Welcome to Gaia! ::

clubs of california

Back to Guilds

we go around california and party hardy then tell us of your exitement! 

Tags: party, clubs, california, total, awesome 

Reply In Honor Of Michael Jackson
"This is it" will only be shown for 2 weeks. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kendrazombie

8,100 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:35 am
Tickets for the two-week presentation will go on sale in most cities beginning on Sunday, September 27th.

CULVER CITY, Ca., August 20, 2009 - Sony Pictures Entertainment and Sony Music Entertainment announced today that Michael Jackson THIS IS IT will be released exclusively for a special, limited, two-week engagement worldwide, with the studio pushing up the debut of the film by two days, to Wednesday, October 28th. Due to the anticipated demand for this film, tickets for the two-week presentation will go on sale in most cities beginning on Sunday, September 27th.

Separately, the producers of Michael Jackson THIS IS IT announced that Kenny Ortega has been set to direct the motion picture. The film is being produced with the full support of The Estate of Michael Jackson.

Commenting on the announcement, Ortega, director of and Jackson’s creative partner on the THIS IS IT concert, said, “This film is Michael’s gift to his fans. As we began assembling the footage for the motion picture we realized we captured something extraordinary, unique and very special. It’s a very private, exclusive look into a creative genius’s world. For the first time ever, fans will see Michael as they have never seen him before – this great artist at work. It is raw, emotional, moving and powerful footage that captures his interactions with the THIS IS IT collaborators that he had personally assembled for this once in a lifetime project. This film shows a consummate performer working with and guiding singers, dancers, band members, choreographers, special effects creators and countless other creative members of the team as we all assemble this historic concert. I can think of many words to describe Michael as he rehearses for and creates THIS IS IT– inspirational, dynamic, generous, dedicated, loving and the guiding force—you see him as the true architect and driving force of this project – a true master of his craft, the Entertainer of Entertainers. I’m proud of the many years of friendship and creative association I shared with Michael and I’m happy that people will get a chance to see his spirit and drive in action. THIS IS IT may go down as the greatest concert that no one got a chance to see, but with this film, we get a rare portrait of Michael as he prepares for his final curtain call and what I believe was going to be his master work.”

Michael Jackson THIS IS IT will offer Jackson fans and music lovers worldwide a rare, behind-the-scenes look at the performer as he developed, created and rehearsed for his sold-out concerts that would have taken place beginning this summer in London’s O2 Arena. Chronicling the months from April through June, 2009, the film is drawn from more than one hundred hours of behind-the-scenes footage, featuring Jackson rehearsing a number of his songs for the show. Audiences will be given a privileged and private look at the singer, dancer, filmmaker, architect, and genius as he creates and perfects his final show.

“I have never been partners with a more creative, innovative or groundbreaking entertainer than Michael Jackson,” said Randy Phillips, President & CEO, AEG LIVE and producer of Michael Jackson THIS IS IT. “While the concerts would have been the greatest shows in the history of music, our film will provide a historic event for Michael’s fans to see for themselves the genius that he was and the creativity, talent and imagination that the entire cast devoted to create the ‘greatest concert that never happened’.”

In the coming weeks, additional information about the film will be available at www.michaeljackson.com.
Dubbed the Billion Dollar Maestro by Daily Variety, KENNY ORTEGA has conquered Feature Films, Television, Stage, Concerts and massive Live Events such as The Olympics with equal excellence. As Michael Jackson’s director and creative partner on THIS IS IT as well as the previous Jackson concert tours DANGEROUS and HISTORY, Mr. Ortega has been a friend, trusted colleague and collaborator of Michael Jackson’s for over 20 years.

Kenny will segue from directing the film version of THIS IS IT to directing the Paramount feature film Footloose this fall. The multiple Emmy Award winner famously directed and visualized Disney’s billion-dollar High School Musical franchise of films both for Television and as a Feature Film. Kenny directed the fastest selling concert tour in history, the Hannah Montana / Miley Cyrus “Best of Both Worlds Tour” featuring The Jonas Bros. This tour broke numerous records and extended its sell out tour by more than 20 shows. He also directed to tremendous praise the Opening and Closing Ceremonies for the 2002 Winter Olympic Games in Salt Lake City, Utah.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:43 pm
I wonder why it's going to be released only for two weeks... oh well
Who lives in Hollywood Florida and would like to get their tickets early?
And who wants to go to Thrill The World at the Hard Rock?  

UnKnown Bitter

kendrazombie

8,100 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:14 pm
I highly doubt it will play here and I'll have to travel to Portland or Seattle to see it. That always happens to me. I wish I lived in Florida or Vegas damnit!!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:17 pm
Does anyone think it will show somewhere like at a santa barbara theater? cause i live right next to santa barbara (where neverland is ;])

FrenchLollipop

kendrazombie

8,100 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:21 pm
FrenchLollipop
Does anyone think it will show somewhere like at a santa barbara theater? cause i live right next to santa barbara (where neverland is ;])

Stinker pot!!!

*sticks tongue out at you*

I actually have no idea where it's going to be playing, but if I find out I will let ya'll know.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:22 pm
kendrazombie
FrenchLollipop

Stinker pot!!!

*sticks tongue out at you*

I actually have no idea where it's going to be playing, but if I find out I will let ya'll know.

lol i cant see neverland, its about a half hour away lol =P
ok thank you ;D

FrenchLollipop

OmgItsDee_x

6,950 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:54 pm
When I heard that I was like dammittt.!!!!! Lmaoo, I wonder if it will come out on DVD..  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:51 pm
OmgItsDee_x
When I heard that I was like dammittt.!!!!! Lmaoo, I wonder if it will come out on DVD..

i hope it does >:<  

Vanilla Mushroom

BluJayWay

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:53 pm
II Unknown Kitty II
OmgItsDee_x

Me too!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:07 pm
ChunChe
II Unknown Kitty II
OmgItsDee_x

Me too!

Me three!  

unicorn p00p

4,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100

kendrazombie

8,100 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:15 pm
I don't see why they wouldn't release it on dvd. I would guess there is a 99.9% chance that they will considering all the money they will make.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:19 pm
OmgItsDee_x
i hope so  

Fringie Jester

Hardened Warrior

OmgItsDee_x

6,950 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:23 pm
HouseMDFan25
OmgItsDee_x
i hope so
Me too cause if it's gonna be out for two weeks i'm pretty sure movies are gonna be packed for every movie viewing e.e  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:19 pm
kendrazombie
I highly doubt it will play here and I'll have to travel to Portland or Seattle to see it. That always happens to me. I wish I lived in Florida or Vegas damnit!!

I take it you live in Washington?
Oh and don't wish that >.<
sometimes limited release movies aren't released here
Dee, if we want to see that we'd have to go all the way to Muvico, because I don't want to watch it at Flippers >.<
And they don't show movies of limited release at Flippers
And I bet they will come out with the dvd later
And it's gonna have tons more of rehersal footage =)  

UnKnown Bitter

kendrazombie

8,100 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:33 pm
UnKnown Bitter
kendrazombie

I take it you live in Washington?
Oh and don't wish that >.<
sometimes limited release movies aren't released here
Dee, if we want to see that we'd have to go all the way to Muvico, because I don't want to watch it at Flippers >.<
And they don't show movies of limited release at Flippers
And I bet they will come out with the dvd later
And it's gonna have tons more of rehersal footage =)

Indeed.

45 miles to Portland.
132 miles to Seattle.

We'll probably move to Florida one day. Our friends live in Cape Coral and we definitely want to be somewhere warm.  
In Honor Of Michael Jackson

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff