So-So (50-59)
  Bad (40-49)
  Poor (30-39)
  Terrible (20-29)
  Absymal (10-19)
View Results

MarioLuigi1983

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:09 pm
Hello there. In this thread, we'll discuss what we think of the Nintendo Wii. I hope people actually post in my first thread in this cult.

I myself think it's a great system. It has fantastic 1st party support, solid 3rd party support, incresingly better games, not to mention it's unique. It also has the Virtual Console, which add games every week, which I adore. On top of that, I'm one of the few people who actually enjoys the online set-up which is slowly getting better.

Of course it's not perfect. The two things I despise about the Wii is the high amount of shovelware and lackluster mutiplatform ports almost every time. Those reasons and more are why I'm getting a Playstation 3 next year.

If I had to give a score, I would give it an 85/100

What do you think of the Nintendo Wii? You can rate it if you wish.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:15 pm
It's a registered lethal weapon.

'nuff said (LOLOLOLOL FISH REFERENCE)  

MaverickDrifter

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:19 pm
If you've got a small house, it's rather hard to find a place to play it.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:48 pm
The Wii is alive because of its first party support. I don't get what the deal is with the video game industry, but for some reason they don't want to make anything good for it. It's a good thing Nintendo can carry its platforms alone, for the most part, even with the odds stacked against them such as this and biased journalism.

That said, I haven't seen as much creativity utilizing the Wii Remote as I had hoped. There have been some fun things that have come out, but not what I had expected when it was first announced. MotionPlus is a step in the right direction, but I just don't feel that developers have the urge to put any effort into making good games anymore, with a few exceptions.

That said, this is likely Nintendo's best platform to date. It has the most refined incarnations of Nintendo's franchises and is the most user-friendly system ever made. It's opened the door of video games to more people than anything before it (excluding maybe the NES) and made gaming "cool" again.

It's had a steady stream of great first party titles and some decent third party titles, and it's definitely a step up from the GameCube, which didn't do very well at all.

Plus, Virtual Console is a great addition, and WiiWare games are kickass.

GrowingDandelion
If you've got a small house, it's rather hard to find a place to play it.
Depending on the game. A lot of games don't use much motion control, and if they do, it's just simple, small waggle. The only games I can really think of that use more than that are the Wii Sports games.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

DivineDragonTiki

4,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:27 pm
Meta_Fish
That said, I haven't seen as much creativity utilizing the Wii Remote as I had hoped. There have been some fun things that have come out, but not what I had expected when it was first announced. MotionPlus is a step in the right direction, but I just don't feel that developers have the urge to put any effort into making good games anymore, with a few exceptions.
I never had much hope for the Wii Remote, I prefer a normal controller. Still, I love my Wiii. =3  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:31 pm
DivineDragonTiki
Meta_Fish
I never had much hope for the Wii Remote, I prefer a normal controller. Still, I love my Wiii. =3
I prefer the Wiimote, now. It's got most of the same s**t that a "normal" controller has, plus motion control in each hand, and a speaker. I had a lot of hope for stuff it might do in the future, and some stuff that's come out has been really cool.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:53 pm
Meta_Fish
The Wii is alive because of its first party support. I don't get what the deal is with the video game industry, but for some reason they don't want to make anything good for it. It's a good thing Nintendo can carry its platforms alone, for the most part, even with the odds stacked against them such as this and biased journalism.

Don't forget the rare gems that come out on the Wii from third-party companies. MadWorld, The Conduit, and Monster Hunter Tri to name a few.

Don't forget 'expert' game reviewers who think every game that goes to all three systems the Wii's sucks the most. "I don't want to move when playing a video game moving is for homos."

When they actually do like a game for the Wii they will find some way to tear it down no matter what game it is. Brawl case and point was said to have bland background graphics, wow what s**t hole did that come out of?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:47 pm
KyuubiNaruto4
Meta_Fish

Don't forget the rare gems that come out on the Wii from third-party companies. MadWorld, The Conduit, and Monster Hunter Tri to name a few.

Don't forget 'expert' game reviewers who think every game that goes to all three systems the Wii's sucks the most. "I don't want to move when playing a video game moving is for homos."

When they actually do like a game for the Wii they will find some way to tear it down no matter what game it is. Brawl case and point was said to have bland background graphics, wow what s**t hole did that come out of?
TP was blasted at its launch by a reviewer because you had to go up to signs and push the A button to read them. He compared it to Oblivion where you can just look at the sign in first person in read it.

Really?  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:49 pm
Meta_Fish
KyuubiNaruto4
Meta_Fish

TP was blasted at its launch by a reviewer because you had to go up to signs and push the A button to read them. He compared it to Oblivion where you can just look at the sign in first person in read it.

Really?

That's sad.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:51 pm
Meta_Fish
KyuubiNaruto4
Meta_Fish

Really?

What rock was that guy living under, if he thought that such a thing was bad?

That's one of the staple things in a Zelda game, not to mention a few others outside that series.

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:53 pm
TtheHero
Meta_Fish
KyuubiNaruto4
Meta_Fish

Really?

What rock was that guy living under, if he thought that such a thing was bad?

That's one of the staple things in a Zelda game, not to mention a few others outside that series.
It's a "staple" of just about every game except Oblivion. It's just a stupid thing to blast a game for.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:24 pm
KyuubiNaruto4

Haven't some multi-platform games been downgraded in the Wii port due to things like graphics limitations? If it's the exact same game a lower rating makes no sense, but it does if there's a downgrade.

As for the Wii, I like it but I don't get a ton of use out of it. It's probably something I'll love in a few years when I've sunk a ton of money into games and set the game systems up better, but for now real-life limitations are keeping me from enjoying it as much as I probably should.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

L a s t B a s t a r d

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:31 pm
Right now its a "Great". But once Tales of Graces, FFCC Crystal Bearers, and Monster Hunter 3 come out, it'll be an "Excellent"!!!
(Which is like, a 9, right?)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:42 pm
digi734
It's a registered lethal weapon.

'nuff said (LOLOLOLOL FISH REFERENCE)
only if you go to club nintendo. gotta register it there.  

Xilo The Odd

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:56 pm
It's not the best console this gen that's for sure.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff