Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Hello Fellow RE Fans! Got a minute? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:11 pm
[EDIT] Yeah since I reposted what I typed here in the Identification thread, I felt like erasing this lol.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:22 pm
Actually there is a thread like that: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=56895&page=58

But yeah, I never did think the title of the thread was clear.

For the record though, most of us here HATE RE4. It botched the storyline of the series. And 5 didn't help either. So I dunno how much at home you're gonna feel here.  

Biohazard EXTREME

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:02 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Actually there is a thread like that: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=56895&page=58

But yeah, I never did think the title of the thread was clear.

For the record though, most of us here HATE RE4. It botched the storyline of the series. And 5 didn't help either. So I dunno how much at home you're gonna feel here.

lol really? well feel free to move this post to that thread...or if you want i could copy and paste and post itno that thread so you can delete this one.

but you guys hate RE 4? I find that ironic becuase every RE fan I talk to seem to love it like I do. The same goes for RE 5. I know people have certain beefs with it, at least as far as Wesker goes, but nothing really else. But I'm always open to other things regarding the series. I have played The first game as the remake for the gamecube, not all the way through, but I know what happens anyway. I have all the cutscenes for most of the other games so I know what goes on as well. I don't see how either RE 4 or 5 screw up the lining of the game series though. *shrugs*  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:06 pm
Well, you'll find plenty of information on that in the "For those who dislike RE4" and "What could ruin Resident Evil" threads that are in this guild, if you ever get curious.
But either way, I'm just letting you know that the general concensus in this guild is: Zombies are awesome. The first three RE games are sacred. And RE4 sucks.
So just be prepared to deal with a lot of that.  

Biohazard EXTREME

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:10 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, you'll find plenty of information on that in the "For those who dislike RE4" and "What could ruin Resident Evil" threads that are in this guild, if you ever get curious.
But either way, I'm just letting you know that the general concensus in this guild is: Zombies are awesome. The first three RE games are sacred. And RE4 sucks.
So just be prepared to deal with a lot of that.

alrighty. well i love the first game remake. third one i didn't really care to play. RE 0 was kinda cool at least from what i gathered wit hthe cutscenes, outbreak i didn't really care for either, but second one, yep that was awesome too. ill look around see if i can find those trheads, in the mean time feel free to delete this thread. i copy and pasted my introduction in the "identification" thread.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:12 pm
Well, I gave up my mod status a while ago, so I kinda can't. But I'm sure someone will eventually today.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:27 pm
Well, I don't hate RE4... but I do hate the storyline. I felt that RE5 did a pretty decent job trying to bring the storyline of the series back to its original themes, but it still wasn't quite the same. As a game, I felt RE4 was more solid than RE5. Though RE4 was a downright horrid Resident Evil game, in my humble opinion.

But anyway, yeah. Most of us here in the guild like the older games with the more "dated" mechanics. And zombies and Umbrella and all that other good stuff that we feel is intrinsic to Resident Evil. I hate the plaga, and pretty much everything else in RE4.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:29 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, I gave up my mod status a while ago, so I kinda can't. But I'm sure someone will eventually today.

well until they do, i finally found a thread where actually you commented on why you thought RE 4 screwed up the series. you're argument against capcom using the las plagas verses the pregenitor virus and screwing up physics...honestly? you've got to be kidding. the game is fictional to begin with. the "physics" of walking dead people? that's not even possible in our world so for it to be realistic is non existent. i mean i have to admit i thought it was kinda stupid that although the las plagas is a parasite that has the same zombie like affects as the progenitor virus does, all the back information you can find in the game in the document sheets makes perfect sense to me.

i mean there's more than one way to take control of the world aside from viruses. there is such things as mutation as well, maybe not as extreme in the RE universe, but such things as tumors...I mean just look at the case of the Elephant Man. his entire body was made of tumors. i find it ironic that you accept what the G and T virus does, but you can't accept a new idea to the series using a parasite that has even bigger mutations? isn't that kind of a contradiction? no virus or parasite could makes someone mutate like what the G and T viruses do either. its all "fictional" so none of it is going to make logical reasoning or sense except for a few scientific explanations that could work partially in the real world.

well thats my take on it anyway. you feel however you feel about the game. i know not every likes the RE 5 and 4 games. but i just find it really surprising. oh well.....  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:45 pm
No, mutations are one thing. When a parasite makes a human turn into the Cave Troll from Lord of the Rings, that's just stupid.
But that's one post. In the threads I mentioned above, I make many posts on many different pages with many many more reasons why I hate RE4, and everything that the series has turned into. Maybe someday when I have a faster computer, I'll take all those posts and combine them into one ginormous one. But at the moment, if you want to fully understand why I hate it, you'll have to dig through many pages of posts.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:54 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
No, mutations are one thing. When a parasite makes a human turn into the Cave Troll from Lord of the Rings, that's just stupid.
But that's one post. In the threads I mentioned above, I make many posts on many different pages with many many more reasons why I hate RE4, and everything that the series has turned into. Maybe someday when I have a faster computer, I'll take all those posts and combine them into one ginormous one. But at the moment, if you want to fully understand why I hate it, you'll have to dig through many pages of posts.

man i hated those cave trolls. i have to agree the trolls were stupid xD and they're annoying as hell to fight. mutations should look just "mutated" so i see what you're getting at there, but that troll looked like a troll haha wtf.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:03 pm
Exactly. Look, the thing is, it's hard for you to understand, because I (and most people here) were in love with Resident Evil BEFORE RE4 came along. Sure, when it's your first game, it's probably gonna remain your favorite. But for me and many others, the idea of what RE was about... A large company who does bioterrorism research and development secretly... That's what it was about, and regardless of what happened to the characters, it all revolved around Umbrella, and that basic concept. The difference between a virus and a parasite is that when you kill a zombie, the virus doesn't come out and try to kill you anyway. The virus is something you can't see, and it's highly infectious. And it was man made. That's what made the idea of T-Virus so scary and compelling.
A parasite that was in the mines... Naturally occuring, grows into a gian bug thing... It's taking the artificial universe into a completely different direction. A much more fantasy like direction. I mean, look at Wesker in RE1. He was cold, calculating, and saw the monetary potential of T-Virus. Money was his power.

But now, he's become that, "I'll take over the world by controlling everyone's minds! Muahahaha!" type villain. And that's just not what Resident Evil, TRUE Resident Evil is about. Along with everything else, it just changed the essence of the series. And there's no getting it back.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:04 pm
Saint, I don't think you could ever fully understand because you would have had to have been there. RE4 was your first RE game. If it hadn't been, and you were a big fan before RE4 came along, then you might see our point of view. But since you haven't, you probably won't.

I can't speak for Bio or anyone else (and I've explained this before more in-depth somewhere around pages 30 - 40 of the "what could ruin Resident Evil" thread), but before RE4, Resident Evil was always about a certain thing; involved the same certain themes, and played a specific certain way. RE4 came along and changed EVERYTHING, from the storyline, right down to the gameplay. It was a dramatic, aprupt, confusing, and non-sensical 180 degree turn in a storyline that the older fans had been following closey. And I loved the way the old games played, and I wish it still played that way.

I'm not taking anything away from RE4. It was great game. It was an innovative game that changed, influenced, and revolutionized the entire industry. But it is a Resident Evil game by title only in my eyes.  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:17 pm
You know, it might've revolutionized shooters, to some extent. But I still insist that it killed the Survival Horror game genre.
Let's hope the new Silent Hill will be able to revive it.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:23 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
You know, it might've revolutionized shooters, to some extent. But I still insist that it killed the Survival Horror game genre.
Let's hope the new Silent Hill will be able to revive it.

Well, you might be right about that. Eh, take the good with the bad? I'm hoping something brings it back. We need something new to come out that willfully "dated".  

Thee Stranger

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:25 pm
Even if RE 4 was my fourth game, I don't consider it my top favorite. I LOVE the "gameplay" of it for the PS2 and I love the story, but I also love the story BEHIND the story. Keep in mind I didn't fully start getting into the series until as of this year. Hence, like I said, I did a bunch of research. But yeah of course I don't have the same experience as anyone else here, but that doesn't mean I "wont" understand that experience or appreciate it any less. That's why I'm here right? I want to know more about the series of how it begun through the views of the fans so I can appreciate the series better if I really want to keep getting into the story line.

Regarding Wesker, yeah I do resent how he went from Mr. "I'm calm, cool, conceded behind the scenes intellect" to "The right to be a gaaaaaaaaaawd." lol. Gives me a laugh every time, but it really is too bad. The only thing I can think of to back up why they had Wesker turn into that is the simple philosophy of:

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely..." or in simpler terms "Unlimited power is apt to corrupt the minds of those who possess it."

Wesker always talks about power and how to defeat power you need MORE power and normally bad guys like him, if they CAN get more power, they're going to seek it no matter what the cost. He already gave up his humanity with the Tryant so when Urobouros came around, you'd think by then with all the injections of weird viruses, er i should say parasites, its going to get to your head eventually.

That's the ONLY excuse I can think of to back up why Capcom finished him off like they did haha. I loved Umbrella Chronicles and how it went behind the scenes with the big man himself. The game play was retarded in my opinion because it reminded me of.....not Left For Dead.....oh yeah House of the Dead, type of gameplay. That's just too.........ugh. But man it filled in a lot of wholes for me. I can't wait till Darkside Chronicles comes out so I can watch my friend play it, and see if Capcom fills in any other wholes.

Regarding viruses and parasites, both such entities have been around since the dawn of man. In general, I always was curious to see what archeologists would uncover considering that viruses and parasites have been around for so long. Yes I agree, the virus side of RE, I mean god Zombies have been around for years in stories, so yeah makes sense to me even though its fictional. But when RE 4 came around, REGARDLESS of it being my first RE game, I thought the introduction to parasites was rather intriguing.

Friend of mine took that one step further in our RE roleplay by introducing the concept of taking a person and putting both one of the viruses AND the Las Plagas into the body and see how both the virus and parasite counteract with each other to gain control of the host. Scientifically there are actions that both viruses and parasites have in common. Both can attack the body and or take over the host by either mutation, control, or killing the host entirely.

Don't get me wrong here. I'm really really not trying to argue that you're wrong. sweatdrop Because you're not, I'm just trying to logically analyze what Capcom is going for. The basis of the Las Plagas actually helps with the concept brought into the 5th game with Uroborous, yet being another parasite.

Aside from all that, reading through threads and hearing your responses, whether I agree with them or not, I actually I do LOVE READING! So please don't be afraid to respond or retort back to me. I want to hear thoughts and know what you guys know and try to understand the experiences you guys have gone through.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff