Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you get Zombies Ate My Neighbors?
  Yes
  No
  Getting it soon
  Uhhhhhhhhhhhh.........Braaaaaaaiiinnnsssss....
View Results

HellChime

Dapper Noob

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:03 pm
So today I just got the game on the wii shop network, and did it bring back so many memories, it's a have to get game. Did anyone else get the game?

What are your opinions on the game?

What are the goods and bads you like about the game if you played it before?

Tips & Hints
-----------------
1.Save up your ammo, don't just go shooting random monsters unless you have to.

2.Don't try to get every weapon in the game, it's very time wasting and complicated to switch your weapons around to quickly save a victim or kill a monster. gonk

3.Save bazooka ammo for important levels like factories, shortcuts, secrets, and items if you don't have keys.

4.Use your first aid kit when you have 1 health bar left.

5.Snakeoids take from only 4-6 shots from a bazooka to die.

6.If you see a victim in danger of dying, run away from the victim until you are far away and if you hear no scream, you succeeded and try to find a way to save the victim.

7.Some tourist in levels transform into werewolves if you don't save them in time.

8.There is a flamethrower in one of the levels,I'm not sure which one it is, but its the only one and the powerful weapon of all.

9.Every 40,000 points gives you an extra life, if you lost 1 or more victim(s) then you gain 1 victim to save.

10.Werewolves are weakened by forks and knives.(silverware)

11.The last boss (Dr.Tongue) 2nd form is weakened by the squirt gun (who knew)

12.The zombie picnic level there is a skeleton key on the bottom left of the map, it will come in handy.

13.Use mystery potions away from victims and when you have 2-3 life bars left, status of mystery potion are random and include:

A)Pain, lose some HP or death if you have 1 bar left
B)Speed up
C)Full HP recover
D)Turn into a zombie, you attack victims and your partner.
E)Turn into a ghost
F)Turn into a beast

14.Child Toy Demons are weakened to soda bombs.

15.If you want some extra victims or one-ups, use your squirt gun in a zombie only level and squirt away. (Your squirt gun should be the first weapon to have max ammo)((999))

16.Use your Blue Potion(Ghost potion) on water themed levels to save victims faster.(Ghost potion lets you walk on water and gives invincibility for a short time)
*You cant open doors, use weapons or jump on trampolines while in ghost mode*

17.Gaint Ants are weakened to bubble guns.

18.Save Pandora's Box for Gaint Baby boss and Dr.Tongue Boss(Giant spider)

19.Mummies, Zombies, Ants and Fire Imps are the only monsters that can take out a blow up clown fast.

20.Vampires are very weak to Ancient Artifacts, along with almost every monster.

21.If you want to save your bazooka ammo, use a Red potion to break walls, doors or hedges.

22.If you want, try to test your luck and open every trashcan, closet, drawers, sinks, etc, that you can find, items you can get are random from Squirt guns-Skeleton Keys.

23.Jelly Blobs are weakened to Fire Extinguishers and Ice Pops.

Weapons and Items You Should Get
-------------------------------------------------
Weapons:
--------
Squirt Gun
Soda Bomb
Bazooka
Knives and Forks
Fire Extinguisher
Weed Whacker
Bubble Gun
Ancient Artfiact(cross)
--------
Items
--------
Red Potion (Beast Potion)
Mystery Potion
Blue Potion(Ghost Potion)
Pandora's Box(Gold Treasure Chest)
First Aid Kits(duh)
1-Ups(duh)
Clown Blow Ups
Skeleton Keys  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:44 pm
I used to play that game all the time as a kid. I downloaded it recently too. It gets pretty hard later in the game.  

Orphie

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:48 pm
The game is an absolute classic.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:35 pm
I admit, it's low on my list of VC priorities, but I still have it on the Genesis. Actually, there's a somewhat disturbing story behind that one. My uncle borrowed it from his friend, and I somehow ended up borrowing it from my uncle. While I still had the game, my uncle's friend accidentally killed himself and I ended up with the game.

So yeah, probably won't be getting it on the VC anytime soon, but I still have my old copy to play.

Also, I recently noticed this reference to the game in The Curse of Monkey Island.

User Image

It's on the cover of the book at the bottom, next to the open book. Just thought it was funny that I've had that game for a decade and didn't notice the reference until so close to the VC release of Zombies.  

GuruGuru214

Le Chapeau

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:39 pm
is it ash ketchum  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:39 pm
This game is amazing. It is a must have. I remember I could only get to the Mall level, or the Pyramid level as a child. It was a really hard game.  

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

wariodude128

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:59 pm
I remember playing it on Super Nintendo. It was fun, but then I got to a level where there were copies of me being made and I just kind of gave up since I had no idea what to do.
By the way, you're cosplaying player 1 from the game itself. Player 2 is a girl and you can also play co-op I think. So do I get a prize for guessing it right?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:38 pm
Here's a real cosplay of it:

http://hagelt18.deviantart.com/art/Zeke-Zombies-Ate-My-Neighbors-84010379

And here's an avatar cosplay of the other character:

User Image  

GuruGuru214

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:39 am
HellChime
So today I just got the game on the wii shop network, and did it bring back so many memories, it's a have to get game. Did anyone else get the game?

Btw, can anyone guess my cosplay? x3

What are your opinions on the game?

What are the goods and bads you like about the game if you played it before?

You are cosplaying Zeke from Zombie Ate My Neighbors. Yes both of them had a name the girl's name was Julie.

Farthest I got was close to level 37, lost way too many lives and had too many items.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:19 pm
I just beat the game yesterday, its impossible for me to get perfect victims I posted up some tips and hints on the top just in case you didn't know or new to the game. 3nodding  

HellChime

Dapper Noob

HellChime

Dapper Noob

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:55 pm
GuruGuru214
Here's a real cosplay of it:

http://hagelt18.deviantart.com/art/Zeke-Zombies-Ate-My-Neighbors-84010379

And here's an avatar cosplay of the other character:

User Image

haha, I seen that zeke cosplay a couple of days ago, that's really awesome.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:04 pm
GuruGuru214
I admit, it's low on my list of VC priorities, but I still have it on the Genesis. Actually, there's a somewhat disturbing story behind that one. My uncle borrowed it from his friend, and I somehow ended up borrowing it from my uncle. While I still had the game, my uncle's friend accidentally killed himself and I ended up with the game.

So yeah, probably won't be getting it on the VC anytime soon, but I still have my old copy to play.

Also, I recently noticed this reference to the game in The Curse of Monkey Island.

User Image

It's on the cover of the book at the bottom, next to the open book. Just thought it was funny that I've had that game for a decade and didn't notice the reference until so close to the VC release of Zombies.

LOL, wow I never noticed that xD  

HellChime

Dapper Noob

HellChime

Dapper Noob

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:11 pm
Tips and Hints updated  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:52 pm
One of my favorites from childhood. Good times.

I love the soundtrack, and the giant baby is in my top ten favorite bosses list.  

King of Paradise

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces