Submit

Mythey Maysonia
Crew

Wealthy Heckler

14,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:11 pm
Hello B.O.O. I don't come in here too often, but this is something very important I wanted to bring to your attention.

We all know by now, Haiti is struggling with the aftermath of last week's devastating earthquake, and since then millions of dollars in aid have poured in from other countries, charitable organizations, and thousands of individual donors. And despite the fact that the U.S. and several other countries are still coming out of a bad recession and still strapped for cash, there has been an enormous outpouring of support, both financial and otherwise.

Now, in the midst of all this, you might find that it's difficult to make a donation yourself; with many of you still in school, or unemployed or without disposable income to donate. Well, there's good news for those that want to make a difference without spending a dime.

Play and feed hungry people at FreeRice.com. If you haven't already heard of this website, it's been around since 2007, and has helped raise money to donate to hungry people in need all over the world. It's sponsored by the United Nations, and it's a simple, easy way to donate rice to the UN World Food Programme. And best of all, it's free! To get there, simply click here:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Thanks for reading!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:16 pm
Oh I've done this before  

Hidekitty-medic

Dedicated Genius

8,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Ritorin
Vice Captain

Dedicated Receiver

8,475 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:46 pm
User Image
Oh hi. Lets Pokebattle

User Image

I love that website. 3nodding
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:35 pm
Wow, this is amazing. Thanks for posting this. It's hard to help people around the world when you're stuck at home. This a fantastic, free way to make a difference.  

AnnAlolz

4,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Informer 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Rizuzua

Fashionable Bunny

20,650 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:36 pm
I managed to get 230 grains of rice before I had to stop. It was both fun and helpful for those in need! Awesome work posting this! heart  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:53 pm
I donated my prayers and very lil money  

Leomic

Devoted Businessman

2,850 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Mythey Maysonia
Crew

Wealthy Heckler

14,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:23 pm
Thanks for making this a guild-wide annoucement Sky! heart  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:37 am
OMG thank you so much for showing me this! I was so bummed I had no way of donating to help. I'm going to spread this around~ heart  

New Moon Sage

Shy Sage

Skarmy
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:30 pm
Mythey Maysonia
Thanks for making this a guild-wide annoucement Sky! heart

mhmmmmm~ =3  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:25 pm
I donated 4,600 total grains of rice total. I've been playing it all week.  

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100

semxii boy

Wealthy Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:34 pm
If u want to talk bout haiti y dont u do that huh?Thats y it call haiti serurois
trouble and u cal the serouris.I dont think so.If u want to talk bout that tlak it then.Thats y at my place has just have a blackout.And they If its windy we can have a torndo.But it can happen.Cause this dud e have a torndo in los angles.So it can have a torndo here in S.J or the whole U.S.
But the earthquakes r more dangeres then the torndos.Cause the one in haiti is the strongeset in the U.S.But not the first one.I mean it was like the strongeset in the first time.So i want you guys to donate food,water,and money to haiti.Cause right now pre.Obmama is saying that we the U.S should donate money more.So we should donate cause haiti is is very poor k.So donate.PLLLLLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.T.T  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:24 pm
Thank you sooo much for this. I'm very said about haiti and me being only a kid i can't do anything and i was looking to improve in some of my classes. The spanish game really helps smile  

German Sparkles

Shirtless Millionaire

9,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200

Skarmy
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:33 pm
xXxsupercool256
If u want to talk bout haiti y dont u do that huh?Thats y it call haiti serurois
trouble and u cal the serouris.I dont think so.If u want to talk bout that tlak it then.Thats y at my place has just have a blackout.And they If its windy we can have a torndo.But it can happen.Cause this dud e have a torndo in los angles.So it can have a torndo here in S.J or the whole U.S.
But the earthquakes r more dangeres then the torndos.Cause the one in haiti is the strongeset in the U.S.But not the first one.I mean it was like the strongeset in the first time.So i want you guys to donate food,water,and money to haiti.Cause right now pre.Obmama is saying that we the U.S should donate money more.So we should donate cause haiti is is very poor k.So donate.PLLLLLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.T.T

......What the ******** just happened here?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:40 pm
My mother and I got up to 8000 on there this week. We always play it. It helps people in need and also educates you . w .  

0mn0mn0m1234

Serg is Fluffy
Vice Captain

Friendly Noob

5,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:05 pm
Skarmy
xXxsupercool256

......What the ******** just happened here?

he wants people to donate to Haiti. which is good. good.
And something about a tornado that destroys the whole U.S.?
that would be a bad day.
It would also have to be a big tornado.
really big.

Korra

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out