Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Supernatural and Paranormal Network

Back to Guilds

A guild all about the supernatural and paranormal, allowing for open discussion for believers and sceptics alike. 

Tags: supernatural, paranormal, ghosts, psionics, magic 

Reply Cryptozoology
Chupocabra Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Jagged
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:54 am
The Chupacabra or Chupacabras is a creature said to inhabit parts of the Americas. It is associated particularly with Puerto Rico, where it was first reported, and Mexico. The name, which translates literally from Spanish as "goat-sucker", comes from its reported habit of attacking and drinking the blood of livestock.

Physical descriptions of the creature vary. Sightings began in Puerto Rico in the early 1990s, and have since been reported as far north as the Carolinas and as far south as Chile.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Do you think it is a real creature?

EDIT: Updated pictures  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:23 pm
is that supposed to be a photo of one? scary...
If it's a picture of a chupacabra, where did you get it?

Oh, yes. I think it's real. Supernatural? Not so much. Probably an evolutionary mis-turn that continued to mate.  

ajina

Lord Jagged
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:21 am
I got the picture from wikipedia.
I know that it is not supernaturla. It's heading more in the direction of cryptozoology.
For those that do't know what cryptozoology is, it is the study of animals that are possibly mythical.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:29 am
Aha, I see! *strikes a proffesor-ish pose* I Shee!
*cracks up* smile surprised biggrin lol  

ajina

Lord Jagged
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:11 am
Ajina
Aha, I see! *strikes a proffesor-ish pose* I Shee!
*cracks up* smile surprised biggrin lol

Ah, but if you were a cryptozoologost, you would be trying to see, but you wouldn't. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:03 am
*stares* hm?
I don't get it...  

ajina

A.Laran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:45 pm
That was bad. . .
I think it's real. It's just too unexplainable.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:26 pm
I think its an old wives tail. The locals are overly superstitious to begin with. ^^  

Ciora

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:58 am
Well......personaly, I think that picture is of a fake one. It just looks fake. I do, on the other hand, think that it existes. There was supposidly one that was shot and killed a few towns away me.......and thats up here in Oregon.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:44 pm
Creeeeepy. eek

It's something to wonder about. As long as it doesn't eat me, I'm OK with it existing.  

A.Laran

Beautifully_Rotten

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:45 pm
I have read some things about them, indeed I agree with its not supernatural, but its making a lot of farmers go crazy and people to go scared, also there have been known of them attacking humans.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:56 pm
Like I said, I think that it's real, but as long as it doesn't eat me I'm OK with it. biggrin  

A.Laran

arcticwolf_blue

Dangerous Werewolf

14,700 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:59 pm
I dont think its real. It could be known creature that is mistaken to be a new one that just has an unusual habit. But if it is real, then hopefully I will never have to come into contact with it.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:17 pm
I think it is just a misshapen vampire beast that existed for maybe many of years but they were so few in numbers... also I think some of the south/middle america is how shall I say... over active imagination.  

Mankati

gundam-chan

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:04 pm
Neko_Bast
Well......personaly, I think that picture is of a fake one. It just looks fake. I do, on the other hand, think that it existes. There was supposidly one that was shot and killed a few towns away me.......and thats up here in Oregon.
Yes its fake, there are no real pictures of this beast if you ask me, I belive the could exist, but only as a animal species... (vampire bat crossing with ... i dont know... something else? vamp bats also drink blood.)  
Cryptozoology

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff