Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Sailormoon... why the heck do people call it childish, when Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tanith_4486

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:19 am
It is not?
many say that sailormoon is childish and I want to put a stop to that nonsense!
Is killing monsters childish? for me, the answer is no.
Is controlling a jewel that can destroy an entire planet childish? Again, no
Is sacrificing your life for your friends a childish act? again, no!
Is seeing people die in front of your eyesa childish thing? no!
Is killing yourself because your lover died a childish thing? I think not....
Is it right to say that sailormoon is childish then? No!

So why in the world is sailormoon childish is beyond me...

I have seen both the manga and anime...

I have seen the dub, chinese and english version... but don't ever call it childish... it is not.
hello, I am new... new to this guild .
Hope you like my viewpoint!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:56 am
The American dub was edited for a young audience (like 8 year olds), so calling it childish really isn't that surprising.... stare  

lightsenshi

Mercuryangel
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:57 am
Yes. Most of the people who watch it in the America region havent' seen past the second season on TV. The rest of the seasons have to be bought to be seen. And they majorly edited it to be sure.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:04 am
yeah the dubbed made it seem like a childrens show *shakes fist at US government*  

ellyfish_

DudeOnSkateboard

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:51 am
Dammit! Sailor Moon is NOT CHILDISH!!
But, I've only seen up to the end of series 5...(sorry, i don't know the names of them or anything)

AND YOU KNOW WHY?! THEY TOOK IT OFF TV BECAUSE IT WAS TOO DUMB FOR A TEENAGERS CHANNEL!!!! scream scream  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:55 am
Sailor Moon IS a children's series though. sweatdrop The story is aimed at very young girls. Yes, the original Japanese series IS quite mature on many points, so labeling it as "childish" is innapropriate I think, but saying it's not a children's show is just plain false. Content that is acceptable in children's shows and comics differs greatly between the US and Japan.

I agree that Sailor Moon is a story that people of all ages can enjoy, and it's fanbase really did spread far. I don't think anyone should be embarrassed by the fact that Sailor Moon's target audience is young girls...I mean Disney movies have a young target audience but are loved worldwide by all ages.  

Toast_Lady

Hotaru230

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:38 am
insane_swordbunny4486
Is killing yourself because your lover died a childish thing? I think not....

i dont think this ever happened in sailormoon nor do i think usagi would do this

keep in mind that this is a magical girls series and they all are viewed as childish by most of the anime community our there.

and basically the DIC dub really screwed sailormoon over in the US  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:47 am
I agree that its not childish. But because of channels like Cartoon Network they leave a lot of things out of it that make it look like a little kids show. I know I know its not childish, but it seems like it because of the way they show it. I find it sad what happens in many episodes. It shows true friendship, pain, happyness, love, and many other things. But I must admit it was aimed for the younger viewers. You must remember in Japan they arent embarrased as easy as Americans. I mean they all take baths togethar. If an American went to Japan and took a bath they would find it so insalting if you even blushed or giggled while doing so.  

MikatoSakato

Tetki

Shirtless Smoker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:54 am
the dub version IS childish! but the uncut undubbed raw japanese for it has alot more to it and makes more sence and is alot less childish. but I guess its just the way you see it that makes it childish or not. 3nodding

now dont get me wrong I still like the Dubbed wink  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:20 am
Tetki
the dub version IS childish! but the uncut undubbed raw japanese for it has alot more to it and makes more sence and is alot less childish. but I guess its just the way you see it that makes it childish or not. 3nodding

Yes I must agree with you. But I would like it alot more undubbed.  

MikatoSakato

Tetki

Shirtless Smoker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:24 am
MikatoSakato
Tetki

yes thats what I was saying Undubbed is better ^^ but the dubbed is still ok to watch if its all you have wink  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:33 am
Tetki
MikatoSakato
Tetki

yes thats what I was saying Undubbed is better ^^ but the dubbed is still ok to watch if its all you have wink

Yes I agree. But sadly I cant watch either. I have no way of getting ahold of them. crying  

MikatoSakato

Tetki

Shirtless Smoker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:39 am
MikatoSakato
Tetki
MikatoSakato
Tetki

Yes I agree. But sadly I cant watch either. I have no way of getting ahold of them. crying

have you tried getting them offline? like downloading them from bittorrent.com? ^^; or buying off ebay?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:47 am
Tetki
MikatoSakato
Tetki
MikatoSakato
Tetki

have you tried getting them offline? like downloading them from bittorrent.com? ^^; or buying off ebay?

I dont trust ebay. And my dad doenst allow me to Download. crying  

MikatoSakato

Tetki

Shirtless Smoker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:57 am
MikatoSakato
Tetki
MikatoSakato
Tetki
MikatoSakato
Tetki

I dont trust ebay. And my dad doenst allow me to Download. crying

damn that sucks sad  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas