Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
People blaming music Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OoPeroxidePrincessoO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:04 am
Why do people blame music, tv, video games, ect, for whats wrong with the world? I can't stand it, it keeps me from listening to good bands, watching good movies, and playing fun games. Seriously, some people are just ******** up in the head without the aid of music and TV. What do you think?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:32 am
Yea i agree wtfis up with parents blaming the music nd tv ik what you meen  

liveorsk8

Art Payment

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:26 am
Most of the time it's people that don't want to take responsibility for their actions and just blame something, most people have been made to believe that music, movies and games do wrong, so it's a easy scapegoat.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:50 am
Have you ever noticed the families of kids in jail are the ones saying this "It's not my childs fault that he robbed a store and shot a guy! It's Marylin Manson's fault!" Seriosly.... Wtf? (And I think thats the reason I'm not allowed to listen to Marylin Manson v.v)  

OoPeroxidePrincessoO

Harley91594

Wheezing Lunatic

5,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:06 pm
Yeah, people will be like, "Well my son only shot and/or killed someone and stole a car and raped a chick because he's done that in grand theft auto!" People shouldn't blame video game for their actions, or anything else. if you do something stupid, it's your fault. Don't blame the media.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:20 pm
blaming music for kids ******** up is like trying to say spongebob (while still awesome!) is why they are all hyper  

Frog Apocalypse

6,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100

serjtankian_is_god

5,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:18 pm
But sometimes the reason people do ridiculous things like that is because of video games or music. Just because you know you won't do that doesn't mean your parents don't worry about what would happen if you did.

You should feel lucky that your parents give a s**t about you exclaim  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:32 pm
serjtankian_is_god
But sometimes the reason people do ridiculous things like that is because of video games or music. Just because you know you won't do that doesn't mean your parents don't worry about what would happen if you did.

mine dont give a s**t. i could walk out of my room with a knife in my neck and all they would say is dont drip on the floor  

Frog Apocalypse

6,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100

blood bailey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:39 pm
ppl really shoudent blame music, music is life and i love it, my moms made me give up all most all of my fave bands just cuz of ppl blameing there ******** problems on it,i mean like wtf ppl stare it sucks ppl just need 2 ignore those who blame there problems on games,tv,and music  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:01 pm
Emporer NeoWing
serjtankian_is_god

mine dont give a s**t. i could walk out of my room with a knife in my neck and all they would say is dont drip on the floor

I doubt it, maybe you should try it to prove me wrong.  

serjtankian_is_god

5,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:30 am
I think that sometimes people forget that television and music all comes from people. What you sow is what you reap.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:05 pm
I agree.
Usually its not music, TV shows, and video games.

Their just making up excuses for what THEY done and blaming on other
things.

Such lies our parents and government make.
And their the ones that are suppose to help us...  

xX_showmaster_Xx

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:19 am
For all your anger and you're blaming of parents etc. etc.

Maybe its because its hard for the media and anyone else to accept that someone in this world so mentally unhinged as to slaughter innocents couldn't just be crazy... think about that for a moment, someone at the slightest provocation who could snap could be going to school with you.

Isn't that a terrifying thought?

So to make sense of it, they search for anything, any explanation to help quantify it, be it violent games, films or aggressive music. Because it gives people something to point out, something to make sense out of such senseless acts.

I'm not saying its right or it should happen, all I am saying is try to understand the mentality behind these people before persecuting them.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:10 pm
You guys are all right.. And if you ever study Anthropology, Sociology ad Pshycology, the answers are simple. ANthro is the study of ones culture and sociology is the study of a society. All those things (video games, music, etc), even though we dont want to admit it or dont relize it, all have an impact on our behaviours in society and country. We believe its right (subcoinsciencsly) and sometimes repeat what we hear and see.

Also most people want to blame their mistakes on other things. Its human nature. Everyone blames something else even when it may be their fault.  

ReichenFeels

Interesting Lunatic

The BLAM Guild Mule

3,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:30 pm
that's so stupid. u no, music is one of the ways i get away from the world and all it's crappy problems. it's my refuge. if someone does something stupid that's their fault, so don't blame it on videos, music, etc.  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games