually pretty tame too. wink  

Corpse_Bride_131

The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games