Reply Social Room
Worst Gifts. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Owwin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:12 pm
What are the worst gifts that you have ever gotten, think you are getting this year, can imagine getting in the future, or gifts that just piss you off.

I'll start.

Gift Cards. Why? Why ruin perfectly good cash? It pisses me off to think that somebody would waste their time and go out of their way to put restrictions on money they plan to give you.

I have a perfectly good 20 dollar bill that I want to give to you, OH WAIT HAHA ******** YOU, it only works at Bed bath and beyond or some other stupid ******** place that takes gift cards.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:14 pm
Clothes.

They never fit and they're always something stupid I would never wear anyways.  

Terara Drakon

The Rawk Hawk

Fashionable Nerd

6,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:18 pm
Owwin
What are the worst gifts that you have ever gotten, think you are getting this year, can imagine getting in the future, or gifts that just piss you off.

I'll start.

Gift Cards. Why? Why ruin perfectly good cash? It pisses me off to think that somebody would waste their time and go out of their way to put restrictions on money they plan to give you.

I have a perfectly good 20 dollar bill that I want to give to you, OH WAIT HAHA ******** YOU, it only works at Bed bath and beyond or some other stupid ******** place that takes gift cards.

Well, gift cards are good when people know you well.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:18 pm
I agree with clothes, but I disagree on (most) gift cards. Having them in plastic state generally let's me save them for when I actually go to that store, since if it's just cash there's a good chance I'll spend it on something useless on impulse.

As for my 2 cents: Cologne/Grooming kits. I already have an elec shaver, and I never use Cologne. It makes me rash. Yet every year I get a new bundle, and it just adds to my collection of unopened vials.

Hashire Kazemeijin

Distinct Enabler

Owwin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:20 pm
The Rawk Hawk
Everyone who knows me, knows I hate gifts, and everyone who doesn't know that is dumb enough to get me gift cards, which is an anti gift. It is an insult, as if I am too dumb to know where to spend my money.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:24 pm
Owwin
The Rawk Hawk
Everyone who knows me, knows I hate gifts, and everyone who doesn't know that is dumb enough to get me gift cards, which is an anti gift. It is an insult, as if I am too dumb to know where to spend my money.

rolleyes Okay, if you consider it as "if I am too dumb to know where to spend my money"

For everyone else except Owwin, it shows that people cared about what you like.  

The Rawk Hawk

Fashionable Nerd

6,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200

Harusame Mizukishi

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:25 pm
Sweaters.

Oh God the sweaters.
gonk

Hashire Kazemeijin
I agree with clothes, but I disagree on (most) gift cards. Having them in plastic state generally let's me save them for when I actually go to that store, since if it's just cash there's a good chance I'll spend it on something useless on impulse.

As for my 2 cents: Cologne/Grooming kits. I already have an elec shaver, and I never use Cologne. It makes me rash. Yet every year I get a new bundle, and it just adds to my collection of unopened vials.

Give 'em to me.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:29 pm
The Rawk Hawk
Owwin
The Rawk Hawk

rolleyes Okay, if you consider it as "if I am too dumb to know where to spend my money"

For everyone else except Owwin, it shows that people cared about what you like.
What was the shot for?  

Owwin

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:55 pm
I agree with the gift cards thing, Owwin.
3nodding
People just think cash is too "impersonal".
But I once got $20 from a friend. He should have gotten me a videogame. sad
However, I still like gifts better than cash. Unless its a completely horrible gift.
OH! Once, someone gave me a... doll. gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:56 pm
I'd have to say that clothes would tank as Christmas gifts, too. I already have a sufficient wardrobe to rely on, most notably my Favorite Green Non-Brand Name Shirt.

I can agree with gift cards being a bad choice as well, unless they're for a place I know I'd visit, like Gamestop.

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

The Awkwardest Turtle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:33 pm
People don't like giving cash because it says "Hey, I don't know what you like so here's some money." People give gift cards when they know you like a certain store (i.e. Gamestop) but don't know what exactly you want from there and don't want to ask you because that would give the surprise away.

I would rather get a $10 gift card than a crappy game that cost $10.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:36 pm
Rotten potato on a stick.  

Orphie

SkyPersona

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:16 pm
An old stuffed animal that's somewhat falling apart...unless it has some meaning and was very special to the person giving it to me because if that was the case I would take care of it and fix it up....  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:34 pm
Once my mom got a pair of nailclippers for everyone in the house. It wasn't even a whole grooming kit. Just nail clippers. It was weird... ;>.>  

Hobo Scruffy

Rusti Fire

Aged Humorist

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:38 pm
The Rawk Hawk

Youre missing a verb in that sentence.

But I hate gifts that you already got for your self or that you get multiples of. I received two copies of Fallout 3 for the PC for my bday. Can't sell those to game stop, and was way past walmarts return policy.  
Social Room

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff