Reply Serious Disscusion
Is it honestly right? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Michael Jetfire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:54 pm
Do you all think that it is right for someone to have their love taken away from them by a parent when both sides have done no wrong?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:05 pm
Not at all. It happened to me before and it sucks. majorly. But hey they're parents right? What can you do?  

Lazerwuf

3,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Michael Jetfire

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:02 pm
The reason I posted this is because a friend of mine recently had this happen to him... and he's 19 years old. Even if its not me it happened to, just hearing about it makes me furious...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:47 am
OMG! NO it should be not right what so ever. If no harm is dealt between two leads and no blood spilt all should be quite well. I am sorry to hear that. *Hugs* You will get back on your paws well and soon enough. Again sorry.  

Kashinami-chan

Michael Jetfire

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:16 pm
I told you, this wasnt me, it happened to a friend of mine on Furry4Life.com.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:39 pm
No, that's not right. It hasn't happened to me personally, but hearing about makes me feel angry. But as Beaver said, parents, what can you do?  

Usathane

Lazerwuf

3,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:34 pm
Well if they're 19 they should have the choice to do what they want. unfortunately certain circumstances wont allow that. I'm really sorry to hear that your friend is going through that. I know it's though watching someone go through so much hurt. All I can say is be there for him. I'm sure you are. wink  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:13 pm
Honestly, it depends upon the situation. If you are under the legal age then your parents have every right because you are under their juristidction. I am not condoning their actions but I am just saying the way the law looks at it that way. I depends upon what the situation entailed and why it spelled out the demise of that person's love. What parents ultmatly want for their children at some point or another is to be sure they are doing what's best.  

SheepKittyDerps

Vicious Sweetheart

9,050 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100

k0gent4

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:49 pm
overprotective parents :O  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:52 pm
In my opinion, as far as love is concerned, nobody has the right to tear apart two people who love each other. My parents tried to do that to me over the summer, but I pretty much told them that I would leave if they did it. And as far as the law is concerned, they have the legal right, but all it will end up doing is alienating the people the break apart.  

Mercora2

Nerdy Kitty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:32 pm
My dad did that to me when I was 15. I had a boyfriend who was 18. I guess I set myself up for it because I used to sneak him into my room when my dad was asleep. We never "made love" when I did this but my dad caught me sneaking him in once and that was all it took.. My dad chased him out of the house and he called me saying it was too hard to be together.. It hurt for a while but I got over it smile . I found out that introducing him to my partner before hand was better and going to places and inviting my dad help a lot. But then when I dated a girl he kicked me out.. so if its a gender issue, I dont know how to handle it... Im still having issues but I will be an adult soon and Ill be able to be with whomever I wish.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:26 am
dude that sucks crying and it pisses me the hell off stressed i'd have to use my hatchet if that happened to me twisted
--->(sleeps with hatchet under pillow)  

Iveno

5,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:39 am
Oh my goddess, this drives me crazy! He is 19, you said? He is legally an adult! He doesn NOT have to obey his parents anymore! My fiance was like that. He is 21 now and is FINALLY making his own decisions! The second I turned 18 I got my tongue pierced and did what I wanted. My mom knows she has no control over me anymore... These people need to understand that they are a person, not a puppy!  
Serious Disscusion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff