Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Senshi Ages Between Manga and Anime Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darkness Cake

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:31 pm
There seems to be a lot of confusion of the senshi's ages between the beginning and end of the series. Here is the ages for you.

From the Sailor Moon Role Playing Game and Resource Book

Start: 1992-Usagi is 14

End: 1995-Usagi is 18

Tsukino Usagi-June 30 1978
Mizuno Ami-September 10 1978
Hino Rei-April 17 1978
Kino Makoto-December 5 1978
Aino Minako-October 22 1978
Chiba Mamoru-August 2 1974
Meioh Setsuna-October 29 1975
Tenoh Haruka-January 27 1978
Kaioh Michiru-March 6 1978  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:41 pm
I'm not completely clear but isn't it indicated that the inner senshi are entering high school near/at the end of the series?  

lightsenshi

Solar Kitty-chan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:45 pm
In the anime, yes. The Senshi are starting high school in Stars. I'm pretty sure that in the manga they're starting high school as well, but the ending of the manga I'm a little unclear about. Aren't Mamrou and Usagi engaged at the end of the manga? That would make it as though some time had passed, but generally they are viewed as 14-16 in the series.

However, I don't think that book is entirely right seeing as Michiru and Haruka are a year older than the Inner Senshi and the book lists them being born in the same year...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:04 pm
Solar Kitty-chan

However, I don't think that book is entirely right seeing as Michiru and Haruka are a year older than the Inner Senshi and the book lists them being born in the same year...

That's what I was going to say....Michiru and Haruka would have to be older..

And yes, I believe Mamoru and Usagi were engaged at the end of the manga...  

Mercuryangel
Crew

Solar Kitty-chan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:11 pm
I found a few sites that said that it was in the near future, after the final battle, that that happened. Kind of like an epilogue. But essentially, at the end of everything they came out 16. It never states how old Usagi is when they get married and Saturn is said to have not aged much since the end fo the battles.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:21 pm
All I was posting is what was in the book, and also what most fan sites use as the ages. That way it helps with RPs and such. And yes, at the BEGINNING of Sailor Moon Stars they were entering High School, but time has passed by the end. The books states that the Sailor Moon Stars series STARTS in 1995.  

Darkness Cake

Darkness Cake

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:26 pm
Also, for those who have the "Meet Sailor ____" books, Usagi's says that she is 14 and Ami's says that she was a senshi for 4 years.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:31 pm
I've seen the book that Roselite is talking about, having made a Knight of my own in it, and she's correct on the dates. It is also the most offical Sailor Moon book that there is, along with the "Meet Sailor____" books.  

Redford Blade

Solar Kitty-chan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:38 pm
I wouldn't trust those books either... and I have never seen a fansite that refers to the Senshi ebing those ages. Even the one site I refrenced (The Sailor Senshi Page) referenced The Manga of Takeuchi Naoko and the translations of Alex Glover. Those are the statistics that I have found at every site I have been to. Time may have passed, but they would not be 18 by the end of the manga. It wasn't that much time. if anthing, maybe a year. And just because it was released in 1995 doesn't mean that's the year it is really set in because R was released in 1993 but they were the same age as they were in the first arc of the manga, which was released in 1992.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:41 pm
I'm not saying that because it was released in '95 that it's the date. I'm saying it's the date because that's what the books says and it's the BEST source to find this stuff. I never trust fansites because unless they say where they got their info, in my eyes, they're information is NOT correct. I trust that book with ANYTHING relating to the anime.  

Darkness Cake

Solar Kitty-chan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:43 pm
Redford Blade
I've seen the book that Roselite is talking about, having made a Knight of my own in it, and she's correct on the dates. It is also the most offical Sailor Moon book that there is, along with the "Meet Sailor____" books.

The dates, my friend, are wrong. Haruka and Michiru are definitely a year older than the Inner Senshi in both the anime and the manga. There's one error. Just because it's "the most official" does not mean it's entirely accurate, especially in an English translation.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:44 pm
Solar Kitty-chan
Redford Blade

The dates, my friend, are wrong. Haruka and Michiru are definitely a year older than the Inner Senshi in both the anime and the manga. There's one error. Just because it's "the most official" does not mean it's entirely accurate, especially in an English translation.

At least it's better than all those damn fansites!!!  

Darkness Cake

Solar Kitty-chan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:46 pm
Roselite Blade
I'm not saying that because it was released in '95 that it's the date. I'm saying it's the date because that's what the books says and it's the BEST source to find this stuff. I never trust fansites because unless they say where they got their info, in my eyes, they're information is NOT correct. I trust that book with ANYTHING relating to the anime.

I just told you where the basis of my information came from and Alex Glover's site is one of the best sites dedicated to Takeuchi Naoko there is. I don't believe that those books are the best source. I would trust information that came from The Manga of Takeuchi Naoko, The Anime News Network, and Bunny's Tour of the Silver Millennium before them.

The book is already wrong about the years that haruka and Michiru were born. That is enough to convince me that they're not the best, official or not.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:48 pm
Roselite Blade
Solar Kitty-chan
Redford Blade

At least it's better than all those damn fansites!!!

Hardly.  

Solar Kitty-chan

Darkness Cake

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:02 pm
Well, I trust them, and thus I go by them.

END OF DISSCUSSION!  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces