Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Swine Flu Vaccine Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you going to take it
  yes
  no
  yes no maybe?
View Results

Latopazora

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:54 am
Why or why not?
For me, no. I've never taken the flu shot and I have not gotten the flu. Its extremely difficult for me to get the cold in the first place.
Also, more people suffered from the flue vaccine than the flu back in the 1970s. If I don't take the vaccine, I may or may not get sick. If I do take the vaccine, I'll get sick for sure since that's the point of the vaccine: get sick so you build an immunity to it.
I'd rather drink tons of orange juice, acai berry juice- or any other antioxidant and eat healthy to keep my body strong and healthy, than put my life into a liquid I know nothing about-other than what they tell us.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:29 am
I'm probably going to go ahead and do it. Oh, point about the flu shot and getting sick; the flu shot does not actually give you the flu. It's made of dead virus particles, so they cannot actively spread. Your immune system builds resistance to the strain because it is exposed to the proteins that make up the particle. You can, however, have a reaction to the shot that feels like illness, and I have had that before. Still, I don't feel like having a nasty case of the flu this year that have a statistically remote chance of killing me, so I'll probably just get the damn thing, muscle through a day of feeling sick, and get it over and out of the way.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Pumona

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:01 am
I do not believe in my case to ever get any flushot, but for the young, old and weak immune systems you might want to. I take vitamin C everyday and barely ever even get a cold. If I do it is very slight and only for a day. Now I will be doing an Internship at a Hospital and I might have to get the flushots for this, oh well it is the job.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:21 am
My university requests that I do. So I'll be in line for it...  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

Raidoactive Kitty

Dapper Smoker

11,275 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:45 pm
I will not. I don't get vaccinated unless I have to. Not that I have anything against it I just don't oi it.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:00 am
never have had a flu shot, never had the flu. But now that i say it im going get jinxed  

Pandern

1,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Vasilius Konstantinos

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:16 pm
Never had the flu shot. I have only caught the flu twice in my life. My family does not get the flu shots.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:16 pm
The Swine Flu is God sending his wrath upon us, because the world is not following his morals! It's like Sodom and Gomorrah, only more modern. It was the same with Hurricane Katrina, and AIDS. As our society encourages more gay people, and abortions, God casts his wrath!!!  

Magus Kathrine

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:23 pm
Quote:
The Swine Flu is God sending his wrath upon us, because the world is not following his morals! It's like Sodom and Gomorrah, only more modern. It was the same with Hurricane Katrina, and AIDS. As our society encourages more gay people, and abortions, God casts his wrath!!!

Okay, that's one theory. The other theory is that a flu variant mutated into this strain. Now, let's examine evidence and test these theories. By your theory, infection is directly proportional to cultural permissiveness of homosexuality. By this reasoning, the less permissive a society is of homosexuality, the lower infection rates should be. However, we notice no correlation when we compare Mexico, where masculine culture is not very permissive of homosexuality, and Scandinavia, which is very permissive of homosexuality. Infection rates have been much lower in Scandinavia, but have been tremendous in Mexico.

Now, if we consider the viral origin theories, then the epicenter of mutation for the strain should equate to the greater transmission of the virus. Indeed, epidemiologists have traced this virus back to Mexico, where infection rates were huge. The further you get from Mexico, the lower transmission rates were.

Evidence considered, I'll go with the virus theory rather than the divine origin theory.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:51 am
Magus Kathrine

Who let Fred Phelps into the guild?  

DanskiWolf

Pumona

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:26 pm
My Internship at the Hospital starts tomorrow and they never mentioned getting the shot so, I will not get it. As I said before I do not believe in any of the flu shots unless you have a weak immune system (elderly and kids). I have not been sick in years.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:47 pm
I'll take my chances I have never gotten the flu shot and I have a fear of shots so I don't think be getting a shot.  

ryokomayuka

Familiar Member

10,400 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Latopazora

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:26 pm
DanskiWolf
Magus Kathrine

Who let Fred Phelps into the guild?

I think I might haveā€¦ I'm not sure, its been a while since I checked in

sorry  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:09 pm
No, I generally approve all entries, and I don't discriminate. If someone comes across like a wack job I trust the assent of the masses will call them out on it. If it does not, it is not for me to censor perspectives entering the guild. Challenge them? Absolutely.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas