Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:29 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBKQguR40fc

There you have it.
It's actually impressive.
It's kind of like the Wiimote. But if you actually watch the video and listen, it works in a completely different way. It's kind of like Wii Motion Plus Plus, due to the multiple dimensions.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:01 am
LOL THIS ISN'T NINTENDO

I like how the prototypes look like lightsabers. The tech is definitely more advanced than the Wii Motionplus, it's just a matter of if they get support for it or not.

I've been wondering though, is there an analog stick anywhere on that controller?  

Waynebrizzle

Allegro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:38 am
Waynebrizzle

I've been wondering though, is there an analog stick anywhere on that controller?

God, I hope so, otherwise the only games you can really play with this are EyeToy type games, completely undermining the potential.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:44 am
Allegro
Waynebrizzle

God, I hope so, otherwise the only games you can really play with this are EyeToy type games, completely undermining the potential.

Well when he talked about moving the controller to move the character I got a little concerned. I don't think it would be that hard to release an analog peripheral though, or even just slap a stick on the final controller. Unless there's patent issues with Nintendo or somebody.

Either way, a God of War or MGS game would be awesome with this. Back in the day I'd think of possibilities for Devil May Cry too, but I think I don't like that series anymore.

God of War is just asking for it though. You've got a blade of chaos in each hand. It could be the Metroid Prime 3 of this controller. Speaking of which, I hope Retro's new game is supporting Motionplus.

Kojima was talking about how he wanted a console with the PS3's horsepower and the Wii's controls though, so he's probably going to make a game for this.  

Waynebrizzle

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:50 am
Hey Wayne.

God of War....ON RAILS!
All you gotta do is swing the sticks and Kratos bashes the enemies close to him as he runs through the levels.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:11 am
Sorry gaiz, but every game that uses it, from what I'm guessing, looks like it's going to be an eyetoy game anyway. As the eyetoy tracks the lights on the controllers, and that's used in conjunction with whatever's in the controller.  

Kuzodav

Allegro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:23 am
Kuzodav
Sorry gaiz, but every game that uses it, from what I'm guessing, looks like it's going to be an eyetoy game anyway. As the eyetoy tracks the lights on the controllers, and that's used in conjunction with whatever's in the controller.
So much unrealized potential.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:41 am
Allegro
Kuzodav

then the Wii starts to lose exclusives because of the motion control!
Lawl!  

Kuzodav

Allegro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:45 am
Kuzodav
Allegro
Kuzodav

then the Wii starts to lose exclusives because of the motion control!
Lawl!
If by exclusives you mean "shitty peripheral based shovelware," then that's fine. Hell, this will probably be easier to develop for.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:13 pm
motion control?

more like d***o

DILL

DOUGH

Xilo The Odd

NinShmux

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:03 pm
I like the ball of light.

It's so unnecessary, and makes the design look retarded.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:09 pm
Accelerometers, gyroscopes, and light sensing. What the ******** is it with all of these game companies using that. I WANT A ******** NEURAL IMPLANT. Who needs motion?
Though the more easily recognizable gestures sounds great because stuff on the wii can be kinda frustrating sometimes.

How good this thing is gonna be really lies in the hands of developers. Hardware is nice, but with shitty software it will suck, so they better step it up.  

Owwin

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:19 pm
It looks like a flashlight.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:58 pm
NinShmux

It actually is necessary, so the PSeye can track the controller. It had to be something uncommon so that there would be something to track.  

Kuzodav

NinShmux

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:18 pm
Kuzodav
NinShmux

It actually is necessary, so the PSeye can track the controller. It had to be something uncommon so that there would be something to track.
so if i get some sort of similar light ball, would it think it was a controller?  
Social Room

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff