Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
the turds of the gaming industry. 2d vs 3d, (not vs thread) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Satrevi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:06 pm
A lot of people are shocked when I say this. I liked the old mario better. The old platformer run and jump and squash enemies mario.

I just, got so mad at nintendo when i realized they started to make it so i had to adjust the camera to see where mario moved next. Seriously, i should never have to worry about adjusting any camera with mario. And most of nintendo 64 just irked me.

Now, don't get me wrong, the n64 had some pretty good games. Gauntlet 64, mario kart 64, the zelda games,

but that doesnt make up for their lame games. Diddy kong's racing, the south park games,

i dont think they should have charged anything for the southpark games. Southpark games are absolutely terrible. just because the animation is rice paper making fun of simple animation, doesnt mean thats an excuse for the vast majority of their games sucking.

I used to pay for used games at greywhale, time after time i found crap. absolute s**t steaming piles of horse crap.

Now, as a result i have a personal grudge against the gaming industry for the turds they've released. or, how some of them focus too much on graphics and let go of any resemblance of a storie or fun gameplay.

I'm not saying all games with higher graphics are like this. but playstation was responsible for a few of these turds as well. i mean, that's why the demo disc came out, people got sick of buying crap, or worse, edutainmen- NO I CANNOT UTTER THAT HORRIBLE ******** PROFANITY!

Seriously, all you new age gamers that haven't played the regular nintendo have no idea how spoiled you are growing up with the games that you do. You might even outlive us and get to play vr games before us! BASTARDS!

Well, i know i have the mouth of a sailor sometimes. I do like the village people. Well, not really. but if you get it you get it if you don't you don't.

anyways, my point is. Some games were meant to stay 2d. like kirby, mario, tetris, galaga, well, not galaga, the 3d playstation remake was kinda fun in a cheesy way biggrin

some games became tons better in 3d, metal gear solid, legend of zelda, mario kart, final fantasy, racing games, and so on and so on.

and when you change the format of some of these games too much, it just takes away the original spirit of the game.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:11 pm
I stopped reading after you said Diddy Kong racing was lame.  

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

Satrevi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:20 pm
Regulust
eh, you're entitled to your opinions and i'm not talking trash about those who enjoy the game,

my displeasure with the industry is part of the topic though so i gotta be honest about my tastes.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:46 pm
Not sure I understand your point. You think some games that have been turned 3d are bad, but not all of them? Some games are good and some are not. Sounds like status quo to me.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Satrevi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:12 am
Trenn Flashkill
Not sure I understand your point. You think some games that have been turned 3d are bad, but not all of them? Some games are good and some are not. Sounds like status quo to me.
well, it depends on the game, some platformers should have stayed 2d, some it did a world of good for them to go 3d  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:29 am
Regulust
This is my opinion.  

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Cabron the Swan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:43 am
Quote:
lame games. Diddy kong's racing

Quote:
pretty good games. mario kart 64

Quote:
how some of them focus too much on graphics and let go of any resemblance of a storie or fun gameplay.
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

DKR actually has any resemblance of a 'storie' where MK64 does not. In that case shouldn't MK64 be on your s**t list and DKR on your good list because it actually attempted to have a reason for you to race?

This witness's testimony is contradictory.

Though I agree with you about Mario being better in 2D.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:58 am
Lady Psycho Sexy
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
how some of them focus too much on graphics and let go of any resemblance of a storie or fun gameplay.
User Image

DKR actually has any resemblance of a 'storie' where MK64 does not. In that case shouldn't MK64 be on your s**t list and DKR on your good list because it actually attempted to have a reason for you to race?

User Image
ok so i got my terms confused, i do that sometimes, but my opinion still stands, diddy kong racing is lame. If anyone thinks they are going to dissuade me from that opinion they are pretty mistaken. i was talking about other games and stories.

mario kart 64 had better gameplay mechanics, when i tried diddy kong racing i thought it was horrid for the graphics it had and how poorly the 3d environment was executed.

i would rather have just seen diddy kong become a character on mario kart 64.

however, crash team racing pawns mario kart 64 with its wider variety of characters, levels, and better weapon selection and customization.

i could have been more clear. thats what you get for posting stoned i guess. i know you like bong hits so you'll understand xD i remember reading you talking about that in a previous post.  

Satrevi

Al Torrenz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:52 am
I agree on some parts, but alot of that just seems to be opinions to me. 3D-games appeared because the technology allowed it, and because people wanted it. And it's not like there won't ever be a 2D Kirby, Metroid or Mario again. As long as people want it, Nintendo will deliver. I'm fine with that.

And I think I actually enjoyed Diddy Kong Racing more than Mario Kart 64. Probably because of the kickass music, stylish track design, choosable vehicles, less-random and less-gamebreaking powerups, fun minigames, unlockables and that little story mode. This is opinion turf, though.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:02 am
ChaosTorrent
I agree on some parts, but alot of that just seems to be opinions to me. 3D-games appeared because the technology allowed it, and because people wanted it. And it's not like there won't ever be a 2D Kirby, Metroid or Mario again. As long as people want it, Nintendo will deliver. I'm fine with that.

And I think I actually enjoyed Diddy Kong Racing more than Mario Kart 64. Probably because of the kickass music, stylish track design, choosable vehicles, less-random and less-gamebreaking powerups, fun minigames, unlockables and that little story mode. This is opinion turf, though.
Yeah, I do tend to be pretty opinionated. It is of my opinion that this is my right as an indulger of free speech and user of the internet. I mean no harm, I just like being blunt.

Personally when I tried Diddy Kong Racing I actually found it to be boring and less planned out than Mario Kart 64. Given that I feel there are better cart games out there. I have to give DKR a negative view.  

Satrevi

Cabron the Swan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:10 am
Satrevi
Lady Psycho Sexy
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
User Image

User Image
ok so i got my terms confused, i do that sometimes, but my opinion still stands, diddy kong racing is lame. If anyone thinks they are going to dissuade me from that opinion they are pretty mistaken. i was talking about other games and stories.

mario kart 64 had better gameplay mechanics, when i tried diddy kong racing i thought it was horrid for the graphics it had and how poorly the 3d environment was executed.

however, crash team racing pawns mario kart 64 with its wider variety of characters, levels, and better weapon selection and customization.

i could have been more clear. thats what you get for posting stoned i guess. i know you like bong hits so you'll understand xD i remember reading you talking about that in a previous post.

Quote:
when i tried diddy kong racing i thought it was horrid for the graphics it had and how poorly the 3d environment was executed.

Quote:

Do I even have to make another objection? neutral If you don't like it that's fine, but a valid reason would be nice if you're going to insist that you're set in your views.

I hated MK64. It was just....racing. Most of the tracks were so close to the SNES version that it wasn't even worthy of being its own title.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:23 am
Lady Psycho Sexy
Satrevi
Lady Psycho Sexy
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
User Image

User Image

Quote:
when i tried diddy kong racing i thought it was horrid for the graphics it had and how poorly the 3d environment was executed.

Quote:

Do I even have to make another objection? neutral If you don't like it that's fine, but a valid reason would be nice if you're going to insist that you're set in your views.

I hated MK64. It was just....racing. Most of the tracks were so close to the SNES version that it wasn't even worthy of being its own title.
I disagree since there were 3d differences worth noting when compared to the old SNES version. Granted, there could have been more differences and some parts could definitely have been improved on.

I have never thought much of what N64 has called 3D.

Here is one popular game I would not have minded seeing with less graphics. Gears of War. You play through what isn't that many levels. Then that's it. The game is over so freaking soon! I would gladly settle for lower graphics if it means longer more involved game play with games that end that quickly.  

Satrevi

Orphie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:31 am
Satrevi

good thing nintendo sucks at making good 3D games

Except for those ones, like Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario 64, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

It's not like a couple of those were some of the most critically acclaimed games of all time.

Ever.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:38 am
in b4 kanye west impersonation  

Al Torrenz

Allegro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:18 am
Satrevi
I disagree since there were 3d differences worth noting when compared to the old SNES version. Granted, there could have been more differences and some parts could definitely have been improved on.

Here is one popular game I would not have minded seeing with less graphics. Gears of War. You play through what isn't that many levels. Then that's it. The game is over so freaking soon! I would gladly settle for lower graphics if it means longer more involved game play with games that end that quickly.

With the technology they had? Unlikely. You may not recall, but reviewers orgasmed for 40 days and nights over how visceral the gameplay felt because of the graphical increase.

As per the unrelated debate of Diddy Kong V May-rio Kart 64, which you used to try to prove a point about....something, I can't quite be sure what, I gotta say that they were equally entertaining in both ways. I can personally say that while Mario Kart was a tight Kart racer, DKR kept me entertained for WAY longer. The Ice Castle in battle Mode saw many an hour of playtime in my household, long after even Smash Bros had run its course.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff