Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aquabluesky

4,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:19 pm
My friend told me she was playing it today. I miss playing that game. gonk My Gamecube hardly works anymore. A lot of people didn't like Sunshine compared to 64 but I've got nothing against it. It's still fun to play. It's colorful, has pretty music, easy controls... Yet, there's not much worth to collecting all 120 Shine Sprites. I even remember my favorite levels!

heart The Goopy Inferno (Pianta Village)
heart Eely-Mouth's Dentist (Noki Bay)
heart The Sand Bird is Born (Gelato Beach)
heart Mecha-Bowser Appears! (Pinna Park)

That game was adorable. whee A lot of the levels were beautiful. I didn't mind stalling on some of them because it was fun to look around. It's so imaginative. The secret levels were ALWAYS fun... Except The Hotel Lobby's Secret. I never quite enjoyed that one.

This is an amazing glitch. No, it's not the one the only occurs when the town is flooded, but this one is still pretty good.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:26 pm
If its for the video, it should be in the gallery. Just saying

But also saying, I really liked Sunshine. I didn't see it as any worse compared to the other Mario games. I liked Sunshine more than Galaxy.  

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

Aquabluesky

4,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:46 pm
l-Kathulu-l

But also saying, I really liked Sunshine. I didn't see it as any worse compared to the other Mario games. I liked Sunshine more than Galaxy.

Nah, I was just posting the video as extra. The main purpose was just to show off Super Mario Sunshine. 3nodding

I agree. I think Galaxy is overrated. I couldn't believe Nintendo is making a direct sequel to it. I love 64 and Sunshine, but Galaxy makes me almost barf.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:49 pm
Aquabluesky
l-Kathulu-l

Nah, I was just posting the video as extra. The main purpose was just to show off Super Mario Sunshine. 3nodding

I agree. I think Galaxy is overrated. I couldn't believe Nintendo is making a direct sequel to it. I love 64 and Sunshine, but Galaxy makes me almost barf.
I had played Galaxy, and thats it. My brother got it, and I played once or twice, but I never got into it. I also found the camera angles annoying when you flipped or went sideways.  

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

The Awkwardest Turtle

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:09 pm
Aquabluesky

*high five*

Those are my favorites too. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:40 pm
the next mario galaxy better make a reference to "2000 a space oddessy"  

Xilo The Odd

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:43 pm
Galaxy was awesome.
I really enjoyed it, and I didn't like 64 too much.

I only had a problem with the camera at one part.
You just have to give the game a bit more of a chance, and get to bigger planets/galaxies to really appreciate it.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:53 pm
I love SMS It is definatly one of my favorite mario games out there. As for galaxy I did enjoy it but it didnt have the imagination of a super sweet vacation, or the amazing level work they did. Noki bay had to be my favorite level with Pina park coming in second.
(SIde note: I actually hated most of the "secret" levels after the one in Noki bay"  

xGanonxChanx

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:02 pm
xGanonxChanx
I love SMS It is definatly one of my favorite mario games out there. As for galaxy I did enjoy it but it didnt have the imagination of a super sweet vacation, or the amazing level work they did. Noki bay had to be my favorite level with Pina park coming in second.
(SIde note: I actually hated most of the "secret" levels after the one in Noki bay"

Wait.
What?

A 'super sweet vacation' has more imagination than creating several different worlds and galaxies?
Wat.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:05 pm
Kuzodav
xGanonxChanx

Wait.
What?

A 'super sweet vacation' has more imagination than creating several different worlds and galaxies?
Wat.
Well look at the levels in galaxy they all pretty much look like the levels in 64 except for the (garden one) so it was like "ooooh Im traveling to different planets that look like little chunks of the place I just left." At least in Sunshine although the storyline was not as good as galaxy it took you away from the same old mushroom kingdom.  

xGanonxChanx

Aquabluesky

4,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:40 pm
The Awkwardest Turtle
Aquabluesky

*high five*

Gasp! You don't like the Goopy Inferno?
gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:41 pm
Aquabluesky
The Awkwardest Turtle
Aquabluesky

*high five*

Gasp! You don't like the Goopy Inferno?
gonk
BLASPHEMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

xGanonxChanx

Aquabluesky

4,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:42 pm
Kuzodav
Galaxy was awesome.
I really enjoyed it, and I didn't like 64 too much.

I only had a problem with the camera at one part.
You just have to give the game a bit more of a chance, and get to bigger planets/galaxies to really appreciate it.

I've played the whole game with my friend. Sure, it's pretty spacial and I love the music, but it just doesn't have that thing that Sunshine does.

I think the camera angles have been a problem in all Mario platform games.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:50 pm
xGanonxChanx
Kuzodav
xGanonxChanx

Wait.
What?

Wat.
Well look at the levels in galaxy they all pretty much look like the levels in 64 except for the (garden one) so it was like "ooooh Im traveling to different planets that look like little chunks of the place I just left." At least in Sunshine although the storyline was not as good as galaxy it took you away from the same old mushroom kingdom.

I remember one of the planets being shaped like Yoshi's head. That was creative. stare

I really liked the Sunshine levels. They were neat. It was as if you were taking an actual vacation, because those are the kinds of places you would visit if you were going to a tropical area. The planets in Galaxy... Well, I mean, some were neat. I liked the Bee suit, and climbing on the hives. Some had lava, some had water... But to me it looked like chunks of 64 or Sunshine floating in the middle of space. I mean, riding on the manta started from Sunshine (except it was a Blooper.) What I especially hated about Galaxy was the creation of Rosalina. She's so random. I don't want anyone to start bickering at me that she has a story, she's the momma of the Lumas, blah blah... I just don't like her existance. Her design is also very unoriginal. That's Peach with a different haircut and dress on.

Aquabluesky

4,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200

UltaMatt

Questionable Survivor

8,425 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:59 pm
This game is like... $12 now! Maybe cheaper...  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff