Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
My teacher hates me... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FuzzBall 005

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:40 am
And for once its for something I didnt do! Wooooot I did it! I finally got someone to hate me without being a idiot! /Ballons and confetti fall from the sky.

Im taking a class to make up credits I lost back in my freshmen, or is it man?, year and with the holidays rolling around she decided that everyone, all 120 students who show up in her class all day, was christian and had a christmas party all week with jesus's nailed to cross's on the walls and nativity scenes everywhere the eye can see thinking, "yep this be a gewd ider".

Well this friday came and while everyone else was eating her food and drinks, I was working. She came up to me and asked "Dont you want to celebrate the birth of your savior" ...Now this is were anyone who saw the topic about how my mother got PO'ed at me not wanting to celebrate christmas would say I would have been a douche, but in my defense youv'e never been to one of my familys get togethers...hell....on...earth. So I just shake my head and keep working. I was hoping she would just go buuuut... "Dont you believe that jesus died for your sins" and again just shook my head. And thats when she took it even more overboard.Your just a child and dont know any better"...
(blind anger filled rage! FIREBALL FIREBALL FIREBALL!)  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:43 am
Did she let you keep working?  

Lethkhar

Anavis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:03 am
I had a similar situation with teachers in my high school, in that I was barred from leading the school in the pledge of allegiance over the intercom system because I passed over the "under God" passage. Teachers really should know better than to let their personal judgments affect the way they treat students, though, especially in a public school setting (not sure if yours was, though).  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:49 am
Tell her to grow up for her own sake.  

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

D i v i n i t y

Tipsy Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:32 pm
How are things like this possible? I hear some of the craziest stories here on Gaia that I almost want to doubt actually happened o.O I'm not calling you a liar or anyhting, but it just sounds unbelievable. A teacher isn't allowed to preach any religion =/
She can state what her religion is if someone asks, etc. but she can't just say "Jesus died for our sins; so we must celebrate!"
She can't just act as if her religious belief is better than anyone else's religious belief or lack of religious belief... =/
If that happened to me, I'd tell her that she isn't allowed to do that, and that she could be reported... If she was being a b***h then I'd report her a** as much as I'd have to to get the rights that are SUPPOSED to be enforced in school. Unless you go to a private catholic school or something, schools (public ones) are federally funded and should serve a purpose of EDUCATING only and should remain secular. School is a government institution. Has she ever heard of the Establishment Clause?
I would go apeshit crazy if I didn't get the rights that I know I SHOULD have X_x  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:17 pm
D i v i n i t y
How are things like this possible? I hear some of the craziest stories here on Gaia that I almost want to doubt actually happened o.O I'm not calling you a liar or anyhting, but it just sounds unbelievable. A teacher isn't allowed to preach any religion =/
She can state what her religion is if someone asks, etc. but she can't just say "Jesus died for our sins; so we must celebrate!"
She can't just act as if her religious belief is better than anyone else's religious belief or lack of religious belief... =/
If that happened to me, I'd tell her that she isn't allowed to do that, and that she could be reported... If she was being a b***h then I'd report her a** as much as I'd have to to get the rights that are SUPPOSED to be enforced in school. Unless you go to a private catholic school or something, schools (public ones) are federally funded and should serve a purpose of EDUCATING only and should remain secular. School is a government institution. Has she ever heard of the Establishment Clause?
I would go apeshit crazy if I didn't get the rights that I know I SHOULD have X_x

Rockdale County High School in Conyers Ga allowed anti-choice religious groups to come in to lie to the students, and hand out propaganda that was full of religious quotes, as well as medical inaccuracies. Several parents tried to have something done about it, but it failed. sad I assume they are going to keep doing this every year, with the bringing the liars in.  

hikikomorihime

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:37 pm
goescrunch
D i v i n i t y

Rockdale County High School in Conyers Ga allowed anti-choice religious groups to come in to lie to the students, and hand out propaganda that was full of religious quotes, as well as medical inaccuracies. Several parents tried to have something done about it, but it failed. sad I assume they are going to keep doing this every year, with the bringing the liars in.

I admire Gandhi, you know?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:39 pm
I shook with rage when i read that , and i hope your a more understanding person then I because i would have ... gone balistic would describe it.hah.I gave teacher like this as well, he a creationist.Hes the ancient history teacher to.  

Vorn Frost

Lotus_Lakshmi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:24 pm
Absolutely unacceptable (unless you attend a Christian school) I think that you should make an appointment with your favorite guidance counselor or administrator and calmly explain the situation and how it was inappropriate that the teacher was preaching and singling you out for being a non-believer and you would like an apology. If they shrug you off then you should simply tell them that you are going to write up a complaint and send it to the school board.
I had someone (A Catholic) in my world history class that refused to do a project on human origins by evolution. With the help of her parents she got an alternative assignment on the basis that the assignment was against her religious values. School officials where I live (Tampa) do not like being mixed up with religious conflict I am sure yours are the same. Good Luck! smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:20 pm
I agree that this is wrong... but, in so many towns and communities, it is still horribly prevalent. The separation of church and state, let alone church and community, is a theory that never occurs.

Which is why we must continue to speak for ourselves... regardless of whom it makes uncomfortable.

Thank you for not "sucking it up."  

Edible Jennann

BlackAngelDust

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:36 pm
Tell me about it. My next door neighbor always pokes her head out of her door when I am outside and asks in this quavering voice "Are you ready to beg for forgiveness before our Lord now?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:35 pm
She should get her to hate you for her religion, then you can get her fired and then sue her.
I suggest contacting ACLU. They are REALLY good lawyers and they work for free. They only ask for a very tiny cut in the profits.

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:20 pm
Captain_Shinzo
She should get her to hate you for her religion, then you can get her fired and then sue her.
I suggest contacting ACLU. They are REALLY good lawyers and they work for free. They only ask for a very tiny cut in the profits.

The thing about the ACLU is that they rarely even need very good lawyers. They're pretty much always on the right side. One the reasons why I give money to them every year.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:25 pm
Lethkhar
Captain_Shinzo

The thing about the ACLU is that they rarely even need very good lawyers. They're pretty much always on the right side. One the reasons why I give money to them every year.

Yup. I also love how they almost NEVER lose and have won many cases in the Bible Belt. If I was still perusing my want to become a Lawyer, it would be because of them.  

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Le Pere Duchesne

Beloved Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:04 pm
FuzzBall 005
And for once its for something I didnt do! Wooooot I did it! I finally got someone to hate me without being a idiot! /Ballons and confetti fall from the sky.

Im taking a class to make up credits I lost back in my freshmen, or is it man?, year and with the holidays rolling around she decided that everyone, all 120 students who show up in her class all day, was christian and had a christmas party all week with jesus's nailed to cross's on the walls and nativity scenes everywhere the eye can see thinking, "yep this be a gewd ider".

Well this friday came and while everyone else was eating her food and drinks, I was working. She came up to me and asked "Dont you want to celebrate the birth of your savior" ...Now this is were anyone who saw the topic about how my mother got PO'ed at me not wanting to celebrate christmas would say I would have been a douche, but in my defense youv'e never been to one of my familys get togethers...hell....on...earth. So I just shake my head and keep working. I was hoping she would just go buuuut... "Dont you believe that jesus died for your sins" and again just shook my head. And thats when she took it even more overboard.Your just a child and dont know any better"...
(blind anger filled rage! FIREBALL FIREBALL FIREBALL!)

Or, you know, you could have enjoyed the time off and eaten some free food... There is such a thing as 'looking for trouble.' I think you do it.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff