Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)
Ouiji Boards Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you use ouiji boards?
  yes, all the time
  sometimes, but not too often
  never
View Results

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:07 am
Any experiences, tips, warnings, etc can go in this thread. Feel free to share anything you know.
I myself have never worked with ouiji boards because of something that happened to my aunt. She used one and after that she couldn't get rid of it, no matter how hard she tried. Plus, there was a bad spirit in the house. My mom (somewhat of a psychic [talks to ghosts] it's cool) had to come and get rid of the ghost. After that incident, she researched them a lot and found them to be pretty dangerous.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:27 am
needed post #1  

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:28 am
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:29 am

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:15 am
I'm not much a fan of ouji boards at all. No desire to use one. If the spirirt wanted to contact you, they could find a different way. If your going to use one, though, cast a circle first.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:07 pm
well, when i used one my cousin's house later became haunted. It was after this that I got the following advice.
1) ask the spirit if they are good. (They can't lie)
2) ask if they want to talk.
3) if they do, and are good then there should be no problem.

**if they say no, and/or you are finishing your sessecion than you should always thank them and SAY GOODBYE.
That is very very important!!

Also always be respectful.

But i would just rather stay away from it, but i have other reasons.  

ShadowKit13

Childhood Dreams

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:23 am
I've personally never used an ouiji board before, and I don't really plan to. I heard from someone that if you're not careful, an evil spirit can just stalk you, and you can't get rid of it, no matter how many circles you cast, or purifying, or banishing spells you put up.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:33 pm
Yeah, don't fool around with them. It's like a beacon to the otherside, you don't know what may attach itself to you/your family/your house.  

OrderedEntropy

Childhood Dreams

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:37 am
Exactly. No Ouiji boards for this girl!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:19 pm
ShadowKit13

why can't they lie? if they are "evil/bad" then aren't they gonna lie?

I don't use ouiji cause there are few people that can be trusted to play with. People always runing off scared leaveing the planchette sudenly and posible causeing problems...not to metion pushers, i hate pushers.

When i was 12 or 13 i decided that before i die i am gonna sacrifice a big a** tree and take a slice out of it to make a boad anointed with my blood in each character... my theory is that the board will contact me more easily...i could also make me more prone to any spirits called to it so it would not be actualy used till after my death. Too bad i am so lazy : (  

Maewyn

Crimson Fox Of Tempests

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:46 pm
sorry but i have no love for ouiji boards. down hear at a church my family had gone to for nearly a century , abotu 40 years back soem kids were playing with an ouiji board at teh summer camp held by teh church, the parenst caught them and threw teh board out into the bonfire, needless to say as i have heard it, the board flew out of the bonfire hurled threw teh air went through the lowerlevel window and then lodged itself in a wall. matters were mad worse when they couldnt get it out of teh wall. sp they cut teh section out of teh wall and buried iteh board out in teh feild only to find it back in teh wall not but three days after teh wall was replastered. so tehy removed it for a second time this tiem soaking it in blessed water then burying it with three crosses. Havent seen it since, but i went down in that room wher eteh wall is and touched teh scar on teh wall its sent a high shock of bad feeling through me. the energy lingers there and the church pastor wont allow me to try to cleanse it because i would be doing " magick" which by their doctrine sis evil , so evil canot combat evil.

silly how they are that way. im a good honest christian and i woudl do a christinized( hate that word) cleansing  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:47 am
Personally, I dont' think the ouija board itself is evil in anyway, but what you can pull through it very well could be. SilverMist makes a good point when she says you should always cast a circle first before using the ouija board at all. I'd go a step or two further than that, personally. After casting my circle and before even touching the board or planchette, I'd ask my spirit guides and guardian angels to keep watch over me/us as we were doing the work to make sure that no bad spirits will bother us. THEN I'd start working with the board with a specific entity or person in mind, like my grandfather who's passed over, for example, or one of my spirit guides.

A ouija board is just a tool; it's what you DO with it that matters.

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200

GeistJaeger

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:36 pm
A ouija board, like any other magical tool, is only as powerful as you make it. If you and a group of friends are joking around and there is absolutely no energy in the room and you disbelieve on every level, then the ouija board will just be a piece of Milton Bradley wood/cardboard/whatever.

If, however, you open it up and take it seriously, then all manner of things can happen. There has been alot of anti-ouija board rhetoric on the internet. Mostly because it is one of the few mystical "products" that reach the mainstream.

I've heard all sorts of stories from absolutely nothing happening, to completely outrageous stories about entire families being tortured by demons for hours on end. These stories are usually just fabricated. Remember: To know to will to be silent.

And another thing. Keep in mind when you're looking into the ouija board you are actually looking deep inside yourself. The things you find will be things you probably already know on some level. And if you have nothing to fear from yourself, then you have nothing to fear from the board. But also keep in mind this: You always have something to fear from yourself.

I'm always open to PM if you have any questions.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:59 pm
I argee with GeistJaeger, but if you end up getting haunted or some such do a few banishings, or create a thoughtform with the purpose of keeping your house clear... Setting up defenses never hurts either (psychic shields, circles, etc.).  

Ebon Knowledge

Animeharpy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:47 am
ShadowKit13
well, when i used one my cousin's house later became haunted. It was after this that I got the following advice.
2) ask if they want to talk.
3) if they do, and are good then there should be no problem.

**if they say no, and/or you are finishing your sessecion than you should always thank them and SAY GOODBYE.
That is very very important!!

Also always be respectful.

But i would just rather stay away from it, but i have other reasons.

Erm I hate to kibitz but uhm, Spirits can very much lie. Even the spiritualist movement of the 1800's understood this, not to mention many occultists of all walks and trades. You said you stay away from it and that this is advice that you recieved from someone else. but i would still tell the person who gave you that advice to do some research starting with the spiritualist movement, then some works by magicians who actually practice conjuration instead of basing their opinion just on mediumship or what they feel.  
The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games