Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Where do you draw the line on cheating? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Satrevi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:20 pm
Ok, so... The older games. Battle toads with that level where you go off jump after jump after jump. It's damned near impossible. You get to the rat boss, only to find out in the next level you have to do the same thing but harder and with water.

So, I think if you cheat at battletoads. it's fine.

or, if you are saving your exact moment on a frustrating nes rom on an emulator to break the game down into pieces to play through it, or simply using that feature to train for playing through the old fashioned way. I don't think that's cheating either.

With the game genie i think it depends on the players skill level, intention, code and game, so a case by case basis.

Where do you draw the line with cheating in games?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:44 pm
Last cheat to date I've used is a in game glitch valve hasn't fixed yet in L4D. Crab walking or speed crawling w/e you call it, both humans and Infected can do it it makes the hunter creepier, the boom a bit faster, and the accuracy of the humans better.

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

GuruGuru214

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:59 pm
Ordinarily I don't cheat, but when I played Bioshock, I cheated like crazy. Usually, I wouldn't have condoned cheating so much, but thanks to my graphics card, I had a lot of trouble with game crashes. In Fort Frolic alone, I must've bluescreened at least 10 times. So I felt that the cheating balanced that out a bit.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:14 pm
Anything that alters the ROM from its intended form is cheating. Action Replay/Game Shark codes, save states, hacks, and such stuff. In-game glitches (item duping, Pokémon RNG, hit detection exploits, etc.) are totally valid in my book, as they've probably been written off as a feature of the game by the developer any way.  

8Bit Jack

MaverickDrifter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:18 pm
cheating's bad, m'kay?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:26 pm
8Bit Jack
Anything that alters the ROM from its intended form is cheating. Action Replay/Game Shark codes, save states, hacks, and such stuff. In-game glitches (item duping, Pokémon RNG, hit detection exploits, etc.) are totally valid in my book, as they've probably been written off as a feature of the game by the developer any way.

The only game I've ever hated how glitching was a feature was gunz online.
It was so fun to hear the screams of asshats everywhere yelling at you for killing them with a dagger while they macro there moves to perform "butterfly" (blocking and slashing glitch) and "slash shooting" (shooting and slashing glitch)

But so boring/frustrating after awhile. Like the First time I entered a game of L4D2 where someone was cheating. The other team where spawning tanks and items all over the place. Moonjumping for everyone. That was fine it was amusing. Til they started to teleport and run through walls and then infinite health stare If I wanted to cheat I'd play on the N64.

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:29 pm
I've been duping a lot of items in Oblivion lately.

That's about it for recent cheating.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:30 pm
oh my, i havent played gunz in some time ^_^ yeah too amyn glitches in that game. i dont like when poeple cheat its always a crappy experiance once that happens. Like in most brawl matches ive played, or like when im at my cousins house and he uses cheats for the new call of duty  

yord

6,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Invisibility 100

Topaz4293

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:46 pm
Main game play AFTER you've beaten it normaly once. if you use the cheat or code on WiFi I don't care what you call it, it's wrong.
Example, Say you're playing pokemon. you've beaten the E4 and have done most if not all of the side quests normaly. At this point I'd say feel free to mess with the action Replay as long as whatever your hacking doesn't hit Player vs Player modes (hacked pokemon live in your boxes for shits and giggles only! don't use them)

Another example is Megaman SF 2. Get all the cards and beat the main game normaly, then go back and kill the bosses with ATK (auto tribe king) as long as you don't use the oh so cheap ATK on WiFi it's ok.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:49 pm
Cheat just the right amount so for you to where you have the most fun playing.
Simple.

As long as you don't go into online play, in which you just shouldn't cheat.  

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:52 pm
my line stands at competetive gameplay. if your up against someone else and you cheat. you lose at winning right.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:09 pm
Some cheating makes things fun, but I agree with Xilo.

Cheating in competitive gameplay is a no-no.  

Sir Codin

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:11 pm
Lord of Armageddon

well, unless you both agree to alter the game somehow. like making items 100% random in mario kart is fun.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:46 pm
Nomega
Cheat just the right amount so for you to where you have the most fun playing.
Simple.

As long as you don't go into online play, in which you just shouldn't cheat.

I agree with this. I use savestates, rewinds and the likes to avoid frustration especially when replaying games, but no cheating against others.  

Al Torrenz

Satrevi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:52 pm
Xilo The Odd
Lord of Armageddon

well, unless you both agree to alter the game somehow. like making items 100% random in mario kart is fun.
mario kart is an exception to the rule when playing cheap though, playing cheap is just part of the strategy in mario kart xd  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff