Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Allegro

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:09 am
Here's a great starting point for you.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:12 am
Quote:
You can also text donations for Haiti relief from your cell phone. In addition to your donation amount, standard text messaging fees will apply.

Red Cross: Text HAITI to 90999 ($10 donation)
Clinton Foundation: Text HAITI to 20222 ($10 donation)
Yéle Haiti: Text YELE to 501501 ($5 donation)
United Way: Text HAITI to 864833 ($5 donation)
Intl Medical Corps: Text HAITI to 85944 ($10 donation)
World Food Program: Text: FRIENDS to 90999 ($5 donation)
UN Foundation: Text CERF to 90999 ($5 donation)
Compassion Intl: Text DISASTER to 85944 ($10 donation)
Intl Rescue Committee Text: HAITI to 25383 ($5 donation)
The Salvation Army: Text HAITI to 52000 ($10 donation)

From Canada:
Salvation Army in Canada: Text HAITI to 45678 ($5 donation)
Plan Canada: Text HAITI to 30333 ($5 donation)

From the United Kingdom:
Disasters Emergency Committee: Text GIVE to 70077 (£5 Pounds)

From France:
French Red Cross: Text HAITI to 80222 (1 Euro)
I did this yesterday after seeing it in someone's sig in the Haiti forum. It's a great way to chip in if you don't have a CC.

Before you say you can't afford to, think about what $5-10 means to you, and what $5-10 means to them. You CAN skip one fast-food snack, used game, or bargain pair of jeans. They can't exactly skip 3-5 days of water.

Also, if you're Canadian, the government will match every dollar you donate up to $50 mil.

Cabron the Swan

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:38 pm
I think freerice is sending to haiti now. http://freerice.com/index.php

You can do even more stuff there than you used to be able to.

I use it to practice Spanish and the element symbols.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:01 pm
I don't have a cell phone, I don't have a credit card, and I ******** hate everybody.

Seriously though. I gave some cash to my buddy and had him text for me. BUT I DON'T LIKE HELPING! ******** their 3-5 days of water. They did this just to inconvenience me.  

Owwin

Allegro

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:02 pm
Lady Psycho Sexy
Quote:
You can also text donations for Haiti relief from your cell phone. In addition to your donation amount, standard text messaging fees will apply.

Red Cross: Text HAITI to 90999 ($10 donation)
Clinton Foundation: Text HAITI to 20222 ($10 donation)
Yéle Haiti: Text YELE to 501501 ($5 donation)
United Way: Text HAITI to 864833 ($5 donation)
Intl Medical Corps: Text HAITI to 85944 ($10 donation)
World Food Program: Text: FRIENDS to 90999 ($5 donation)
UN Foundation: Text CERF to 90999 ($5 donation)
Compassion Intl: Text DISASTER to 85944 ($10 donation)
Intl Rescue Committee Text: HAITI to 25383 ($5 donation)
The Salvation Army: Text HAITI to 52000 ($10 donation)

From Canada:
Salvation Army in Canada: Text HAITI to 45678 ($5 donation)
Plan Canada: Text HAITI to 30333 ($5 donation)

From the United Kingdom:
Disasters Emergency Committee: Text GIVE to 70077 (£5 Pounds)

From France:
French Red Cross: Text HAITI to 80222 (1 Euro)
I did this yesterday after seeing it in someone's sig in the Haiti forum. It's a great way to chip in if you don't have a CC.

Before you say you can't afford to, think about what $5-10 means to you, and what $5-10 means to them. You CAN skip one fast-food snack, used game, or bargain pair of jeans. They can't exactly skip 3-5 days of water.

Also, if you're Canadian, the government will match every dollar you donate up to $50 mil.

I was gonna mention this, just did it earlier today. (although the Red Cross donation is only 9 dollars, for the record.)

And the money will be donated immediately, but will show up on your next phone bill as an additional cost.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:44 pm
Tell me when Australians can donate.  

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Vaettur

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:57 pm
Awesome Tree
I'm pretty sure there's some charity group out there in Australia where you can deposit money for Haiti.

Call me heartless or whatsoever, i'm not gonna give anything, except my good luck wishes. I never do charities and this one doesn't make an exeption.
I hope they'll be fine though, looks horrible from what i've seen from the news.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:16 pm
Vaettur
Awesome Tree
I'm pretty sure there's some charity group out there in Australia where you can deposit money for Haiti.
All of those need credit cards which I don't own.  

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Thanatoast Crunch

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:24 pm
This texting thing is a great idea. I just donated 10$ to the Canadian Salvation Army yesterday. I'm not usually one to donate, but this is just really heartbreaking. I kinda wish I knew what they were gonna do with my money, though. Hopefully, it'll actually help people in Haiti.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:37 pm
I'm already inclined to donate, if only because I've seen the human impact from disasters like this before, but Haiti already needs all the help it can get, regardless of this disaster.  

Allegro

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:28 pm
I'm a 16 year old kid and I donated. If I can donate with my money, I'm sure others can.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:05 am
Vaettur
Awesome Tree

Call me heartless or whatsoever, i'm not gonna give anything, except my good luck wishes. I never do charities and this one doesn't make an exeption.
I hope they'll be fine though, looks horrible from what i've seen from the news.
I usually don't either, but Haiti is already such a poor country that I doubt they would be able to recover on their own.

Jazzi: If you donate through local reputable organizations like you did instead of send money directly to Haiti, the money will be used to help with the costs of the relief efforts - transportation and shelter of volunteers and survivors and material resources to help rebuild. Send money or supplies directly to their government and you run the risk of it never reaching the people who need it and instead being wasted or sold on the black market.

If anybody still finds themselves without a way to donate, it's already been mentioned but FreeRice is sending proceeds to Haiti now. Pick a subject (Pre-algebra math is really easy) and spend 10 minutes answering questions.

Cabron the Swan

Allegro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:50 am
The difference between relief efforts for this and say, Katrina, is that most Katrina relief came from inside the country that was affected. That won't happen here. Haiti is dirt ******** poor.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:55 am
I did some FreeRice stuff. I didn't even make half a meal, though. :/  

Orphie

Cabron the Swan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:05 am
Orphie
I did some FreeRice stuff. I didn't even make half a meal, though. :/
Yeah, it was so slow. xd I put the $5 donation number up on my Facebook status since I can't afford any more and I REALLY don't wanna help out 10 grains of rice at a time.  
Social Room

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff