Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply -
3 Jutsus I'm concerned about Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iZann

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:49 am
Hello my fellow NURians,

I've come to notice that there are two jutsus commonly used that can potentially lead to massive god modding, Doton: Tsuchi Gunjikoudou no Jutsu (Earth Release: Earth Military Movement Technique), Kinjutsu: Hada Shihai (Forbidden Release: Body Control) and Kawarimi no Jutsu (Body Replacement Technique).

For the Military Movement Technique, I know it's the first basic jutsu that all Doton users learn, including my own rpc. The description says "this jutsu allows the user to enter the ground and "swim" in it for a limited time."
This does not specify how long or how deep you can "swim" down, and I've seen quite a few people god mod with this, though I can't remember their names (I was just randomly reading ongoing fights). Now imagine a fight between ninja A and ninja B. Ninja A sends Amaterasu at ninja B. Ninja B dives into the ground using this basic, low level Doton jutsu. Simple way of avoiding certain death and getting fried.

The second jutsu is in the Suiton arsenal, Kinjutsu: Hada Shihai (Forbidden Release: Body Control). The description says "Because of the ability to control and mainpulate water, and because the human body is mostly made of water, this technique can be used. This jutsu allows the user to control the water within a living being's body, thus controling their actions. Becuause the water in a body is not connected to the willpower or strength of a person, this power is dominate and can be broken; however difficult, making this a very deadly justu."
Now the description is a little unclear in the last part. Does it mean the power is dominant and cannot be broken because willpower is not connected to the body, or is the power is not dominant and can be broken by a strong will? As well as that, the jutsu description does not specify whether or not contact with the opponent is needed. If it is not needed, then ninja A can just say "Ok I have you under my control, and I'm going to make you behead yourself" and kill a person without doing anything.

The third and final jutsu is one that EVERYONE in this guild knows, the Kawarimi no Jutsu. As we all know from the manga and anime, the shinobi can be seemingly attacked and killed, then switch themselves for a piece of wood. In the case of the guild however, it has a high potential for god modding as it is an easy way out of any jutsu, just substitute yourself for anything. I'm not saying that we should take out this E ranked jutsu, but maybe limit the number of uses in a fight to...I don't know, one or two?

Just thought I'd bring this up for the crew, as well as the opinions of other people.

Peace,
Zann  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:04 am
WEll for military movement I am not going to comment.. >_> Cuz I am one of main users for it.. xD BUt there is limit to how far you can go, cuz the raths core is made from molten earth, which means youll get friend if you try to go too deep rofl

As for the body control....
Hmmm well it would need somekind of connection to victim wouldnt it?
I mean if it doesnt need contact its just purely goddmoding, especialy if you cant breack free from it. As for breacking free from it. Wouldn't it be kinda like genjutsu? I mean it uses chakra to control the water in your body? So jsut use chakra to disturbe the control or something. Geebus just never fight anyone with that skill Dx

*cough* I should have shup uped >_>  

3Rton

iZann

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:11 am
Yeah but I'm just saying Military Movement is like an easy way out of any attack. Just like Kawarimi no Jutsu. Hang on, that's the 3rd jutsu I'm concerned about...let me put that up.

That would work, probably...problem is it's an S rank jutsu meaning that uber powerful people use it...if they use it against a Genin then...>.<  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:26 am
I have never used Kawarimi no Jutsu because I thought that it was a little godmoddish. S when I becme a jonin And get my own squad, I will never teach my student to Ever use it. Unless they really have to  

Hiro the Herp

Dedicated Zealot

5,550 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

call_me_ishmail1

Dapper Dabbler

6,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:13 am
For the first one, congratulations. You learned that you can dodge high level attacks simply by using a weak one. The second one, you are right. That was mis-worded and nobody ever bothered to change it. You can break it with a strong will. I need to change that eventually.... As for the third, katsuro did that a lot with I think it was either eris or sumi's lower ranked RPC and they got tired of it because he was just switching out of everything. They complained because he was just avoiding every attack and eventually destroyed everything in range to stop it. Of course that doesn't mean you can't out last them. In fact, unless your jutsu count is the same as theirs or less, you can easily keep throwing attacks and things at them and eventually force them to have to actually fight. Or even if you have the same or less numbers, there are still ways.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:35 am
For the first one, as you mentioned, yes I knew that already, and I've seen A LOT of people dodge god knows how strong attacks with that one move. I remember in one fight I was swinging a sword, spitting fireballs and sending tornadoes at one guy...and he just dived into the ground. Not that I could complain cuz he didn't go against the rules, but that just proves that the jutsu can be very god moddish.

As for the second one, if you can break it with a strong will then every single person under the attack will break it ==" How about make it so that someone of a lower rank won't be able to break it, etc? Just a suggestion.

For the third one, well technically the replacement is an E rank so you can kind of do it infinitely...I mean you don't get 40+ moves in one fight, and you can actually keep doing that as long as it's in the jutsu count. Just that people will hate you afterwards...  

iZann

WereWeasels

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:43 am
what if for the substitution jutsu, you have to perform the hand seals before you use it? For instance, The person has to perform the hand seals in one post, and if he is hit in the next post, it becomes activated.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:53 am
Probably that would work, but we'll have to ask the crew first. But at least it's better than using it unlimited times. Personally I think we should limit the number of Kawarimi allowed, to prevent god modding.  

iZann

call_me_ishmail1

Dapper Dabbler

6,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:55 am
There is no god modding with that jutsu. I mean yes, people overuse it sometimes, but there are ways around it. Just because you don't want to have to think to do it doesn't mean it's god modding.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:01 am
He's right. If you just get rid of things for them to replace with, then I'm sure they won't be able to use it. Also I believe there is a certain range or something?  

WereWeasels

iZann

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:04 am
Hey this is not just me...and I'm pretty sure that a lot of people in the guild will agree with me. And are you talking about Military movement or Kawarimi?
In the anime they always produce pieces of wood from nowhere...but I guess it makes sense if you destroy everything. But again, you can always substitute yourself for a piece of rock from the rubble if you're smart enough mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:13 am
well if it's all out of your range, you can't. Also you can only substitute yourself with something about your size. The anime series uses the log as a small joke, just like the carpet roll as well, since it's nowhere around.  

WereWeasels

call_me_ishmail1

Dapper Dabbler

6,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:18 am
Both. There are ways to get at people using military movement, and substitution. It's just that you are too lazy to actually THINK.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:20 am
Military movement shouldnt be trusted if you know Inner decapitation and as for the Kawarimi I have never used it only because I dont think its fair  

Hiro the Herp

Dedicated Zealot

5,550 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

iZann

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:25 am
Excuse me, I'm too lazy to think? If I was lazy I won't have bothered to type up this giant post would I? And I'm not thinking about how I would get around, I'm thinking about the possibilities for god modding. Can you please not get at my back for trying to bring out an opinion in a decent post?  
-

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff