Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
At some point, everyone at work... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

who was there when I started,
  will be gone.
View Results

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:15 pm
Since I started working at the local Goodwill, 7 people have quit, and 10 people have been fired. And one more is going to be fired on Monday. 3 of the fired people (4, if you count the one on Monday) lost their jobs just cuz they got 4 write-ups. Now, in every other company in the U.S., write-ups go away after a period of time. But noooooo. At Goodwill, they stay on your permanent record. So if you work there for 25 years, and you get 3 write-ups, all it takes is one more mistake to get your a** canned. mad And a mistake is as simple as being $3 under OR OVER on your cash drawer! We're losing all our best workers because of this inane policy of theirs. 3 of those 4 people were the best floor staff we had, and 1 of them was one of the nicest ladies I've met on the job. Sales associate is basically a temporary position there cuz you're only human, and you're gonna make mistakes.

I just felt like ranting a bit. It's bad enough that the general manager makes life there difficult for anyone who doesn't play by her rules. 2 of the people who quit left because of problems with her. But it seems like the company is designed to get rid of employees as quickly as possibly, like a giant employee-processing system. xp I work in the warehouse, so I'm less likely to get a lot of write-ups or run afoul of the manager's moods. But I've been working there for less than a year, and I already have one write-up, and I've been called into the office numerous times for perceived infractions.

Right now, there're only 7 people on staff who were there when I started, not counting the manager or the one we're losing on Monday. One of them is the manager's pet xp , and 3 of them are getting dangerously close to being fired themselves, mostly for unfair reasons. I need a different job. xp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:16 am
Everyone in management deserves to be tortured to death !!!
(after first being forced to watch everyone they care about, if any, get killed)

MWAHAHAHAHAHA !!!

No seriously, some of them really deserve it.
(but that's just my opinion)  

xwhateverxdudex

aamiller321

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:12 am
Just a question, but do the Goodwill stores in Wichita have anything against putting toy guns on the shelves? I've heard of it happening elsewhere and whenever I check the Goodwill in Andover or the one in El Dorado they never have Nerf guns. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANYWAY back to the topic.....

They never remove writeups? For a charitable company that's not very charitable... Ahh irony....  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:20 pm
Ummm... <.< >.> <.< >.> I'm lost... I didn't even understand the rant... sweatdrop  

NeverMore42_6_6_6

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:19 pm
Dude: Hey I'm in...er was in management. Does that mean I'm in the same boat as the everyone that is management should be tortured to death?

Purple: Sweetie that manager you have is a pain in the arse and deserves to be drug out into the street and stone along with her pet. However, as it is I know you're looking for another job just hold out something will come I'm sure of it. You'll make it till then and have a better job and then you can flip her the bird on your way out the door. 3nodding 4laugh  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:38 am
Lol, is there something I can explain to you, Never? xd

Miller: Yeah, there is actually a company policy about not selling anything that even resembles a real weapon. That includes fake swords, fake guns, fake thermonuclear weapons. It's dumb, but it's their policy. We're also not allowed to sell bicycle helmets, mattresses, strollers, and some other stuff because of possible recalls. And since last spring, we're not allowed to sell children's and infant clothing with any kind of metal on it. mad That's really annoying.

Thanks, Moon, I've hanging in there. 3nodding Don't take dude too seriously. He goes to extremes in his reactions to things. xp

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:09 pm
Moonracer: Yeah, my extremes are crazy. Never mind me.
Besides, you're cool. You'd never do anything too mean like that would you?

I didn't even know you were management at one point, where'd you work?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:02 pm
purpleravenhawk
Lol, is there something I can explain to you, Never? xd

Miller: Yeah, there is actually a company policy about not selling anything that even resembles a real weapon. That includes fake swords, fake guns, fake thermonuclear weapons. It's dumb, but it's their policy. We're also not allowed to sell bicycle helmets, mattresses, strollers, and some other stuff because of possible recalls. And since last spring, we're not allowed to sell children's and infant clothing with any kind of metal on it. mad That's really annoying.

Never does seem to get lost a lot...

That kind of sucks... I mean I've seen all sorts of NERF stuff in the stores: stocks; vests; flags. But never blasters. Too bad.... I wonder if the salvation army has such a rule.  

aamiller321

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:44 pm
Yeah, It really sucks that they don't carry much that's cool.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:52 pm
Purple: Yes, can you tell me what your rant was about?

Miller: I DO NOT GET LOST!!!! ... ... ... I just get mixed up ideas that hurt my head until someone makes it easier for me... crying

NeverMore42_6_6_6

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:42 am
It's simple...

Everyone there (except purple) sucks, and they deserve whatever hell they receice.

Especially since they fire all the cool people.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:24 pm
Yeah, pretty much what dude said. whee  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

NeverMore42_6_6_6

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:47 pm
See!! I got that!! But unfortunately thats not good... and you can't even do something crazy because it's hard to find a good job afterward... damn that sucks.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:41 pm
That is always a sad truth, that it's twice as hard to get a job if you don't already have one. I don't know why it just is.

Anyway I have some experience with goodwill where I worked in the back in processing if you will. It was from a program in high school where you work some places for free to find out what kind of job market you like or some such like that. Anyway, little known fact: Goodwill does not wash the clothes it recieves, all they do is Febreeze things. That and when in doubt throw it out. Something that was made all the funnier when a friend told me he found a man-thong in there. By the way is anyone else creeped out by the fact that all those suits in there have to be old dead-guy suits? You know, we all know that most of those suits were owned by old guys who have since expired. It's just plain creepy.  

L337 M4573R N!NJ4

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:46 pm
(Hey there dude.
Welcome back to the normal threads ^.^ )

Yeah, that does have a bit of creepyness (and disgustingness) to it.
Though if you consider even the life and death of plants,
we are ALL WEARING DEATH.  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas