Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
Please Vote Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

poll
  magicgold
View Results

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:29 am
I'm conducting research into a subject that I'm curious about. How many of the video games that you've started playing have you actually finished? I started a poll on a survey site. Please vote. You don't have to fill out all the extra info after voting, just hit "skip."

http://us.toluna.com/polls/2340/How-many-video-games-have-played-completed.htm  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:54 pm
It's because we heard that most people don't finish most of there games.
I'll be posting this elsewhere myself.  

xwhateverxdudex

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:48 pm

1 game. Kingdom Hearts. xD! I hate finishing games, I get bored with them before the end.

[so simple and clean]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:45 pm
I tend to get sidetracked with other games usually new ones. Eventually I come back to the ones I started but there are some that I will never finish for various reasons. However, as of lately...I think I've maybe finished 4 or 5 of the many games I actually own. sweatdrop

I know I'm a horrible person but some of them I'll never finished because the games piss me off. For example Takes of the Abyss I'll never finish because it's such a poor game. The characters have no reason to travel together yet they do, they slam majorly on the one character and it's not really his fault if you think about it, and things like that will quickly turn me off of a game. Another game I probably won't finish is Final Fantasy VII cause I heard Sephiroth is insanely hard to kill unless you use a cheat code and even then it's major hard. So I got my favorite character, Vincent Valentine, up to his Chaos transformation and quit playing.  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

Tybarious

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:38 pm
Raven didn't we have a discussion like this before, maybe not in this guild but possibly in mine and Leota's guild?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:48 am
Possibly. I recall having talked about it with someone before. But this time, I'm hoping to get a lot more people to respond. 3nodding

I have finished every game I've ever played. I suck at a lot of stuff, so there've been times when I've had dude help me with bosses or minigames. But I've always seen every game I've started through to the end. Except for FFVI. I was just so sick of Final Fantasy RPGs at that point that I quit and never went back to it. But it's not my game, it's dude's. I've finished all of my own games, almost entirely on my own. 3nodding Part of it might be because I'm very picky about which games I buy. I research them heavily before picking them up. There's only been a couple of time that I didn't, and only once did that turn out to be a problem. (Sold that one to dude for a buck, lol.)

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:09 pm
I remember the one you sold to me.
Seven Samurai
It was a very fun game.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:31 pm
I'm the type that finishes almost every single game I play. I just can't leave a game unfinished. Once I start, I have to see the story through to the end. I play only rpg's basically. I've got a few games that are unfinished that I need to get back to but it's hard because one of those games... well the story isn't grabbing me quite as well as others have.  

Iakun

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:18 pm
Or you got side tracked by that new game that came out that you've been waiting for so you put the other game down and go to it. *chuckles* But it's probably as you said the other didn't really capture your attention.

I've had a few of those, but then you get back to it and get farther in and you're like, "OMG I can't believe I almost missed this." I love those kind of games too. ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:25 pm
It's not that often that a new game arrives so fast I can't complete a previous one haha But it's like with Tales of Vesperia; this is the game that I have to keep taking breaks from because it honestly feels more like a chore. There's that new game Tales of Graces coming out on the Wii. A part of me wanted to give it a try but I don't think I will.

I detest the way Tales scripts and characters have been going. It's got some shitty character relationships/interaction compared to other rpgs/series I've played.

Iakun

Tybarious

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:18 pm
y'all should laugh, I just finish a game a few weeks back that I started 10 years ago xd (it was Banjo-kazooie, I had buoght the original when it first came out and then xbox live was offering it on their arcade so I dl it and finally got to see the end movie)

For the most part I like finishing a game but some games are just "in-depth" or difficult for me to spend the afford to finish.

I did complete Wolfenstien, Doom, Doom II, and Duke Nukem when they first came out.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:03 am
What kinds of games does everyone like anyway? For me it's pretty much just rpgs, but Jrpgs to be specific.

*thanks god my xbox live went back to silver with no issues*

Iakun

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:39 am
I play a lot of different kinds of games. 3nodding I like action/adventure, rpg, platformers, some fighters, a lot of variety. My favorite games tend to cross different genres, tho, and have a lot of different elements to them, like Beyond Good and Evil. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:28 pm
Ah yes, "Beyond Good and Evil"...
Your most favorate game of all. LOL

I can't catagorize. Too many games have too many elements for me to easily deside what type of game it is.

I'm just going to list every game I've played. (minus hentai)

Eversion - Guild Wars - Lightweight Ninja - Air Traffic Control - Arctic Adventure 1-4 - California Raisins - Golf - Indoor Sports - Jaws - Monopoly - Pacman - Pharaoh's Tomb 1-4 - Pinball - Space Invaders - Wheel of Fortune - M.U.G.E.N - Adventure - Gravitar - Asteroids - Missile Command - Breakout - Pong - Centipede - Volley Ball - Circus Atari - Yar's Revenge - Kim Possible: Revenge of Monkey Fist - Kim Possible 2: Drakken's Demise - Kim Possible 3: Team Possible - Kim Possible: Kimmunicator - Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories - Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi: Kaznapped - Aladdin - College Football's National Championship II - Jungle Book (the) - Jurassic Park - Jurassic Park: Rampage Edition - Jurassic Park: The Lost World - Lion King (the) - Lost Vikings (the) - Mortal Kombat - Prince of Persia - Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Crossroads of Time - Activision Classic Games for the Atari 2600 (a collection of) - Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare - Croc: Legend of the Gobbos - Croc 2 - Dino Crisis - Dino CRisis 2 - Dracula: The Resurrection - Final Fantasy - Final Fantasy II - Final Fantasy IV - Final Fantasy V - Final Fantasy VI - Hot Wheels: Turbo Racing - Jurassic Park: Warpath - Myst - Riven: The Sequel to Myst - Scooby-Doo and the Cyber Chase - Spyro the Dragon - Spyro: Ripto's Rage - Spyro: Year of the Dragon - Tomb Raider - Tomb Raider 2 - Tomb Raider 3 - Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation - Tomb Raider: Chronicles - Yu-Gi-Oh: Forbidden Memories - Beyond Good and Evil - CSI: 3 Dimensions of Murder - Dark Angel - Devil May Cry - Devil May Cry 2 - Dragonball Z: Budokai - Dragonball Z: Budokai 2 - Dragonball Z: Budokai 3 - Dragonball Z: Sagas - Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi - Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 - Super Dragonball Z - Duel Masters - Ed Edd n Eddy: The Mis-Edventures - Enter the Matrix - Final Fantasy X - Fullmetal Alchemist and the Broken Angel - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Harry Potter: Quiditch World Cup - Hobbit (the) - Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy - Jak II - Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis - Katamari Damacy - Kim Possible: What's the Switch - Kingdom Hearts - Kya: Dark Lineage - Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (the) - Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (the) - Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (the) - Lupin the 3rd: Treasure of the Sorcerer King - Namcomuseum - Neopets: The Darkest Faerie - Oni - Pryzm: Chapter One: The Dark Unicorn - Scooby-Doo: Night of 100 Frights - Scooby-Doo: Mystery Mayhem - Seven Samurai 20XX - Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus - Snoopy vs The Red Baron - Spider-Man - Splinter Cell - Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly - Spyro: A Hero's Tail - Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness - Tomb Raider: Legend - Wallace and Gromit in Project Zoo - X2: Wolverine's Revenge - Yu-Gi-Oh: The Duelist of the Roses - Yu Yu Hakusho: Dark Tournament  

xwhateverxdudex

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:46 pm
I think I tend to play mostly PRG's but I don't know I'd have to go check it out. I'd have to look at all my games...I'd have to FIND all of my games. sweatdrop

Bro: Seriously!? There is a new Tales of game coming out for the Wii?? When!? *mumbles* Hm...so gotta look into this. *clears throat and speaks normal again* Anyway... Yeah I have to agree the Tales of series has seriously begun to slack big time. I'll probably give this next one a try and if falls of the wagon too I'll give up on the Tales of series.

Ty: *chuckles* Man, I have so done that! Chaos Legion I started that game years back and only just finished it...the end of last year! *laughs* So you're not the only one that has done that. ^_^

Dude: I'm actually a little surprised I've only played a few games on your list. I don't know why but I'd figured we would have played a couple more in common...don't ask me why I thought that just did. *shrugs* Ah well.  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff