Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
Taste The Rainbow Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favourite colour?
  Cool colours
  Warm colours
  You spelt favourite wrong
  And colour
  No WAIIIIIIIIIII Canadian spelling?
View Results

Iakun

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:19 pm
Which is easy to do considering it barfed all over me. xd

I'M BITCHIN', GREAT HAIR, THE BOYS ALL LOVE TO STARE!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:40 pm
Wow... so girly-girl I want to hurl... (Shows ya what I think of that type of stuff...) sweatdrop  

NeverMore42_6_6_6

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:32 pm
I think you look absolutely CUTE! It's well put together bro! Though I could never pull off an outfit like that you made it work nice!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:50 pm
Actually it's classified as British spelling, and it's my least "favourite" type. It seems to me that there are too many unnessecary vowels. And I've noticed something in some of the British books I've been reading, such as instead of quoting with a double quote ("Like this") they use a single quote ('Like this'). Strange indeed.  

aamiller321

Iakun

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:56 am
Wow miller that... was a bit a**l xd Canadian spelling's a bit of a mixture. I do remember seeing a site somewhere showing all the differences between american, canadian and british spelling. The single quote thing is right though. The single quotes are used in my Harry Potter books.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:50 am
Wasn't it? Don't get me wrong, Canada is my second favorite country in the world (behind the US of course...) Isn't it odd though that we are all supposedly speaking the same language, and yet there are so many accents with completely different words?  

aamiller321

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:17 am
Yes, too many accents, I have trouble understanding alot of people.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:45 pm
I have no trouble understanding any Canadian or any person from the British Isles. But a southern american accent that's too thick will totally lose me. Sis has a very very very mild sounding southern accent. I thought it was the coolest thing EVAR first time we talked on the phone. xd

Iakun

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:46 pm
*giggles* Seriously I do? You did? Well look at the stuff you learn! *laughs* I don't have much trouble understanding foreign accents except certain ones and if they're like super thick and when you're asking about Egg Rolls and you swear they're talking about Egos and your first thought being, "I don't want no damn waffle!"

*clear throat* Anyway...seriously though English isn't the only one that has several "accents" so does Japanese I know for sure and I'm pretty sure that Chinese does too but I won't swear to that one.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:48 pm
Moonracer
I don't have much trouble understanding foreign accents except certain ones and if they're like super thick and when you're asking about Egg Rolls and you swear they're talking about Egos and your first thought being, "I don't want no damn waffle!"

rofl That was the funniest random ramble I've read in a while. xd Thanks for that.

I'm the only person in my house who doesn't have any trouble understanding accents. I think it's cuz I was obsessed with languages when I was a kid. I loved learning different words and emulating accents. Plus, I've always hung out with the outsiders, so I got a lot more variety among my friends than most kids. xd

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:11 am
Yes, sometimes I can't even understand purple when she's copying an accent.

moonracer: yes, funny waffle  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:31 am
I have an awesome Rusian accent. But yeah, in any large country there is bound to be different dialects and accents. And in a VERY LARGE world there is going to be ways of speaking a language totally different from country to country. And it's all because of slang. Slang is always changing and when people move they bring some of the slang they had before into a certain area and keep it, while the slang where they came from changes again. So if you're in a hotel in Britain, and the concierge asks you if you want him to "knock you up" in the morning, don't punch him in the teeth.

Quote:
I love the southern accent, I think it's cool. Except for if you're in a hurry. I seriously believe that the reason the South lost the Civil War was that thye couldn't communicate fast enough, I can just see it, the Confederate scout coming up the hill "I figer them Yankees is fixin' t'- OW!
~Kathleen Madigan, Comedian  

aamiller321

NeverMore42_6_6_6

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:06 pm
Oh!! I didn't mean to say that it wasn't nice or anything!! I'm just not into that type of stuff... I didn't mean anything bad by it... cry  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:30 am
I knew that. 3nodding  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:05 pm
Quote:
So if you're in a hotel in Britain, and the concierge asks you if you want him to "knock you up" in the morning, don't punch him in the teeth.

LOL, that made me laugh. ^.^  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces