Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
Winter Olympics Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Winter Olympics?
  Yay
  Nay
View Results

Iakun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:35 am
So who here is actually interested in the winter Olympics? I know during the summer it's all the rage, but I've always had the impression that during the winter it's far less popular.

The winter Olympics is being held here in Vancouver, where I'm at, weeeeeee. But you seriously won't catch me downtown with all that mess lol I watched the opening ceremony on tv and it was okay. It was funny when there was one malfunction during the lighting of the indoor cauldron.

So if you do care even a tiny lick about the Olympics in the winter, which sports events do you watch? Personally, I really only love watching the figure-skating.

I dunno what I'm saying anymore. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:19 am
I'm not into sports of any kind really, so I've never sat down and really watched the olympics.

But I have caught parts of it on tv, and I must admit, those figure-skaters are good.

Ironically, the only part that I have caught on tv is the figure-skating, LOL  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:30 am
Which is probably because that's the part that I watch, too. 3nodding I don't know why, but when I was younger, I developed an interest in the figure skating event. I could psychoanalyze my strange interest, but I don't really care enough. Go figure skaters! surprised  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:19 pm
Figure skating is just gorgeous, not much more analyzing needed there lol  

Iakun

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:58 am
Yeah, let's not analize this one...

GO FIGURE-SKATERS !!!
WooHoo!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:16 am
I like it but I didn't watch that.  

Sweetkitty

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:16 pm
I got to watch part of the opening ceremony that is up till that one dude came on and starting talking and was seriously boring.

I've watched several events so far but oh what's my favorite? I don't know I like several. I like watching the men's snowboarding (Because the girls just don't have as much air or style or guts I guess), I like watching the moguls...I think that's what it's called I tend to call it the little white critter from Final Fantasy that says "Kupo" so yeah that sport, um...the high ski jump, the men's luge when they really go full out, Oh the Biathlon I think it is ya know the cross country skiing and shooting? Yeah Love watching that. Curling I love watching that too! Figuring skating is okay when there are good skaters... I'm rooting for the China couple they're good and so cute too!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:27 am
The "Kupo" creatures are called Moogles ^.^

I just happened to turn the tv on yesterday, (didn't even remember that the olympics was on) and what did I find? Figure-skating!

For some reason that the only thing ever on when I pass it... O_o ???

It doesn't matter though.
Once I hit that, I just can't look away.
It's mesmerizing... O_O  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:28 pm
Curling.... *passes out from laughing* rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:43 am
*checks your stats*

She's NOT dead, Jim!  

xwhateverxdudex

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:37 pm

I've really never cared for sporting events or the Olympics. But, I do agree that figure skating is beautiful. I remember when I was young my mom would take me to see the Disney on Ice events. They were lovely. ♥

User Image
{eclectic princess; rinioa}

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:01 am
I've never been to an anything on ice show... ^.^  

xwhateverxdudex

Iakun

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:56 am
I always joke about curling with the people I know irl.

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Yeahhhhhh!!!!!! the player shouts as the stone slides anti-climactically down the ice... xd  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:32 am
O_O

I don't know anything of this sport.

Though personally there's alot of "sports" that shouldn't even be called sports.  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:01 pm
It's gonna make it! It's gonna make it! *six hours later* Score!! xd  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items