Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Quick question about the pentagram Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXTranquilDemonXx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:43 pm
does having a full pentagram with the star and circles actually do anything? i was thinking about a necklace or a design for some stuff but i thought it might open something. anyone got any details for me?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:16 pm
Unless you give it power, it wont have any. But if you do want to give it power, try filling it with positive energy if you are just starting with this. You shouldnt have any problems unless you or someone else gives it power.  

XAmerican_PrinceX

1,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cart Raider 100

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:20 pm
A pentagram necklace isn't any more dangerous than a Mickey Mouse necklace. It's just a piece of metal. It's not going to open a portal or anything just by existing.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:09 pm
If you still feel uncomfortable with the idea of a pentagram necklace may I suggest looking into other symbols if you want something in jewelry form. There are many symbols out there to choose from that can hold a certain significance and later power when you choose to use it in that way.  

Underworld Priestess

Just Tsuki

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:33 am
the power that a pentagram has lies in how much you belive in it. also different metals and stones used give different powers and represents different things.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:57 pm
ok....the metal i was thinkin about was copper or bronze, and what would positive energy do to it? and what do u mean by believing in it?  

xXTranquilDemonXx

Just Tsuki

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:19 am
if you believe in something it has a psychological effect as well as a physiological one. e.g. if you have a headache you take an paracetamol to stop it. by taking it you think "the headache will now stop" which reinforces the painkilling eefect because you are thinking positively and believing that it will work.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:46 am
from spyritandmyst.com:

Copper: The energy is Receptive and the element is Water

Powers: Energy direction, healing, luck, love, money, protection, communication and improves emotional situations.

Sends and amplifies thoughts, healing, and gem electrical energy into wearer's energy field. When worn next to skin it detoxifies and soothes arthritis, rheumatism and other inflammation problems. Assists with exhaustion recovery and circulation. Balances warm sun energy and cool lunar energy. Energize with the sun.

Chakra: Base, Sacral, Solar Plexus and Heart

from healthynewage.com
Bronze Jewelry - Bronze stone healing power: Another alloy, touch is important with this metal. As physical contact with this metal, it can bring on great calmness and deep meaningful thoughts, leading to a far greater insight into your problems

hope this helps!! smile

Just Tsuki

CandleandCards

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:32 am
xXTranquilDemonXx
ok....the metal i was thinkin about was copper or bronze, and what would positive energy do to it? and what do u mean by believing in it?

copper and bronze have long been used as a ward of sorts. Im not sure what other countries may have used them but my family ( the Sprowls and Bryants, heavy scott family) used to hang brass bells on the porch, doors, and barns of houses, they'd ring them in the morning to attract helpful beings like skrats ( not sure exactly what they look like, i've always been told they look like wet chickens...but my family is odd like that) and to repel brownies, fairies and sprites. and if you lived by the shore of a body of water you tied brass and copper bells to your horses so you wouldn't confuse them with Kelpies.

great metal choice! if you are looking for stones, such solid stones like Hematite, tiger's eye, or even quartz and amethysts are great! stay away from stones like malachite or azurite,they've been said to amplify moods of the wearer, which is fine and dandy if you're in a good mood but a pain in the you know where should you feel down in the dumps.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:59 am
If its a normal Pentagram you are looking for, try a flee market or a local hot topic. Pewter is a decent alloy for any visual jewelry.
But if you plan on making your own I suggest a few steps.

step.1 cleanse the area where the creation will take place. Wicca cleansing rites are fine.
step.2 no running water within the general area(wells and pipes fine) rivers & creaks no. 30meters
step.3 copper, bronze are very great metals. My best effect was silver, but that too was cleansed.
step.4 If you have a gemstone, safest bet is your birth stone. Carry with you for a full month prier to insertion. So it will resonate with you more effectively.
step.5 Finally make sure to perform this at the safest times. Start mid day and end before sundown. Never upon the witching hours and not on major holidays. Too many spirits move about at those times.  

Oborosen

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200

xxravenohayexx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:41 pm
Pentagram: the geological word for a five pointed star. It is often comprised of metal, in the middle of a circle. The Lesser Wiccan Tool of Earth. Represents protection. When inverted, it represents a goat head, often confused as the symbol of Satan, though this concept was introduced by Levi. As for power, listen to those around you. If you give something power over you, it will choose to use it. If you are uncomfortable with the symbol, don't wear it, it isn't for you. Might I recommend a nice triquetra?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:33 pm
Like any symbol it only has power/meaning if you believe it does. I have a pentagram tattoo on my right shoulder because I believe that it stands for magic, for the elements, for nature, for focus and a hundred other things. Because I believe it has significance it does. If you're asking this question you're not ready to wear one.  

J. Dragonhater

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:26 pm
symbols tap our sunconsious, and we are able to empower them to serve us by way of using our subconsiousness. any symbol can be used for any purpose depending on how you feel about it.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:48 pm
those symbols are weak and worthless... try somthing much much older by thousand years perhaps.  

Silouz Imperial

3,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200

xxravenohayexx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:46 pm
silouz
those symbols are weak and worthless... try somthing much much older by thousand years perhaps.

That is horribly rude of you to say that. Symbols are our own, saying that the Pentagram is weak and worthless may be your perception of symbol, but to others it is a powerful and meaningful symbol. On that note, may I ask what symbols you speak of? I might add that you have some grammar to relearn.  
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff