Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kage no Gensou; A Yuugiou((Yugioh)) Guild

Back to Guilds

A friendly guild for any and all types of Yuugiou: Duel Monsters fans. 

Tags: Yuugiou, Yugioh, Duel Monsters, Anime, Manga 

Reply General Discussion
Let's obsessive-compulsively order our favorite characters! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You gonna participate? :B
  Yesh!
  Nuu!
  Our captain is an obsessive-compulsive freak!
View Results

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:28 pm
EDIT: Okay, here is an English version YUU*GI*OU Character Sorter that you can use to put your favorite characters in order!
http://yuugiousorter.webs.com/index.htm

So ever since we started the character discussion threads, comments have often popped up like, "Hmm... I'm really not sure how much of a favorite Otogi's father is to me, but he's definitely in the top fifty!" after people were asked what they would rate a character as a favorite. So this thread is to organize your favorite characters into a list if you so desire. You can include as many or as little characters as you want; this is just for fun and for the sake of obsessive-compulsive people, like me, who need to know an exact order. ^^ Here's my list of characters, from favorite to least favorite (with short descriptions of characters people might not recognize by name):

1 Jounouchi Katsuya
2 Kawai Shizuka
3 Kaiba Seto
4 Honda Hiroto
5 Rishid Ishtar
6 Priest Set
7 Bakura Ryou
8 Kisara
9 Mutou Yuugi
10 Yami no Malik
11 Malik Ishtar
12 Tenjouin Fubuki
13 Temma Gekkou
14 Helmos
15 Kujaku Mai
16 Critias
17 Priest Mahaado
18 Isis Ishtar
19 Thief King Bakura
20 Pegasus J. Crawford
21 Yami no Bakura
22 Blitz
23 Austin O'Brien
24 Fujiwara Yuusuke
25 Aki Izayoi
26 Kajiki Ryouta
27 Isono
28 Johan Andersen
29 Raphael
30 Priestess Isis
31 Saotome Rei
32 Kaiba Mokuba
33 Tenjouin Asuka
34 Misawa Daichi
35 Rally Dawson
36 Black Magician
37 Priest Karim
38 Dartz
39 Mazaki Anzu
40 Otogi Ryuuji
41 Siegfried von Schroider
42 Cyndia Crawford
43 Hirutani
44 Ed Phoenix
45 Amelda
46 Himuro Jin
47 Silent Swordsman
48 Akutsu
49 Priest Shada
50 Yubel
51 Silent Magician
52 Marufuji Shou
53 Mana
54 Bakura Amane
55 Marufuji Ryou
56 Elf no Kenshi
57 Kaiba Noa
58 Ouoka Chikuzen
59 Jounouchi's Father
60 Ghost Kotsuzuka
61 Pandora's Black Magician
62 Bandit Keith Howard
63 Timaeus
64 Temma Yakou
65 Saiou Takuma
66 Fuudo Yuusei
67 Jack Atlas
68 Hassan
69 Rua
70 Ruka
71 Simon
72 Arthur Hopkins
73 Tirano Kenzan
74 Saruwatari
75 Nerve
76 Aoyama Kohei
77 Nosaka Miho
78 Satake
79 James Crocodile Cook
80 Kuribou
81 Hanasaki Tomoya
82 Mutou Sugoroku
83 Malik's Mother
84 Leonhart von Schroider
85 Rebecca Hopkins
86 Manjoume Jun
87 Pharaoh Ahknemkhanon
88 Pantomimer
89 Dinosaur Ryuuzaki
90 Varon
91 Pharaoh Atem
92 Yami no Yuugi
93 Yeager
94 Kaiba Gouzaburou
95 Sagiri Mikage
96 Espa Roba
97 Pandora
98 Jounouchi's Mother
99 Priest Akhenaton
100 Takaido
101 Tetsu Ushio
102 Crocketts
103 Rare Hunter
104 Rex Godwin
105 Takuya
106 Zork
107 Yuuki Juudai
108 Jouji
109 Malik's Father
110 Juan
111 Black Magician Girl
112 Miruko
113 Kriss
114 Bobasa
115 Ironheart
116 Yuugi's Mother
117 Insector Haga
118 Yami no Kamen
119 Kyuu
120 Vivian Wong
121 Daimon Kogorou
122 Mr. Clown
123 Iona
124 Aoyama Shougo
125 Jean Claude Magnum
126 Shaadii
127 Oushita Kounosuke
128 Step Johnny
129 Mei
130 Ushio (Hall Monitor)
131 Anubis
132 Outa Souichirou
133 Cronos de Medici
134 Player Killer
135 Takasu
136 Hikari no Kamen
137 Outaki Shuuzou
138 Gebeluk
139 Death Imitator

Well what do you know? I was uncertain of my top ten for so long, but now I know! And it's here in a convenient list for me to refer to if I ever need to. And Death Imitator is my all-time least favorite character! Who would've thought a gay clown could earn such status? So yeah, the way I recommend making a list this long is to first divide the list in half, one being characters on the 'like' side, and the other being characters on the 'dislike' side. Keep doing that until each section has few enough characters to put them in order yourself. Then order the sections from the one that was 'like' every time, to the one that was 'dislike' every time.
You're free to copy my list. It pretty much has all the characters in Duel Monsters (unless I missed some, which I would love if you pointed out) except for the really minor ones. It also includes some of the more major characters that were only in the manga, like Ushio, as well as the two main characters in YUU*GI*OU R, and main characters that only showed up in movies. I didn't bother with Capsule Monsters or the first series, mostly because I don't know the characters well enough to remember all of them. I also didn't include Atem, since he and Yami no Yuugi are the same person. So yeah, if those regulations fit what you would like to organize, by all means, use this list and reorder it for yourself, or take away characters you don't care about from it or add any you wish to.
So yeah, don't think many people are actually gonna do this, but for the few you do, I hope it helps you a bit, and I hope you have fun. ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:07 pm
Hahaha, ok I'll do this...but it won't be as extensive, there is no way I can order the entire series cast. I'm indifferent to so many, and you can't rank zeroes (a topic of one of my favorite Malcolm in the Middle episodes).

I think I'll try to do this in terms of ranking favorites and ranking least favorites, and just have two lists...I shall try to do that now and we'll see where I get tonight.  

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:37 pm
Yugioh Favorite Characters List:
Ranking: Most Favorite down to Least Favorite

Kaiba Seto
Pegasus
Yami no Bakura
Ryou
Otogi
Mai
Jounouchi
Yami no Yuugi
Mahaado
Mana
Ryuuzaki (Rex)
Shaadii
Pandora
Yami no Malik
Malik
Rishid
Kajiki (Mako)
Pantomimer
Gouzaburo

Yugioh Disliked Characters List:
Ranking: Most Detested down to Least Disliked (but still disliked)

Haga (Weevil)
Kisara
Sugoroku
Noa
Anzu
Honda
Isis
Roba
Rebecca
Shizuka

Bandit Keith

Anything I have in parenthesis is really for my own reference, certain characters, particularly minor characters, I really know better by their American serialization names. The space between Shizuka and Bandit Keith? It's because I wasn't sure whether or not he should be on the bottom of the dislike list or the bottom of the favorites list. It's weird, I'm not indifferent to him, I have an emotional connection to Keith. I just don't know if it's favorable or not. It probably varies.

Anyone else I’m either (a) indifferent to (b) associate them in with someone else (e.g. the Egyptian spirits, whom I don’t feel I have enough on to think of them as separate entities from their “modern” descendents/equivalents/etc etc) and therefore cannot rank them (c) do not feel they have enough character status to rank (such as Ghost Kaiba) or (d) I just don’t remember enough about them/haven’t seen that arc/read that far into the manga (as far as the anime goes, I’ve seen everything except Grand Prix, which is why I really don’t know who Vivian is at all).

List may be updated, such as if I ever watch Grand Prix…or if rewatch arcs I’ve really only seen once, or haven’t seen in so long I don’t remember how I felt about certain characters. Quite possibly, my feelings could change on certain characters as well. I feel these lists are fairly accurate for my likes and dislikes now. The dislike list is definitely in correct order, the like list I'm iffy on, but that's about as solid as I'm going to get for now.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:17 am
Descends in order, most to least. Haven't actually watched it for a long time, so if I'm forgetting anyone embarassingly obvious, oops. I don't really think I need to list them as I'm not a list person, but I'm really bored.

Malik
Mai
Yami Malik
Seto
Isis
Rishid
TK Bakura
Yami Bakura
Ryou Bakura
Mokuba
Jounouchi
Anzu
Pegasus
Shizuka
Pandora
Otogi

Dislike
Yami Yugi
Shadi

Meh
Everyone else

Morgey

Wheezing Genius

Chibi Kitsune Warrior
Crew

Precious Treasure

12,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:10 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.It's so easy to destroy and condemn the ones you do not understand...

Wow, you have like... Everyone on your list, KitsuneChan. @o@;
I think I'll just list my top 10 favorites and my top 10 disliked. ^o^;;
Also, I'm going to base this on just Yuugiou Duel Monsters, 'cause I wasn't too impressed with characters in the first series. ^o^;

Favorites in order from most liked to least:

1) Seto
2) Yami no Bakura (Gah! (((゜A゜))) I wanted to put them both on #1!)
3) Jounouchi
4) Bakura Ryou
5) Malik
6) Touzoku Ou
7) Yami no Malik
8 ) Mutou Yuugi
9) Kajiki
10) Honda

Least favorites from least disliked to most:

1) Otogi
2) Mai
3) Shaadii
4) Saruwatari
5) Yami no Yuugi
6) Bandit Keith
7) Vivian
8 ) Jounouchi's dad
9) Malik's dad
10) Gouzaburo

...Do you ever wonder if it's justified?User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:37 pm
@JK: Yeah, it was difficult to order characters I was somewhat indifferent to, but I was determined to get a real, concrete list of all characters of consequence to me set in stone (or at least in an editable forum). I had the same thing going with Yami no Yuugi as you did Bandit Keith though, where I know he's not just meh, but I don't know if I like or dislike (though leaning on dislike) him. XD So he kind of ended up under some characters I definitely dislike, but also above some characters that I somewhat like. Stupid Yami no Yuugi and his confusingness. XP
And you should watch the Grand Prix. Not particularly any super awesome new characters (though it can be argued for Siegfried), but it was quite a fun, cute little arc with a lot of comedy and interesting duel scenarios.
I also like how Rebecca and Sugoroku are on your dislike list, yet they're a couple of your main characters in that RP of yours.

@Morgey: What you talking bout, everybody loves lists. :O

@Kitsune Warrior: Not everyone, but most Duel Monsters characters that were given names, I think. XD;;  

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:23 pm
@Kits - Yea, that's why it was easier to do this as two lists for me. And just leave out any characters that I don't care about. I do like how you have a solid list of all major players up though.

I didn't purposely avoid Grand Prix, it's just when I finally got back into YGO after taking a few years off, that arc wasn't online. Neither was Noa's but I had already seen that one back in the day. This was about 3 years ago though, so I could probably go search for GP again, I have more sites than ridiculously over-policed Youtube nowadays as well.

AND I KNOW!!! That's why the roleplay ended up being so funny, I mean I got in it playing Pegasus, but actually ended up having more fun playing the characters I dislike, particularly Rebecca. I still dislike Sugoroku and probably always will, however playing Rebecca sorta gets me liking her more. I'm sure every time I see her later in the series being irksome and clingy to Yuugi I'll remember why I can't ever like her, she's too annoying!! However for now I can overlook that.

@Morgey - That's true, disliking lists?! Blasphemy!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:52 am
So disliking lists doesn't sparkle with everyone?  

Morgey

Wheezing Genius

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:39 pm
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...aww....tell me you are quoting South Park, because I love that episode.

But no ma'am, that doesn't sparkle with me at all...^_~  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:23 pm
@JK: I like it too. It sets my nitpickiness at ease. =D
I'm sure it's *somewhere* online now. You should definitely look it up. <3
Haha, guess your version of Rebecca is a little less annoying than the real one. XD

I'm confused about the sparkle thing...  

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:29 pm
Well if the sparkle thing is what I'm thinking, there is this episode of South Park where all the girls in town list the boys in order of attractiveness.

During a meeting to debate the accuracy of this list, you get to see the SP "girl council" and they pretty much say things like "does that sparkle with you" "that does not sparkle with us" etc etc in terms of talking about motions. It's ridiculous, and probably not that amusing out of context, but I love it so.

Anyhow I'll look it up when I have time...which might be awhile, I have an easier time making room for reading than watching I'm afraid. Especially watching on my comp.

She definitely is, granted Yuugi is absent from that RP (like every other RP I'm ever in apparently, hahahaha). Right now she's mostly associated with Ryou, Malik and Jou, so it's a weird mix anyhow.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:44 am
JuokasKurvas
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...aww....tell me you are quoting South Park, because I love that episode.

Sunshine.  

Morgey

Wheezing Genius

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:05 pm
^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:16 pm
Why don't you stop dressing me up like a mailman and making me dance for you, while you smoke crack in your bedroom and have sex with some guy I don't even know ON MY DAD'S BED?

If this RP you guys are talking about is that chatroom one, I should say that it's the second best thing in the world. And if not, disregard.

Morgey

Wheezing Genius

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:23 pm
Alright I feel I'm missing a reference here, and it sounds pretty awesome so I'm going to need to be filled in here so I can get on that razz .

Haha, nah, talking about this other RP I was in that has kind of gone into death mode but me and a few of my friends are hoping to resume it soon. We shall see. In the chatroom RP Rebecca is a WHORE! Anyone and everyone can just walk in off the cyber streets and play her.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff