Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Help, tips, and conversations on CoD:MW2. 

Tags: call of duty, modern warfare, cod mw2, xbox, playstation 

Reply The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guild
Weird Stuff in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HeLLFiR3_ViSiOnZz

3,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:24 pm
Smoking Is Not Good For You

Captain McTavish smokes first then carries on with the mission. Just like Captain Price, on level Crew Expendable, CoD4, he smokes then carries on with the mission.
================================================

Same Speech

Remember when Cpl. Dunn says "Since when does Shepherd care about danger close"? well, in level Contigency, Captain Price says the same thing what Cpl Dunn said....O.o pretty confusing...

He Sounds Familiar

Sgt. Simon Riley a.k.a Ghost sounds a lot like Gaz don't ya think?
...If you think they don't sound a lot like each other, then play a mission on CoD4 where Gaz appears then play a mission on CoD: Mw2 where Ghost appears.

Final Words From Shepherd

Remember when Shepherd was saying about that he lost 30,000 men 5 years ago? Well, basically, he's talking about the U.S.M.C on CoD4.

You Saved Me, I Saved You

On CoD4, Crew Expendable when escaping from the ship and jumping to the helicopter, Soap MacTavish gets saved by Captain John Price. This is the same thing on CoD: MW2 Cliffhanger, when Seargant Gary "Roach" Sanderson was about to fall off, Soap quickly holds his hand when one of his Ice Picks lost grip.

I Remember Him!

When I was playing "Team Player" and at the start of the "wiping out the remaining enemies". And when I looked on the right-side of the road (when all the vehicles started driving)... I saw Roycewicz! but he was still a Private...does this mean he survived on CoD4?

Secret From Shepherd

On "No Russian", how did Makarov notice that Alexei Borodin a.k.a PFC. Joseph Allen is American? I think Shepherd told Makarov that... but he hates Makarov so.... AM I JUST DREAMING?!
...oh...i think Shepherd informs to Makarov.

Ouch...That Hurts....

On "Cliffhanger", when about to go to pick up the ACS module, he aggressively killed a soldier. This is like on CoD4, when Captain Price kills the soldier smoking on "Ultimatum".

MacTavish....STOP CHANGING YOUR VOICE OF TUNE!

On "Cliffhanger", he sounds a little bit high pitched than the other TF 141 Missions because if you compare his voice in "Cliffhanger" and "The Hornet's Nest". You'll think ".....WTF?!....

Sniping In The Battlefeild

Did you know that "Contingency" is a little bit like "Vendetta", "Ghillied Up" and "One Shot, One Kill"?
Because on "Contingency", the 1st half of that level is sniping then the 2nd half of it is like, assault. just like "Vendetta", sniping then assault. "Ghillied Up" and "One Shot, One Kill", just the same!

Shepherd Trying To Be Friendly?

Ok, I just made 2 new discoveries on "Endgame" (2nd part=when your objective is JUST to kill Shepherd) 1st One: You are in the multiplayer map "Rust"
and the 2nd:...when i was JUST following Shepherd to the car where he was regenerating or something, i just stood in one place and then, he started speaking these words:

"You know what they say about revenge...you better be ready to dig two graves..."
"Go ahead and end it. It won't change a thing"
"Hmph, I knew you couldn't do it"
"You're a good warrior"
"But you could never take that extra step"
"To do what was absolutely neccesary"  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:17 pm
I did realize that about the smoking. I'm sure it was purposely put into the game for that reason of irony.

And I did notice Ghost sounds like Gaz. I'm not sure if they're the same person or not, but they definitely represent the same role.  

Doug Squared
Captain

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

HeLLFiR3_ViSiOnZz

3,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:23 am
I agree. Gaz was voiced by Craig Fairbrass and maybe so as Ghost since they sound a lot like each other.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:31 pm
It's probably because Gaz was owned on th last level so they had to keep the amazing voice of him alive, thus creating ghost.  

Simon -Ghost- Riley

HeLLFiR3_ViSiOnZz

3,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:27 am
Hmmm.. you can say that again...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:48 am
CoD_Pro4Ever

Captain McTavish smokes first then carries on with the mission. Just like Captain Price, on level Crew Expendable, CoD4, he smokes then carries on with the mission.

Same Speech

Remember when Cpl. Dunn says "Since when does Shepherd care about danger close"? well, in level Contigency, Captain Price says the same thing what Cpl Dunn said....O.o pretty confusing...

He Sounds Familiar

...If you think they don't sound a lot like each other, then play a mission on CoD4 where Gaz appears then play a mission on CoD: Mw2 where Ghost appears.

Remember when Shepherd was saying about that he lost 30,000 men 5 years ago? Well, basically, he's talking about the U.S.M.C on CoD4.

He Saved Me, I Saved You

On CoD4, Crew Expendable when escaping from the ship and jumping to the helicopter, Soap MacTavish gets saved by Captain John Price. This is the same thing on CoD: MW2 Cliffhanger, when Seargant Gary "Roach" Sanderson was about to fall off, Soap quickly holds his hand whenone of his Ice Picks lost grip.

I Remember Him!

When I was playing "Team Player" and at the start of the "wiping out the remaining enemies". And when I looked on the right-side of the road (when all the vehicles started driving)... I saw Roycewicz! but he was still a Private...does this mean he survived on CoD4?

i knew it! my bro said no it wasnt and i said yes it was and i said that sounds really familiar lol awesome forum best one i been too  

iChardae x3

Ocelot913

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:42 pm
How can Shepard say that he lost 30,000 men in the blink of an eye? Shepard is a Army General isnt he? Marines are not Army Rangers. I don't think he just could have just quit the Marine Corps and be promoted to General in 5 years. Someone explain if they can cause ive been thinking about this ever since I beat MW2.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:56 am
xiBangJosiah
CoD_Pro4Ever

Same Speech

He Sounds Familiar

He Saved Me, I Saved You

On CoD4, Crew Expendable when escaping from the ship and jumping to the helicopter, Soap MacTavish gets saved by Captain John Price. This is the same thing on CoD: MW2 Cliffhanger, when Seargant Gary "Roach" Sanderson was about to fall off, Soap quickly holds his hand whenone of his Ice Picks lost grip.

I Remember Him!

i knew it! my bro said no it wasnt and i said yes it was and i said that sounds really familiar lol awesome forum best one i been too

o.O which one?  

HeLLFiR3_ViSiOnZz

3,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

HeLLFiR3_ViSiOnZz

3,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:58 am
ii-DaRk sLaYeR913
How can Shepard say that he lost 30,000 men in the blink of an eye? Shepard is a Army General isnt he? Marines are not Army Rangers. I don't think he just could have just quit the Marine Corps and be promoted to General in 5 years. Someone explain if they can cause ive been thinking about this ever since I beat MW2.

I know...weird....but you got to admit, he's working for the Rangers AND the Task Force 141. I don't know bout' you but I think in CoD4, he worked for the U.S.M.C and the S.A.S but doesn't appear...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:13 pm
CoD_Pro4Ever
ii-DaRk sLaYeR913

I know...weird....but you got to admit, he's working for the Rangers AND the Task Force 141. I don't know bout' you but I think in CoD4, he worked for the U.S.M.C and the S.A.S but doesn't appear...

At first Shepard sounded like a cool character then I thought something was odd and I was right in the mission "Loose Ends" Now I'm glad Shepard is dead (: lol Glad I saw Marines in "The Only Easy Day was Yesterday" Too bad they're not playable which sucks to me. And thanks for helping me out that makes sense that Shepard probably worked the the Marine Corps and S.A.S.  

Ocelot913

HeLLFiR3_ViSiOnZz

3,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:00 pm
ii-DaRk sLaYeR913
CoD_Pro4Ever
ii-DaRk sLaYeR913

At first Shepard sounded like a cool character then I thought something was odd and I was right in the mission "Loose Ends" Now I'm glad Shepard is dead (: lol Glad I saw Marines in "The Only Easy Day was Yesterday" Too bad they're not playable which sucks to me. And thanks for helping me out that makes sense that Shepard probably worked the the Marine Corps and S.A.S.

The "Marines" on "The Only Easy Day...Was Yesterday" might be the Rangers....since nearly ALL the U.S.M.C. Marines died by that nuclear bomb. Shepherd, I think is working with Makarov. Even though he hates him, he still workes with him. I mean...HOW will Makarov know that Allen was an American?!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:54 pm
CoD_Pro4Ever
ii-DaRk sLaYeR913
CoD_Pro4Ever
ii-DaRk sLaYeR913

The "Marines" on "The Only Easy Day...Was Yesterday" might be the Rangers....since nearly ALL the U.S.M.C. Marines died by that nuclear bomb. Shepherd, I think is working with Makarov. Even though he hates him, he still workes with him. I mean...HOW will Makarov know that Allen was an American?!

I think Makarov knew about the plan some how. I have no idea how Makarov knew that Allen was American. And I heard Captain Mactavish say "Marines" And also somthing else on COD4 Ssgt. Griggs was a Marine I know that and when you meet him for the first time (In S.A.S. campaign) I think Marines go out of the Chinnok on that mission. And I think those guys are Shadow Company? Cause I played COD4 and I looked at them and those Marines could be Shadow Company. Idk. I mean they look alike.  

Ocelot913

HeLLFiR3_ViSiOnZz

3,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:39 am
ii-DaRk sLaYeR913
CoD_Pro4Ever
ii-DaRk sLaYeR913
CoD_Pro4Ever
ii-DaRk sLaYeR913

I think Makarov knew about the plan some how. I have no idea how Makarov knew that Allen was American. And I heard Captain Mactavish say "Marines" And also somthing else on COD4 Ssgt. Griggs was a Marine I know that and when you meet him for the first time (In S.A.S. campaign) I think Marines go out of the Chinnok on that mission. And I think those guys are Shadow Company? Cause I played COD4 and I looked at them and those Marines could be Shadow Company. Idk. I mean they look alike.

Oh, THAT mission, that's "Heat", but they do NOT look alike i mean, the U.S.M.C has a LOT of Brown skin-cloured guys instead of white and the Shadow Company has white skin-cloured guys..which are a mix of Americans and Britsh maybe  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:32 pm
CoD_Pro4Ever
ii-DaRk sLaYeR913
CoD_Pro4Ever
ii-DaRk sLaYeR913
CoD_Pro4Ever
ii-DaRk sLaYeR913

Oh, THAT mission, that's "Heat", but they do NOT look alike i mean, the U.S.M.C has a LOT of Brown skin-cloured guys instead of white and the Shadow Company has white skin-cloured guys..which are a mix of Americans and Britsh maybe

I think your right that the U.S.M.C. in COD4 don't have a lot white colored guys. (not to be racist) But it looks like those guys in Heat have the same uniforms JUST like Shadow Company and maybe the uniform changed through out the time period in MW2. That is what I think.  

Ocelot913

The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces