Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Piercings, and style among your parents? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I-No Escape-I

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:33 pm
okay, do your parents freak out about your style, or thought it was ridiculous?

or what did they say when they saw your piercings?

id like to hear some replies [:  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:28 pm
My parents totally freak over my style not that it matters but whatever.
I'd like to get my lip pierced, but my parents are preventing it so I'll just have to wait :/  

Gale the Wizard

Killamanjaro14

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:34 pm
Bleeding x Darkness
I'd like to get my lip pierced, but my parents are preventing it so I'll just have to wait :/

dude are you 18 if not then who cares they cant kick you out just do it anyway im about to do it soon and my parents hate my gauges but i dont care  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:52 pm
Killamanjaro14
Bleeding x Darkness

dude are you 18 if not then who cares they cant kick you out just do it anyway im about to do it soon and my parents hate my gauges but i dont care
Haha true! I was actually just discussing this with a friend of mine that does piercings. ;p  

Gale the Wizard

smedly_norbert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:13 pm
i dress scene. i mix in some darker clothing items (and parents vetoed the hair -_-) but otherwise i'm there.

mom hates it. dad doesn't say anything. now that i have makeup mom restricts that. "no eyeshadow!" "oh, that's too dark." "are you wearing eyeliner?" i have no piercings but am planning on getting them this summer. 2nd hole senior year; tattoo in college. i'll probably get my cartilage and maybe a nose stud later. idk yet. (i'm also 13 btw)

...did i mention i'm christian, and she's a strict christian?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:24 pm
Well, my parents both know I'm gay so the skinny jeans were no suprise to them...or the tight shirts...or the eyeliner...
Haven't seen my dad in a while since I don't want anything more to do with him(Long story, and you're not getting the details), but my mom has seen me since I've gotten my labret, and she thinks it's sexy. Which is a really weird thing for a mom to say. xd

xXxCrimson_ShadowxXx

Gracious Vampire

Julienne Dreams

Beloved Sweetheart

24,850 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:25 pm
My parents think I need more color in my outfits since mostly my outfits only have blue, black, and white. Sometimes they say I dress too much like a goth, when I dress more professional, they say I look like a goth doctor. O.O The only dresses they have gotten me into are short black and gray dresses with black lace or anything that catches my eye. rolleyes

I used to get my ears pierced, but my mom would usually pick pink earrings, when I chose silver or blue. She's strict about clothes, especially since the last time I got shoes, the only ones she said were good were these shoes that are made from recycled materials (I'm not saying that it's bad, I like them in a few ways. But at least they match most of my outfits.) stare

I can't dye my hair, my mom wants me to get my bangs cut shorter, since my bangs are so long... as well as the rest of my hair. I like my hair long... rolleyes stare  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:26 pm
my father dosen't say it but i know for a fact he does hate it! its *sigs* difficult i am the only one in my family who dresses and acts this way!  

tears of doom

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:38 am
@Killamanjaro- Wow. Bro. You must be spoiled as hell if you think they can't boot your a** out. They sure as hell can. Judging by your post, your parents wont. But they can.

@ItachisKittie- The smilies don't validate your point.
In fact they make me want to stop reading your post.

@illegal_actions13- Bro, you're 13. 13. There's 2 ways this will go:
You either learn about the actual music and dig on that and drop this ridiculous style. Or you'll grow up and out of it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:16 pm
...What style?  

Hygencide

oleander19

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:06 pm
well i love body piercings and every time i get a new one they cringe when they see it. the one piercing they absolutely hated was my lip ring and they made me take it out after only having it pierced for 7 hours sad i do however have two two guages and two zero guages (one of each in each ear) and an industrial piercing in each ear. i also have my tongue and belly button. so far i've been threatened to be kicked out but i love my piercings razz  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:26 pm
i have a pierce on my higher part of my left ear.
my dad was bothered at first but eventually hes fine with it.

about my style.
well my family is fine with that too becuz i dont dress too much of anything.
i go for the casual clean look.  

aikoislost

4,800 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

JaredWinterfresh17

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:47 am
I remember my mom told me that my face looked as if it was more skinny than it usually was. I promptly told her that I would then stay off the crack pipe from then on.

I don't actually smoke crack and was using sarcasm. If you thought that I do smoke crack you're retarded.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:22 am
they don't like my style, AT ALL confused
they kept telling me "what happened to the days when you were younger and you wore lots of pink?" burning_eyes
I told them that that was when I was 8...and how I had no voice in the matter to say what I'd like to wear. It wasn't until my 7th grade year that I got so fed up with it that I went to the mall and bought alot of clothing i liked and felt comfortable in with my unused gift cards.....
parents threatened to send me to my grandparetns house (big whoop)
but eventually they got over it.
oh and I TRIED to pierce my lip one time, but it got infected so now I'm just waiting to get it professionally done smile
I have size 4 gauges and and industrial peircing...nothing else so far  

Xxstupid lambxX

CrimsonsDecayingRose

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:58 am
Haha. my mom has more piercings on her than i do. &more tattoos, if i think about it. she's all the time saying how she regrets it and how i should never follow her, et cetera.
I mean, i love the fake tattoos (esp. roses, wings, and symbols!!) and everything, but i don't think i'll get a real one. as for the piercings, i think 2 are enough.
my mom's nothing like me. she's a teacher... &hates me wearing black& everything...
anyway, what is the tpoic again...?
lol, oh, yeah, everybody h8s my style cept for 2friends &my lil sis. 'rents h8 it. my dad hates me. (i know everyone says that, but its honestly true. but u wont believe me, so whatev) hmm...
thts just about it. DX
~Crimson  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games