Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
If only more people realized this... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Henneth Annun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:28 pm
I was reading a webcomic the other day, and this one is about the "Atheist Apocalypse." No, it's not what you think. For one thing, the four horsemen are of Science, Progress, Reason and Equality. Contrasts a bit with the religiously inspired horsemen like Death and War doesn't it?

Here is the comic, it's too large to post here.

My rhetorical question of the day is what do people have against this? *sigh*

Makes me think of "all that could have been" and such.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:48 pm
I think a better question is why Christopher Hitchens is the horseman of equality. That guy's a douchebag who doesn't respect human rights.  

Lethkhar

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:08 pm
Against the horsemen or against the comic?

If it's against the horsemen, then all I have to say is that humanity is still too ignorant to understand all these new scientific terms and formulas.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:27 am
User ImageI love it! Who was the third Horseman? I don't recognize his caricature. User Image

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:09 pm
It's true though, it's basically saying that with christianity destruction will be the end, but atheism is the beginning and will save us all.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:51 pm
i didnt recognize any of the horsemen

i feel so lame emo  

dl1371

Labtech Soosh

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:05 pm
Richard Dawkins~
heart heart heart

I've fawned over that mans ideals ever since I saw him make an idiot out of a certain FOX "opinionated news" programs host.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:02 pm
FYI if anyone's curious, the four horsemen are Richard Dawkins (obviously), Dan Dennett, Sam Harris and Christopher Hitchens.

I totally lol'd at the excessiveness of some of the art. That horse with the writing on it "If then A->B"... omg. rofl  

MiniSiets

dl1371

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:44 pm
Pirate Captain Sushi
Richard Dawkins~
heart heart heart

I've fawned over that mans ideals ever since I saw him make an idiot out of a certain FOX "opinionated news" programs host.

lol me too

nice sig  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:03 pm
Pirate Captain Sushi
Richard Dawkins~
heart heart heart

Bill O'Reilly later claimed victory in that "debate" while he was talking to Kirk Cameron.

Dawkins honestly seemed caught off guard by the level of ignorance he was facing.  

Lethkhar

MiniSiets

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:00 am
Yeah, apparently O'Reilly thinks that he wins when he can get his opponent to answer "I don't know" when in fact that is Dawkins' main selling point.

In all honesty though I don't think Dawkins did a great job during that debate, but it wasn't really because he was wrong about anything; he just isn't equipped to deal with manipulative and dishonest people.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:14 am
MiniSiets
Yeah, apparently O'Reilly thinks that he wins when he can get his opponent to answer "I don't know" when in fact that is Dawkins' main selling point.

In all honesty though I don't think Dawkins did a great job during that debate, but it wasn't really because he was wrong about anything; he just isn't equipped to deal with manipulative and dishonest people.

Yup. 3nodding That's why he refuses to debate creationists, much to the dismay of Ray Comfort.

Speaking of which, Thunderf00t owned that guy. He didn't even really debate him; he just explained the basics behind his opinions and let Ray Comfort look like an idiot. Ray Comfort has no idea what he's talking about.  

Lethkhar

In Search of a Dream

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:28 pm
Lethkhar
MiniSiets

Yup. 3nodding That's why he refuses to debate creationists, much to the dismay of Ray Comfort.

Speaking of which, Thunderf00t owned that guy. He didn't even really debate him; he just explained the basics behind his opinions and let Ray Comfort look like an idiot. Ray Comfort has no idea what he's talking about.

You mean the Banana Guy?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:54 pm
Kyoko364
Lethkhar
MiniSiets

You mean the Banana Guy?

Yes, the banana guy. xd

He wants to debate Charles Dawkins, and has been pressuring him to do it for years now.  

Lethkhar

alteregoivy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:23 am
Lethkhar
I think a better question is why Christopher Hitchens is the horseman of equality. That guy's a douchebag who doesn't respect human rights.

I don't know anything about the guy, so I'm just curious; what do you base that opinion on?

BTW, I linked the comic on my Facebook. rofl  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces