Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Life Issues
my mom and my music Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

blood bailey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:55 pm
i love my music, but my mom found out i listen 2 hard core stuff and than told me 2 make a playlist and put 1 song from each band i liked on it and listen 2 it with her, she wants me 2 give up my 2 fave bands now, we started 2 scream at each other and she stills wants 2 take my fave things away from me, what should i do (we listend to them togther already and it was murder, she glared at me the whole time)  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:42 pm
i would just let her cool off then talk to her...................................(thats all i got hope it work) cool  

luvdisires

Art Payment

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:45 pm
What two bands are in question?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:40 pm
Moonlight Agony

black veil brides and bring me the horizon  

blood bailey

Art Payment

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:50 pm
baileyf13
Moonlight Agony

Those bands are hardly hardcore.

Solution, listen to really bands far louder and hardcore, that will make those seem not as bad to your mom.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:54 pm
Moonlight Agony
baileyf13
Moonlight Agony

Solution, listen to really bands far louder and hardcore, that will make those seem not as bad to your mom.
i know there not but my mom thinks diffrent so thats why i said that, and i'll try that thanks, wow 2nd time uv helped me, i owe u big time  

blood bailey

KayKayBinks

2,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:57 pm
That must suck.
My parents are cool with what I listen to.
My dad and I listen to I set my friends on fire or bring me the horizon on the way to school. He likes screamo just as much as I do. o_O lol My mom just sorta gave up on me, lol, but we're really close now.
Just try to explain to her that this is what you like and she just has to I guess get used to it, but in a nice way?

-I suck at advice-  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:54 pm
baileyf13
Moonlight Agony

i listen to them too and my mom freaked but she got over it. i know sounds kinda harsh but its just the way it goes sometimes  

iloveedward9

xLiliths Childx

6,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:47 pm
Eh...I dont' listen to them but I heard that they were good. If you want something hard core tho, you listen to Arsonists Get All The Girls or older Atreyu. I'm not trying to criticize just music suggestions.. ^^

Um...I actually don't know how you feel but I kind of do. My mom likes some of the stuff I listen to but she doesn't like all the screamo stuff like BFMV (they're kinda screamo) or All That Remains..but she never once got mad at me....I can't imagine to have your mother criticize you about music that you like.....that must be hard....so...just continue with what you listen to, despite what your mother says. It's not her decision and she can't rule your life.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:52 pm
muffinz_RAWRR
That must suck.
My parents are cool with what I listen to.
My dad and I listen to I set my friends on fire or bring me the horizon on the way to school. He likes screamo just as much as I do. o_O lol My mom just sorta gave up on me, lol, but we're really close now.
Just try to explain to her that this is what you like and she just has to I guess get used to it, but in a nice way?

-I suck at advice-

my mom hates my music. end of story. ;D kaitlin, o how i want to be you.  

smedly_norbert

osozaki girl

Fashionable Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:32 am

I'm kinda siding with your mom.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:15 pm
Coffee Eyes

Acually, I'm against her mom not letting her listen to the music she wants to. Everybody has their own right of listening to the music they like and this is what she likes to listen to. Nobody should criticize that.  

xLiliths Childx

6,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

blood bailey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:47 am
xxxiFrench_Fryxxx
Coffee Eyes

Acually, I'm against her mom not letting her listen to the music she wants to. Everybody has their own right of listening to the music they like and this is what she likes to listen to. Nobody should criticize that.
thanks ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:52 am
Moonlight Agony
baileyf13
Moonlight Agony

or you can keep listening to them, sorry, it isnt that much help, but, it is what i would do  

Im Diggin That Dope

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:22 am
How about rather then b***h and scream at your mother. You just explain its music, you enjoy it, but you also take it all with a pinch of salt, just because a song is about murder, doesn't mean you're going to go out and murder other people just as I'm sure alot of her favourite songs about drugs, she doesn't go out and trip balls every night.

The solution was in how you reacted, unfortunatly you reacted like a spoiled little brat and deserve everything you got.

As for the person suggesting Atreyu if you want hardcore.... LOL is all I can say, get yourself some Hatebreed, Throwdown and Madball if you want proper hardcore, or else stop acting like some kind of half assed poseur.  
Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff