Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Metroid Prime Trilogy Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:02 pm
its out, and i want to know, who all got it? notice anything different with the old games? i know i do.

morphball is fun again. ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:49 pm
Is there anything new?  

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Mukuchina Kurasu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:55 pm
something I've been wondering, (and hoping for) is about the multiplayer from MP2. did they expand the stages and such to metroid prime 1 and 3? or is it still just MP2 stages and abilities?

I'm thinking nothing probably changed, but i don't know, thats why i'm asking.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:04 pm
Nope, it's just the same old multiplayer.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Mukuchina Kurasu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:09 pm
[Kegan]
Nope, it's just the same old multiplayer.
i see. Well, I'll still probably get it anyway, since my brother is moving away in a few days, taking all his games with him. which includes the entire metroid prime trilogy.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:41 pm
It's a good purchase no matter how you slice it, but if you've never played the Trilogy before, this is seriously the time to try it.  

Waynebrizzle

Rargon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:28 am
How much is the Trilogy?
I have Prime 1 and 2 and I'm want to get 3.
The Multiplayer on Prime 2 was bad-a** though.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:55 am
Rargon
How much is the Trilogy?
I have Prime 1 and 2 and I'm want to get 3.
The Multiplayer on Prime 2 was bad-a** though.

50 dollars. And they have done a lot more with it than simply putting all three games on one disc. If anyone has the time and likes Retro Studios, I'd highly recommend reading this. They improved loading times throughout every game, making doors open quicker, and they also made the framerate even more solid (even for Prime 3). And as I suspected, they added bloom lighting to Prime, but not in an obnoxious Twilight Princess way. It actually looks nice, and is very subtle. They've even tweaked the difficulty in Prime 2, BUT if you liked getting your a** handed to you they say you can play it the old way if you select the "veteran" difficulty.

Like I said, this is pretty much the definitive version of all the games. They retained everything while making it better at the same time. The only downside I can possibly fathom is that the menus from the original games are missing, but the new one is so ridiculously badass that you won't even miss it.

Edit: Who knows, you might even be able to unlock the old menus in the unlockables section thing.  

Waynebrizzle

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:56 am
Eh, I might get it. Probably not seeing as I have other things to buy and I'm short on money. Oh, and my Wii's broken. I'd get it if I didn't have 3 though.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:20 am
Waynebrizzle
They've even tweaked the difficulty in Prime 2, BUT if you liked getting your a** handed to you they say you can play it the old way if you select the "veteran" difficulty.
just Prime 2? aside from a couple tough fights in 2, (Boost gaurdian and final boss) i foundn Prime 1 to be just as hard, maybe even a bit harder. Hm, oh well, it wasn't too hard, so i'm not complianing.  

Mukuchina Kurasu

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:30 am
Bongardo
Waynebrizzle
They've even tweaked the difficulty in Prime 2, BUT if you liked getting your a** handed to you they say you can play it the old way if you select the "veteran" difficulty.
just Prime 2? aside from a couple tough fights in 2, (Boost gaurdian and final boss) i foundn Prime 1 to be just as hard, maybe even a bit harder. Hm, oh well, it wasn't too hard, so i'm not complianing.

I think they did tweak it some. The final boss seemed easier. It was a lot more noticeable in Prime 2 to me though.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:14 pm
I liked the first game, but I prefer constant social interaction in my games. Meaning, contact with living, non-hostile, verbal beings. Even if it's just in cutscenes. I was able to make it through the first game, but couldn't trek through the second, especially since there was two times as much isolated territory in that game. And because of that, I have yet to pick up, or even try the third game. It seems like there is a lot more interaction in that game, though. I was just wondering: Is the interaction in that game constant and throughout the entire game, or just in certain segments?

With that being said, I am totally excited for Metroid: Other M, because it looks very chit chatty.  

King of Paradise

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:35 pm
It saddens me that they made some parts easier. emo
But I'm getting it, just the same. My Corruption disk became, ah, corrupted. And I never owned the first game.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:38 pm
The Labyrinthian
I liked the first game, but I prefer constant social interaction in my games. Meaning, contact with living, non-hostile, verbal beings. Even if it's just in cutscenes. I was able to make it through the first game, but couldn't trek through the second, especially since there was two times as much isolated territory in that game. And because of that, I have yet to pick up, or even try the third game. It seems like there is a lot more interaction in that game, though. I was just wondering: Is the interaction in that game constant and throughout the entire game, or just in certain segments?

With that being said, I am totally excited for Metroid: Other M, because it looks very chit chatty.
There is a lot of talking in the third game. Whenever you are given a goal pretty much, someone is talking to Samus. And there are segments where Samus is right next to people talking. Samus however, never speaks.  

Mukuchina Kurasu

SlashFighter1988

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:52 am
Not really a good buy if you already have at least 2 of the Metroid Prime games already.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff