Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Darien Perfect or Horrid? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nyx_Nightshade_7656

Mythical Demigod

13,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:58 am
Ok I just wanna say... I HATE DARIEN!!!!!! However I am not uneffected by Serena's love for him. I just think she is an idiot for loving him in the first place. Please tell me what you think about it.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:23 pm
I don't see why you hate Darien. He's a nice boyfriend when they start going out.
But then I don't know how different they made the story in the enlglish dub.  

Nekomimisam

Wheezing Cat

9,875 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

-Senka-of-Darkness-

Firebreathing Otaku

15,500 Points
  • Charged Up 100
  • Team Charger 100
  • Power Converter 150
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:24 pm
i think he hot biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:11 am
SamBob962
I don't see why you hate Darien. He's a nice boyfriend when they start going out.
But then I don't know how different they made the story in the enlglish dub.

He leaves Serena at the drop of a hat in just about every season. And on top of that he is always with some other girl.  

Nyx_Nightshade_7656

Mythical Demigod

13,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Dezte

Fashionable Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:39 am
LOL, he is not. Mamoru only left Usagi during Sailormoon R because he was having dreams that if they got married she'd die, and those were being sent to him by Wiseman to try and break them up and destroy the future.

There's at least one episode per season that deals with Usagi's jealousy when Mamoru is FRIENDS with another woman, but it usually ends up coming through in the end that Mamoru loves Usagi more than anyone else and they all have a generic "ha-ha it's so funny that Usagi was jealous over nothing" moment.

By the way, he's much cooler in the manga--Mamoru has actual powers aside from just throwing roses and giving boring speeches. He even has a Sailor-style attack: "Tuxedo La Smoking Bomber," and his own Sailor Crystal like the other Sailorsenshi.

Don't knock him 'til you do your research! Though I am a big Seiya fan. >.>  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:06 pm
HE IS HOT AND ANYONE WHO DISAGREES CAN GO DIE IN A HOLE FULL OF YOUR OWN FECISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO who thinks he's mean now? HUH??????????????????? heart  

Bunny Tsukino 95

Nyx_Nightshade_7656

Mythical Demigod

13,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:17 pm
Bunny Tsukino 95
HE IS HOT AND ANYONE WHO DISAGREES CAN GO DIE IN A HOLE FULL OF YOUR OWN FECISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO who thinks he's mean now? HUH??????????????????? heart

I still do rolleyes In all honesty he does not treat Serena(Usagi) right. Any way, there are WAY more important things in a guy than just looks you know.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:36 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

============
The art of being wise

heart Darien is probably the average guy (for a superhero anyway). But you also have to think about something: he was by himself for over ten years, since he was an orphan and all.

And what Dezte says is true: he broke up with Serena because he was trying to protect her, then she found out the reason why and they got back together. I also agree with Dezte's thing about the "jealousy", which does occur at least once a season, and if you think about it, Rini is the one who starts it by showing Serena the friend he's with.

And the manga is LOADS better. heart

is the art of knowing what to overlook
============

Venombabe

Timely Muse

14,125 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

shedaisy1_purple

4,250 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:28 pm
How can you hate Darien? He was like the picture perfect guy, that every girl dreams about! How can you hate that?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:05 pm
I AGRRE HE ONLY LEAVES HER B/C OF LUV HE LUVED HER SO MUCH TAT HE DIDNT WANT HER 2 GET HER I THINK IZ A AMAZING PERSON
Dezte
LOL, he is not. Mamoru only left Usagi during Sailormoon R because he was having dreams that if they got married she'd die, and those were being sent to him by Wiseman to try and break them up and destroy the future.

There's at least one episode per season that deals with Usagi's jealousy when Mamoru is FRIENDS with another woman, but it usually ends up coming through in the end that Mamoru loves Usagi more than anyone else and they all have a generic "ha-ha it's so funny that Usagi was jealous over nothing" moment.

By the way, he's much cooler in the manga--Mamoru has actual powers aside from just throwing roses and giving boring speeches. He even has a Sailor-style attack: "Tuxedo La Smoking Bomber," and his own Sailor Crystal like the other Sailorsenshi.

Don't knock him 'til you do your research! Though I am a big Seiya fan. >.>

Imperfect_Elegance

black warrior 01

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:34 pm
i disagree on hatin Darien, he's a rlly nice guy' i mean yea he makes stupid thing but who doesn't, and i agree on the Serena luvin Darien, i mean they were made 4 each other just lyk o the moon kindom  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:35 pm
shedaisy1
How can you hate Darien? He was like the picture perfect guy, that every girl dreams about! How can you hate that?

There is just something that is wrong with perfection, like its fake or something.  

Nyx_Nightshade_7656

Mythical Demigod

13,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Fancy TiaAnna

4,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:42 pm
i think that Darien is a cool guy  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:24 am
Funny thing that everyone gets wrong: Mamoru is not perfect. He makes mistakes too. Maybe a bit too selfless

And you're probably watching the dub too much. You need to watch the other mediums before you pass judgment on a character so harshly.

Another thing: Mamoru is Naoko Takeuchi's Ideal Guy.

She made him that way. Therefor he is. He has all the qualities that she believed was important in her ideal guy.

Basically speaking: Usagi is Naoko's surrogate. If she was Usagi this is how she'd do things. Manga/PGSM speaking of course.

So...really whether you hate/love Mamoru/Darien is kinda...pointless cause. He's a characters. In a story. That's been finished for nearly 20 years.  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Nyx_Nightshade_7656

Mythical Demigod

13,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:24 pm
Perfection is unatainable. He is fake SO not selfless. I have read the manga and watched the Japanese AND English Versions. I STILL hate him.  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff