Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
Should we do something for Thanksgiving? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should we?
  Yes
  No
View Results

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:44 am
A game or event or something? If so, what?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:42 pm
No.  

aamiller321

Iakun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:26 am
Awzzz... your Canadian cousin (yours truly) had Thanksgiving last month.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:48 am
That's why I'm asking. xd Some people actively dislike Thanksgiving (personally, I dislike most of it myself, but I have my own traditions to make up for it), and some of our members live in parts of the world where they either don't have Thanksgiving at all or celebrate it at a different time than I do here in the US. So I figured I'd hold a vote on it. whee  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:47 pm
How about we celebrate one of these instead...

christma-hanu-kwanza-kah
Christma-hanu-kwan-zolstice
Hallow-easter-ween-entine's day
Chris-Hannakah-Mas-Roma-Kwanza-Don

Or just...
Hallomas (nov.27)

{that covers alot, yes? }  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:14 pm
No.  

aamiller321

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:09 pm
Miller something more then just "no" would be nice like why or a suggestion or something?

Purple: I don't think we should do a Thanksgiving thing like you said some don't celebrate it, I'm not going to be around for it...I don't think, others have already had it or celebrate it at a different time and so on. I think it would be best to skip this holiday.

Dude: How about just "Holiday" I mean that covers all those holidays in one without me going absolutely batty trying to figure out how to say much less how to spell some smashed together multi-holiday? Yes, I can do massive run on sentences thank you for your time. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:34 pm
Moonracer
Miller something more then just "no" would be nice like why or a suggestion or something?

Purple: I don't think we should do a Thanksgiving thing like you said some don't celebrate it, I'm not going to be around for it...I don't think, others have already had it or celebrate it at a different time and so on. I think it would be best to skip this holiday.

Dude: How about just "Holiday" I mean that covers all those holidays in one without me going absolutely batty trying to figure out how to say much less how to spell some smashed together multi-holiday? Yes, I can do massive run on sentences thank you for your time. xd

No.

aamiller321

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:38 am

Hey, if someone cooks me up a nice big juicy turkey in here I'm all down for a thanksgiving party wink

On a serious note though. There seems to be a lot of "No" and I agree with the point of view. There are a lot of people not in the USA who don't celebrate the State's Thanksgiving...and it's not normally a Gaia celebrated holiday either.

I don't see any reason for combining holidays... like Christmas and Halloween. That seems pointless since they are very-very different and we've already celebrated Halloween. However! I do think that having a Christmas/Chanukah/Boxing Day celebration would be a good idea. whee

♥
[ rinioa ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:36 am
Honestly, I'm gonna break the no chain and say a big fat yes. It's not gonna kill anyone to get a little festive. Even if you don't celebrate Thanksgiving, or it's not the right time in your own country, it's still a fun reason for people to have an event or avatar contest or whatever.  

Iakun

aamiller321

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:43 am
Iakun
Honestly, I'm gonna break the no chain and say a big fat yes. It's not gonna kill anyone to get a little festive. Even if you don't celebrate Thanksgiving, or it's not the right time in your own country, it's still a fun reason for people to have an event or avatar contest or whatever.

Negatory.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:12 am
I like your point of view, Iakun. whee Personally, I don't care one way or the other, but I do enjoy events and avi contests and such. Which is why I asked. I think maybe people are still just a little worn out from the Halloween stuff, eh? xd That makes them a little negative towards further celebrations. But we could do something low-key and vague. Like an End of Autumn Avi Contest? You don't have to participate if you don't want to, but it's there for those of us who enjoy it. No reason to go all out with the decorating and games and stuff, tho.

I can't help but notice that, even tho almost everyone has posted and said NO, the poll has mostly YES votes. confused Wtf?

purpleravenhawk
Captain

aamiller321

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:43 am
No.

((And I'm the only one I've seen saying no...))

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:12 pm
A small autumn themed contest it is then.
^.^

MR: I was just being silly anyway. I didn't expect anyone to agree with a mish-mash holiday idea.

But I refuse to simply say "Happy Holidays" ever sence that idiotic group of people a little bit back decided that saying "Merry Christmas" insulted their religion or some crap like that. (oh, they still want to celebrate the day, they just wanted everyone to stop saying christmas)

Rini: agreed - I'm not big on thanksgiving, but if someone invites me to a party, I might go anyway. AND, what's a "boxing day" ?

Iakun: That's the spirit. Any reason for a party.

Miller: The man of not much to say. LOL  

xwhateverxdudex

aamiller321

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:55 pm
xwhateverxdudex

Miller: The man of not much to say. LOL
Right.  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash