Welcome to Gaia! ::

◇ Xtreme Skilled Knights ◇

Back to Guilds

An army of many is more powerful than an army of one. 

Tags: everything, anime, poetry, clan, gold, fun, knights, skilled, RP, games, music, advice, vending, webcasts, booty grab, contests, art, music, zOMG, Wii, Xbox, Playstation, PC 

Reply City Corners______________-______Advice and Moral Support
Teach me please.... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXLeahLoveSickXx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:15 pm
So basically I'm looking for someone to one on one with in either this topic or in a pm who will help me become more lit. I know that this is short here, but oh well. Right now I can kick out a short but well worded paragraph. I really want to get better but I need help. So please post here or pm me if you're willing to help. Thanks!
~Leah LoveSick

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:38 pm
What would you like me to do to help? <3  

FaeriesAreMagic

xXLeahLoveSickXx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:58 pm
One on one with me and then make comments/suggestions to help me become more lit. It really would mean a lot to me.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:05 pm
i dnt know  

Warning M o d s

blue tear dada

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:22 pm
well i dont really understand what ur trying to say? but can you word it differently what you need help with?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:46 am
You want to become more literate?

Easy. READ.

And I don't mean magazines or blog posts. You need to read proper literature. Your writing is going to mimic the style of the things you read, so if you want to learn proper grammar, you need to read material that uses proper grammar. I suggest a good mix of classic fiction and non-fiction.

I'd love to help if you have any other questions. Just PM me.  

Sieffre

Wheezing Genius

7,450 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Ryuu_Myoto

Anxious Genius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:02 am
As stated above, reading is one of the best things you can do to become more literate. Being literate isn't just about big posts or big words but merely putting in more thought and detail into your writing. Try and take some examples from good books about how to describe something so that is forms an image in the readers mind or how to make something small as walking down a hallway to tell a story that allows people to know your character in one way or another. Being able to take small actions and to write something that is character related and well detailed is nice.

If you would like more help then I am willing to lend you a hand. Just PM me and we can either looks for books for you to read or RP. Granted I am not as literate as most people but enough to know a few things or two.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:10 pm
Ryuu_Myoto
As stated above, reading is one of the best things you can do to become more literate. Being literate isn't just about big posts or big words but merely putting in more thought and detail into your writing. Try and take some examples from good books about how to describe something so that is forms an image in the readers mind or how to make something small as walking down a hallway to tell a story that allows people to know your character in one way or another. Being able to take small actions and to write something that is character related and well detailed is nice.

...Are you serious about the read thing???I have been reading since I was in pre-k and I have been reading at an advanced level since I was in 3rd grade. I happen to have a great vocabulary that has grow as I have. Also I can read at a college level, and I write stories PAGES long.  

xXLeahLoveSickXx

Thedevilmaster

7,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:20 pm
xXLeahLoveSickXx
Ryuu_Myoto

...Are you serious about the read thing???I have been reading since I was in pre-k and I have been reading at an advanced level since I was in 3rd grade. I happen to have a great vocabulary that has grow as I have. Also I can read at a college level, and I write stories PAGES long.

Well for the most part what they say is true. But it seems to me that what your looking for is not necessarily being more literate but just being able to be more creative in RPs and posts.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:59 pm
Maybe, but sometimes I don't know what to add. As for description and such if you know what I mean.  

xXLeahLoveSickXx

Thedevilmaster

7,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:04 pm

Ya I know what you mean. You can always have people help you out with the descriptions if your drawing a blank or you could save it and come back to it later. Possibly having an idea later.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:36 am
xXLeahLoveSickXx
Maybe, but sometimes I don't know what to add. As for description and such if you know what I mean.

If you want to learn to be more descriptive (which is something I have problems with too in writing) maybe you should seek out authors who write with really strong imagery.
Or just consciously practice writing sensory descriptions. That's what I did: worked out my sensory writing muscles. :3  

psychoslaphead

Toothsome Wyvern

8,565 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Full closet 200

Aglaica

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:46 am
It's not where you're from...

I noticed that literate role-players only add meaningless details. Just to extend their posts. So, you'll find it boring to read all of their posts. A short (Not too short, just like a paragraph containing 5 to 10 sentences.) paragraph with descriptive details and actions would be really fun to role-play with. Trust me. You won't find it hard to type so as well as you will find it enjoyable.

...It's where you're at.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:29 pm
Tonight is the night we become great!
The Stars will show us the way!

Ouch, Aglaica. Ouch. Some people find those details, no matter how minuscule and seemingly unimportant, very important to their way or role playing.

Down to the number of blades of grass they crush beneath their feet.

Tonight is the night we become Great!

The Stars are what gave us away!  

Mana_ecl Zetsuya

Bashful Seeker

9,550 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

Aglaica

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:42 pm
It's not where you're from...

I know. Role-playing style differs from a person to another but you don't have to follow their style to be literate, you know.

...It's where you're at.

City Corners______________-______Advice and Moral Support

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces