Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Atheism and Gay marriage Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gay marriage?
  NOM NOM YEAH mucho NOM NOM
  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Marriage is for man and woman only!
  Maybe call it something other than marriage?
  I'm here for the free PHOOD *NOM*
  Other... (please explain)
View Results

=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:38 pm
User Image

I know there was a thread about homosexuality
and everything. But I want to go more specifically on the
topic of gay marriage.

What are your opinions? Should gay marriage be legalized?
Why or why not? (And how does atheism affect your answer?)

Things to keep in mind before you answer:
-Adoptions, divorces, family problems, economical impacts
on society, etc.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:44 pm
gay marriage should be legal, and being an atheist makes me not think a imaginary guy in the sky shuns it XD.  

Yevn

Wealthy Fatcat

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:00 pm
User ImageI have no problems with Gay marriage, adoption, divorces, family problems, or the economic and social impacts. Things change, cages will be rattled, and society is just gonna have to take it like a man.

talk2hand However, don't get me started on my issues with adoption laws in general. Another thread, another time.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:05 pm
i accept gay marriage =]  

LimeIzMyFaveColor

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100

Ashe Winters

6,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:34 pm
No gay couple should marry under the banner of religion. However, marriage, in general, should not be under the banner of religious but Social Contracts.

I find it disrespectful that the old people of florida and california thought they had the right to take away the rights of those that rightfully deserve them. If I had the names of those that voted against gay marriage, I'd go to their houses and throw various rainbow dildos at them. This would serve no purpose to the cause, but it would make me giggle.

Homosexuality is as natural as heterosexuality, blonde hair, and albinos. To say they can't have marriage is to spit on the human race. It's 2009, I think the time has come to let everyone in on societal progress and stop blocking people because of primitive prejudices. NO H8!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:00 pm
EdwardHeart
No gay couple should marry under the banner of religion. However, marriage, in general, should not be under the banner of religious but Social Contracts.

I find it disrespectful that the old people of florida and california thought they had the right to take away the rights of those that rightfully deserve them. If I had the names of those that voted against gay marriage, I'd go to their houses and throw various rainbow dildos at them. This would serve no purpose to the cause, but it would make me giggle.

Homosexuality is as natural as heterosexuality, blonde hair, and albinos. To say they can't have marriage is to spit on the human race. It's 2009, I think the time has come to let everyone in on societal progress and stop blocking people because of primitive prejudices. NO H8!

This.

Also, I live in Canada, which has legalized gay marriage. GO CANADA!!!!  

MissDemeter

In Search of a Dream

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:19 pm
EdwardHeart
If I had the names of those that voted against gay marriage, I'd go to their houses and throw various rainbow dildos at them. This would serve no purpose to the cause, but it would make me giggle!

That would make me giggle, too.

Gays should marry. Religion should have no place in those issues, and scientific evidence does indicate that it is somewhat natural, at least in animals. Plus, it is their right to marry, and no one else should be allowed, even under religious reasons, to tread on other's rights.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:32 pm
Well, I feel this may not be brought up if I don't post this. Some Atheists may be anti-gay, being an Atheist doesn't automatically make you all for gay-rights.

A video I had watched yesterday claims this, and I cant say its not possible, just hopefully rare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Anvlms-Z_u0&feature=channel_page

FYI, the person in this video is a guy.  

IVIalice

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

SpeciesxConfused

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:16 am
the only reason that gay marriage isnt legel is becuz of the government most of the ppl that run it are christian or catholic and u know how stupid and annoying wonder christians are but that shouldnt even matter if i ever got what they think "Everything but Marriage" thing i will still say im married i dont give a s**t what someone says im still going to say it they cant do anything <3  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:48 am
Who the ******** cares? Let gays get married. I don't see how it get's so ******** up their craw? What's next, ban gays from Grocery stores? It's not like after their marriage they are going to have a giant ******** gay orgy in your house.  

Colm-kun

2,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200

Free the immortal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:40 pm
Gays should marry my atheism has nothing to really do with this answer I don't think they should just to spite the Christians or Catholic's.
Its not gonna do much with society to older generation like 60+(who no one cares about anymore) might have something against it for a long time but who cares there from the old way that wants it to stay like that well the world has changed deal with it.
If I recall in America the California it did not pass because every old person just about in that state voted against it and they vote in huge numbers unlike the few others who did not vote.

It should be called marriage yes

As someone who grow up in an orphanage I'll be the first to tell you I don't care if its a man and a man(woman and woman) wanting to adopt me its better then no one at all.

All family's have problems from my understanding of talking to others just cause there gay or lesbian does not mean there any diffrent.
I don't see what them marring would do to an economy to hurt or help it really
Divorce would basically be the same as it is in a same sex marriage

There is no true negative in it, There is the try to scary you effect with it but those are all stupid and if you fall for it you are stupid.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:09 pm
User Image
EdwardHeart

Yeah... I live in California. It sucked balls when it happened. Wish I could vote. But hey, rainbow dildos will be awesome! rofl

stark espada1
If I recall in America the California it did not pass because every old person just about in that state voted against it and they vote in huge numbers unlike the few others who did not vote.

Yup. It was proposition H8. We seriously need more campaigning here.

User Image

=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=

fhbnfghnbfgbsnbg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:54 am
Because according to this video, gay marriage will infringe on the rights of everyone else.
"Some people advocating same-sex marraiage have taken it beyond just same sex couples"
"They're taking away my freedom"
"They want to bring the issue into my life"
"I'm part of a New Jersey church group punished by the government because we can't support gay marriage."
I'm thinking that as long as people like this are out there, it's going to be awhile before it's legalized.
Note that they give no explanation as to how it takes away their rights.

The hypocrisy in this video is amazing. They're going to take away your freedom? Just look at the laws today against gay marriage.
It goes on.

(There's also this entertaining parody of the video.
"We'll take the issue beyond same-sex marriage. Like, really far."  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:18 am
I absolutely hated the original video
It made me gag

The 2nd video although was funny  

LimeIzMyFaveColor

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100

Nardone

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:46 am
i am definitely a supporter of gay marriage..
i actually find people who dont like it kinda.. cruel and terrible..
there people too.. theres nothing wrong with two women or two men being together.. i actually encourage people (if there homosexual) to not be shy about it because if they are then its just making it harder for society to except them
also gay marriage is one of the reasons i became atheist.. well atleast it led to it.. i figured if there was a god he wouldnt care.. he would want all of his children to be happy instead of making them suffer.. so then when my church kept saying that gays werent ok.. i looked for other religions.. and couldn't stick to them..  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff