Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)
Ghosts and ghostly happenings Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever had an experience with a ghost?
  Yes
  No
  I'm not sure
View Results

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:23 pm
When someone dies, the accepted theory is that life as they know it ends, but that life itself doesn't stop. It just gets turned into something else. Some spirits remain earth-bound, trapped here or chosing to stay. Others go on to the Afterlife (whatever that may be), sometimes choosing to get in contact with us; through dreams, meditations, moving pictures, turning on or off the radio/tv/heat, etc.

Discuss your personal ghost stories here!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:10 am
Well, I don't particularly have any ghost stories, but my mom has a bunch. I can share one.

When she was a teenager, her uncle died. One day, she was home alone when her radio flipped to his favorite station all by itself!

I have a question, do spirits that might not have had a human body at any point belong in this thread? Because if they do, my mom has a bunch more stories. I'd need like a book to tell you guys all of them, but if I tell one every couple of days I'm sure after a while I could get most of them.  

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

Childhood Dreams

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:03 pm
I'm not quite sure if this is exactly a ghostly encounter or what not, but here goes anyways:

My grandmother on my mum's side died in 2000, and I'm still not reallyover it. Anyway, a couple of years ago, I kept seeing a white swirling fog out of the corner of my eye, but it was always in the same spot; in the corner of the room. Does anyone know what it could be? I haven't seen it since I moved to the States five months ago.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:45 am
I went over to my friends house to hangout. I am pretty aware of my surroundings and felt like i was being watched. like something wanted my attention. It became late, so i decided to stay on there couch. i woke up around 2:30 am to the sound of running comeing from the upstairs. The person ran down the stairs and i noticed no one was there. I thought it was odd and then saw a flicker of a little girl. at the same time i heard some one in the kitchen. (the sounds of the refrigerator opening a closing, and knifes sharpening) i walked into the kitchen and once again no one was there) I am a little freaked out. because it seemed that what ever it was was unhappy. I managed to fall asleep to wake up once again around 5:30am. Through out the night i would wake up feeling like someone was shaking me.
I had sleep poralious when i woke up. Where i saw a little girl at the end of the couch with here face blured.

When i at a time to talk to my friends several of them mentioned there involvment with the little girl and the guy in the black parka. how there are locks on some of the rooms on the outside bloody claw marks in the closet. the closet door wont say on. a friend of mind would has seen it fall off and then roll down the hall towards him and then look away and have it go back to normal.

I have other stories of the house. bascially the little girl is mischievous try to suffcate you in your sleep. pull on your hair while your alone. pinch you. etc. the man is creepy he will just watch you, and pace around

there stuck in this loop of 2:30-5:30. the girl runs down the stairs and the man is already there sharpening knifes. the girl hides in in the family area and the parka man comes in looking.

they had a little boy there in a room who had invisible playmates.

I could never see their faces. And have had things that just want me to stay asleep. I lucid dream alot and can just exit out and wake up if i dont like my dream and just restart another dream. I keep on being kept asleep by faceless beings.

another incounter i have had with these things. was when i was just had it from staying over there. and eventually attempted to ask them what there names where if they had any. and then as the man without a face was staring at me i asked him what he wanted.

and then i got this visualization of me riding my bike at getting hit at this interection by a sports car. I thought that he wanted me dead. So i left in a huff. I decided to ride my bike on the side walk when i noticed someone driving rather slow near me. being paranoid about wake occured earlier i signaled like i was turning. (the car was infront of me) the car signaled like it was turning. this happend on and off. ( i never turned and neither did they.) eventually they turned. and then i noticed the car a block ahead stoped, i petaled past them and they turned on the street that i was on. at this point I was pretty sure that this car was following me. and the stop like went red. (at the interection that i just had a visualaztion form) i petaled forward as fast i could and a couple of blocks from that interection the man rolled down the window and said "girl you got purdy legs." i petaled faster. "HEY, DID YOU HEAR ME?" "yes... "
him Watcha doing tonight? i ignored him.

i followed me for 51 blocks until i lost him creap!  

mechanistic

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Those are some good ghost stories, and yes, stories about deceased animals are welcome in the thread as well. My dog Basil haunted me for a day or two after we had him put down; I could still hear his clawed feet on the hallway floor and could see him out of the corner of my eye. I miss him, but I had to tell him to move on or he'd get 'stuck' here always watching over my family.

Mechanistic: Your friend's house needs a cleansing badly. The spirits who are trapped there need to be freed from their cycle and moved ON. If you want to know more, feel free to pm me, or I can post it in the thread.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:38 am
I have alot of stories..

when i was 12 i believe i was really sick. I had a fever dream about
of this person is robes of black. gliding near me. i was in front of my house as it got right infront of me i woke up.

i really loved my cat at the time. He would often come to me calling him. I called for him. He didn't come. I closed the door. and then heard a cat screaming. Opened it up and then found my cat got ran over from a car.

My cat when i fall asleep would lap near my legs. After he died i would othen fell a cat come up on my bed and lay down near my feet.

Has anyone experienced shadow cats?

or ghost without faces>?  

mechanistic

mechanistic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:17 pm
EladrinStarmist
Those are some good ghost stories, and yes, stories about deceased animals are welcome in the thread as well. My dog Basil haunted me for a day or two after we had him put down; I could still hear his clawed feet on the hallway floor and could see him out of the corner of my eye. I miss him, but I had to tell him to move on or he'd get 'stuck' here always watching over my family.

Mechanistic: Your friend's house needs a cleansing badly. The spirits who are trapped there need to be freed from their cycle and moved ON. If you want to know more, feel free to pm me, or I can post it in the thread.

Did you get my pm?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:45 pm
I've had experiences with ghostly pets; we had to put down our elderly beagle a few years ago and he hung around the house for a few days afterwards to keep an eye on us. I could hear his feet on the hardwood floors when I was alone in the house at night. After a couple of days, I confronted his spirit and let him know that it was ok, we were fine and would be fine and that he could go on without us. I said all of this outloud just after hearing him follow me up the stairs that day, and immediately I felt like I was alone. He's been gone ever since, except for the very rare visit in a dream.

EDIT: Woo, go me! Double posting the same story in the same thread! *facepalm* I so need sleep... redface  

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Niharana

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:40 am
I've had a ghostly stalker come friend over the past few years that, is apparantly, from my past life. It's rather intreresting to talk to him (now that he's past the stalker phase... sweatdrop ), but he doesn't talk to much, mainly just hangs out, makes me feel safe and such.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:29 pm
(I truely need to start posting in this guild more)

I have plenty of stories to tell. I like in houses with ghosts. And at one time me and two of my friends decided it would be a good idea to go "paranormal investigating". I'll slowly start to post in this thread about some of the things I've encountered.

Here's something for now: Once when me and my two friends just decided to go hang out at the park at 1:00 am (they slept over and I had a room with a 2nd door to the outside) we heard wailing from a field half a mile away. We though nothing of it at the time, but we kept on sneeking out and hanging out at the park and kept on hearing the wailing. We ended up thinking it was a banshee, but then got a little worried. From what I remember, hearing a banshee wailing is a sign that someone close to you will die soon (acording to scotish folklore). It never happened so we just though it was a sorrowful ghost.

In the town I lived in at that time, the Applegate trail ran through it(the town wouldn't be there if it wasn't for the Applegate trail) and there was a lot of deaths durring that time, so that there explains the large amount of ghosts there.  

Medical Machinery

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:50 pm
I have a fmily member on my mom's side, his name is Paul F Eno, and he's a professional paranormal investigator. He has some interesting info on ghosts and the like. You can find his site if you search google. He's also an author.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:46 am
One of my dogs, his name was Dragon, anyway after he died I could see him walking around the house(The whole family could, but I saw him the most). but after we got another Alfa male in the house I stooped seeing him, I think that once he was replaced he felt like he could go on. In life he was very protective of everyone, and I think he was the same in death.  

Boredom Incarnate

Kuramasan

Winged Star

21,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Winged 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:32 pm
My ghost experiences are a couple.

There is a cat, a siamese, so I suspect it was my mum's old cat especially because I have mistaked it for my Jewel cat and I have been told they looked exactly alike. The cat, Geisha, died a while back but I have seen this cat serveral times and had gone to pet it thinking it was Jewel but then having it kind of disappear and me feeling stupid. Also there has been a cat that brushes up against my leg and I think it's Jewel but then hey! no cat! wtf? and me bending down and looking like an idiot again. I'm not sure if that's Geisha or Phineus, the other cat who died or another cat that used to live there, I guess 97 years is ample time for cats to have lived here. I like that the cats are here. I don't like that the same windows are here too though.

Another time, I heard what sounded like two old ladies who were talking to each other. I thought it was the TV and was going to go out of my room and turn it off since it woke me up but as soon as I opened the door to my bedroom it stopped.

Then there is someone who sits on me sometimes. I feel this person who I can't see sitting on my legs. They're heavy.

Just the other day, I think it was the same person, kicked me. I was just about to be able to finally drift off to sleep which is really a relief because I can't sleep easily ever. I mean I can dream, but those are almost totaly controlled not the ones from deep sleep where the most random stuff happens. ANyway, I got kicked. My leg gets kicked!
Gahh!
I can't even get back at them by hitting them with a pillow or something!

I can also feel people randomly there from time to time. Like this guy who was standing behind me the other day. Weird tingly type feeling/warm but not really warm but warm. Gah dunno how to describe it.

Need to go take something out of the oven now.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:30 pm
My beloved kittiekins of eight years died earlier this week. That night I couldn't sleep at all, when it felt like something jumped up on the bed and settled down next to my leg. I saw her out of the corner of my eye for a few days, but I think she's moved on now.

Our old house was very haunted. When I slept downstairs I'd hear people walking upstairs when no one was home, and it sounded like something was being dragged across the carpet. One time my family was on vacation except for me and my brother, and he was at school. A friend was visiting and we were sitting in my room when we heard a door slam. We thought it was him and went upstairs to get him in trouble, but his car wasn't even there, let alone him. So we closed all of the doors and went back downstairs and heard all of the doors opening and closing.

Another time I had just gotten home from a date. It was about two in the morning and I was sitting on my bed talking to a friend online when I looked up and saw someone dressed in white standing in my doorway. At the time the rest of my family was in Arizona. I looked down, then back up, and they were gone, but it scared the crap out of me.

I have tons of other stories, most involving my house and some of my friends' houses. I'll post them all eventually.  

psychofirewitch

Fashionable Lover

Baltazaar

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:15 pm
As for ghosts, I am just having a kind of normal relationship with them. they exist, but if they get agressive or harmfull, you have to show them who the boss is.  
The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games