Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Game Chat, Tips, Tricks and more!
Who is your main in 358/2 Days?+Panel arrangement discussion Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have a main?
Yes (I use only one)
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
Yes (I mostly use one, but dabble with the others)
50%
 50%  [ 9 ]
Yes (I use more than one)
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
No (I use them all evenly)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
*Clicky for gold, you poll whore, you*
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 18

Xashowd

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:03 pm
I don't think there's a thread for this yet, so I'll ask the question. For those of you who own 358/2 Days, which character could be considered your Main in Mission mode. If you use more than one/all of them equally, or simply don't have one, you can state that as well.

As for me, it's undoubtably....XIGBAR!!! His ability to hit enemies from a distance without getting hit himself is very useful. Not that I don't like getting in close, I often use Saix or Larxene just for the heck of it. I've used every character at least a couple of times and Xigbar's my best man.

At this point, I've completed the game 100% (That means all Char. unlocked, All Mission Crown/Challenge Sigil freebies obtained (Including the difficult to obtain Ultima Weapon), and all items Synthesized). So I have nothing to do except hope that I can play Multiplayer Mission Mode with someone else in the near future.

My Panel Arrangement for Xigbar:

Lv.83 (I haven't yet managed to get to Lv.100, but 83 is good)
Double Tap+ (Which is created with the Omega Gear+) + Power Unit x4 & Sight Unit x1
Fire Lv.4 x13
Aero Lv.4 x13
Cure Lv.4 x11
Dodge Roll Lv.3
Block Lv.3 + Round Block
Glide Lv.5
Air Slide Lv.5
Aerial Recovery Lv.1
Haste Lv.3
High Jump Lv.2 + Float (Cause Float is useful, and it's fun)
Auto Life Lv.3
Treasure Magnet Lv.3
Scan & Range Extender
Limit Boost & Final Limit (Of Course)
Ultima Weapon
Backpack+12
Megalixer x4
Master's Circle (Provides 100% resistance to all elements, but damages you every time you miss (Risky Play) and prevents your healing from working at low HP (Perma-Plight. You CAN use Cure and Potions Etc., but they won't heal your HP). Interestingly enough, Xigbar is immune to Risky Play, making him all the more valuable in Multiplayer.)

I think it's a very good Panel Set. You can rate it (If you so desire), or post your own with your main, it's your choice. I believe that I would be a very good asset in any multiplayer mission (Though The Emerald Serenade Missions would be a bit harder).  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:18 pm
My main, I'd say, is Zexion. I totally spam my magic, so he's a good match. But he's just soo weak DX So I dabble with everyone else. When I'm fighting with my friends, I'm always Zexy heart

Zexions D a r k Angel

350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Skeletons On Parade

Rainbow Nerd

12,800 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:52 pm
I use Saix mainly, but Marluxia and Axel are nice too. e.e

I hate Zexion slightly less than I did before the game came out. All because you smack enemies with a book when you play as him. ;D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:09 pm
...Is anyone else going to post here? I put this up so that everyone could discuss who they use the most in 358/2 Days Mission Mode, and also to discuss Panel sets. I was kinda hoping more people would get into this like they do about Pokemon and Movesets and EVs and Etc.  

Xashowd

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200

Shinigami-Gamer

6,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:44 pm
My main is Saix, but I also use Zexion, Axel, and Roxas a bit too.
The only thing I don't like about mission mode is the fact that you do a lot less damage.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:49 pm
i rly dont like saix b cuse he keeps on like saying sh*t about xion and its mean

and i noticed they all have a x in their names and check this out

roxas xion axel demyx
also try to unscramble their names
sora ino alex

im a good unscrambler emo but i cant see names in the rest of them

wink wink wink  

x413x15

Metal Kyuzo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:54 pm
Maluxia, I get a good combo with that dude but Larxene is pretty good too 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:46 am
Luxord and Xaldin are mine.  

KiraAlexxa23

6,300 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100

_El-BeheMoTH_

2,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:31 pm
My best iz Axel - Got it memorized XD  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:00 pm
Alright, there's a little more interest, but don't just name what characters you use if you can help it. Try to post favorite Panel arrangements if you can. If you're not sure how, check out my first post (Which has my panel arrangement for Xigbar) for an idea. Character names are fine, but I'm hoping for something a little more in-depth, like hardcore gamers would do.  

Xashowd

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200

Xashowd

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:44 pm
Man....No other responses? Damn, it seems so lonely in this thread...why do all the threads I come up with get so few responses? It's like the universe hates me or something.....*Breathes in, then out* Well, no use in pouting. I guess the 358/2 Days craze just passed. No more interest. Oh well.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:09 am
I don't want to die slowly, I don't want to decay; I want to be chosen, I want to be made

Alright, time to liven things up in here. I generally use Saix when I'm in mission mode, but I'll use Riku and Axel a lot as well. Those are the top three I'm beast with; I hardly use anyone else (except sometimes Roxas to practice). I haven't 100% on everything yet, just the missions. The challenges are beastly. x_x

The deck I use with Saix is:
Lvl. 74
Weapon: Lunatic (Pandora Gear)
Magic:
5xFire lvl 4
4xFira lvl 4
2xFiraga lvl 5
3xBlizzard lvl 5
1xBlizzaga lvl 3
2xThunder lvl5
4xThundaga lvl 3
5xCura lvl 4
Abilities:
Dodge Roll lvl 1
Dodging Deflect
Dodge Combo
Block lvl 1
Block-Counter
Round Block
Auto-Block
Glide lvl 3
Air Glide lvl 5
Sliding Dash lvl 3
Aerial Recovery lvl 1
Quick Recovery
Aerial Payback
Haste lvl 1
High Jump lvl 3
Critical Boost (from accessory Critical Sun--Def. +10, Crit. % +15, Crit. Bonus +20)
Auto Life lvl 3
Treasure Magnet lvl 3
Limit Boost
Scan
Auto Lock
Range Extender
Final Limit
Backpack +12
3xHigh Potion, High Ether, Elixir, and Panacea

I personally find that it's the best combination of weapon gear and accessory panel for Saix. If you put sight panels on the Pandora's Gear weapon for him, you get 51% critical hits, and 92 for critical bonus, with a strength of 191. His HP isn't bad, either. It's my favorite set to use.

I don't want to die lonely and weary of life; I will not be earth bound, I'm goin' to fly

Katsody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

9,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Team Edward 100

Xashowd

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:46 pm
Yeah, some of the challenges even left me scratching my head on occasions, and I'm a KH Veteran. Mostly the Scorching Sphere Timed Challenge. I had a lot of trouble with that one before figuring out that Blizzara is more versatile than Blizzaga. Trust me, Gliding speed is key in that mission, because if you can't use Blizzard on it before it starts to spin, you are SOL.

I like using Saix too. I've got a personal deck for him that also takes advantage of his Critical skills. Aside from Xigbar's personal Deck, I have a generic one that works well with all of them, one catering to the Mystery Gear, and I duplicated the first file into the second slot to make one for Larxene (her speed is awesome) and a few others. I like using Riku too, mostly with the Pandora Gear for Oblivion instead of the Zero Gear, although that one's good too. The ground combo can easily turn into an aerial combo. I can see you fit a lot of magic on to him. I personally prefer Cure Over Cura because the healing is immediate and at Lv.5 can help increase that effect.

By the way, have you taken on the Dustflier yet? Not just the standard Story Mode version, but the Greater HP Mission Mode version? He's a crazy bugger, I tell you, but it's a fun boss to me. I like a challenge.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:59 pm
I don't want to die slowly, I don't want to decay; I want to be chosen, I want to be made

Yes, I have taken Dustflier on, actually! I thought of him as the Sephiroth of this KH game (completely with Meteor, too! xD). The mission mode version is on crack, though. It's nuts. But I agree, it's a lot of fun in a game that can easily become boring from the repetitiveness. Once you get to the higher levels, there are only so many enemies that actually still pose a challenge, and the Dustflier is one of them.

I'll have to try that with the Cure thing. I usually use Cura because my fighting style tends to be "who needs a defense when they can't get past your offense?", so it's easier for me to cast a Cura when my HP starts getting low, rather than be in the red and just have the instantaneous cure. That way, I can not worry about it for a little bit.

I have to say, I'm not too great with Xigbar. I have trouble adjusting to the whole reload thing (re: my fighting style), how it takes a couple seconds. But Larxene's speed is definitely useful. I don't use her often, but the times I have, I was very pleased. I like the combos with Riku's Soul Eater a little better than the Oblivion ones, although I switch it up from time to time. There are a couple people I've never used, though, like Vexen and Xaldin. I tried Lexaeus, Xemnas, and Luxord once each--Lex was too slow for me, and Xemnas' combos just felt a little weird. Lux wasn't too bad, but he's pretty magic heavy, and I don't use magic all that much.

By the way, is it just me, or does the magic system suck in this game? It's not convenient at all to use spells in the middle of battle, unless it's against a specific opponent, or to cure.

I don't want to die lonely and weary of life; I will not be earth bound, I'm goin' to fly

Katsody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

9,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Team Edward 100

Xashowd

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:51 pm
Lol biggrin .It's true, he's the Sephy of this game, complete with overpowered attacks.

Cura does have its advantages if you can wait for it to work, but I'm more used to powerful healing in an instant (KH and KHII used that). So Cura and Curaga kinda threw me for a small loop when I saw their different effect.

I am a dodging master, and Xigbar's loading time isn't too slow for me, so I can work with him pretty well, plus, he can attack from a fair distance away, so that helps with my hit-and-run tactics. Not to say I can't play offense, I use Saix almost as often as I do Xigbar. His finishers deal major damage if you've got him set up real well (And I can see that you do. biggrin ). I've used all of them at least once. Zexion seem more built for magic, and Vexen is interesting (and can be useful with his faster weapons), but I don't use him much either. Lexaeus can be fun, especially since you can defy gravity with his Limit Break (You can hold it in midair and while charging he sits with his hand on the air like he's on the ground. Defying gravity with him is fun biggrin especially since the finisher breaks in the air like on the ground).

The magic system isn't too bad. The attacks are different (instead of just being a more powerful version of the standard, the -ra and -ga versions often have different efects, like Blizzaga's Mine capabilities, and Aerora's ground swimming (whatever you wanna call it)), so it's a nice touch up. The status effects are interesting too. Makes me wonder if KHIII will have 'em. Adds another level to gameplay.  
Game Chat, Tips, Tricks and more!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff