Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Next system to come to VC. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SlashFighter1988

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:11 am
User ImageSince many game systems have come to the virtual console since 2006(even arcade games! biggrin ) What do you think the next game system to come to virtual console should be? I think this system should come next.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:17 am
I doubt that would happen. N64 games take up a pretty big chunk of space on the Wii, and Dreamcast games could dwarf them. Personally, in VC space, I want Game Boy games for DSi.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:13 pm
Gamecube.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:44 pm
hmm... Game boy/GBA games on DSi, definatly.

specifically, the Megaman Zero series

also, Snes games... they have already been proven work on DS without modification by running them through a DS emulator on a flash card, so the theory is already there.

specifically, the Megaman/Megaman X games...  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:16 pm
I'm almost positive you couldn't fit one game in the Wii's memory. You might not even be able to fit half of it in there. It would be cool, though. Speaking in terms of ideals, I'd love to see the Saturn added in there. Guardian Heroes!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:15 pm
Maybe the Dreamcast but not really missing much since most of its games were ported to either other consoles or downgraded and put onto handhelds. Though if they did do that the games that had online might get online again, doubt it but you never know(PSO).

Plus it might give me a chance to see how great Jet Set(Grind) Radio was.  

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Allegro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:50 pm
Trenn Flashkill
I'm almost positive you couldn't fit one game in the Wii's memory. You might not even be able to fit half of it in there. It would be cool, though. Speaking in terms of ideals, I'd love to see the Saturn added in there. Guardian Heroes!
There are some pretty damn small DC games that'd be perfect for the VC. I'm thinking of Power Stone, Chu Chu Rocket, Marvel Vs Capcom, Soul Blazer/ Soul Calibur, and even Ikaruga.

Plus, remember that you can (I think?) fit an N64 game on the Wii, and 64 cartridges had much bigger capacities, hence the multiple CD thing a lot of PSX/DC games had to go through. I'm not an expert, but I think it's feasible.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:09 pm
Allegro
Trenn Flashkill
There are some pretty damn small DC games that'd be perfect for the VC. I'm thinking of Power Stone, Chu Chu Rocket, Marvel Vs Capcom, Soul Blazer/ Soul Calibur, and even Ikaruga.

Plus, remember that you can (I think?) fit an N64 game on the Wii, and 64 cartridges had much bigger capacities, hence the multiple CD thing a lot of PSX/DC games had to go through. I'm not an expert, but I think it's feasible.

The largest N64 cartridge could hold 64MB. That's about it, and those cartridges were ultra rare. Most held 8MB-32MB. PS1 games were anywhere from the order of 100MB to 600MB per disc. Dreamcast games were much larger than that. The GD-Rom (Dreamcasts disc format) holds 1.2 gigs of information. That's over twice what the Wii can hold altogether.

Could DC games fit on the Wii? It depends on the game, but I really wouldn't think so. I imagine most games had 600MB+ of information. If they could figure out a way to do it, I'd love it. DC on the Wii would be an explosion of awesome.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

WylrPnufh

4,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:23 pm
Trenn Flashkill
Allegro
Trenn Flashkill

The largest N64 cartridge could hold 64MB. That's about it, and those cartridges were ultra rare. Most held 8MB-32MB. PS1 games were anywhere from the order of 100MB to 600MB per disc. Dreamcast games were much larger than that. The GD-Rom (Dreamcasts disc format) holds 1.2 gigs of information. That's over twice what the Wii can hold altogether.

Could DC games fit on the Wii? It depends on the game, but I really wouldn't think so. I imagine most games had 600MB+ of information. If they could figure out a way to do it, I'd love it. DC on the Wii would be an explosion of awesome.

I'm sorry, I don't speak imaginary  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:51 pm
I think gameboy games will be the next and they will be placed on the Wii.

Why, because it just seems like the thing nintendo would do.  

CherubiMaster

-Hel the Reaper-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:56 pm
Nomega
Gamecube.

That's what I was thinking too... but probably not until the NEXT NEXT Gen. Since GC games still play on the Wii.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:28 pm
Trenn Flashkill
Allegro
Trenn Flashkill

I have been shown who is the boss!  

Allegro

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:34 pm
Allegro
Trenn Flashkill
Allegro
Trenn Flashkill

I have been shown who is the boss!
Trenn ******** exploded. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:56 pm
Meta_Fish
Trenn ******** exploded. xd
cool  

Allegro

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:14 am
CherubiMaster
I think gameboy games will be the next and they will be placed on the Wii.

Why, because it just seems like the thing nintendo would do.

... why the wii?  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces