Reply 'Tendo Cult~
I miss the puzzle game. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Satrevi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:50 am
Does anyone else remember the old classic puzzle games? Wario's woods, Yoshi, Yoshi's cookie, Tetris (which you only don't know if you've been living under a rock for a thousand years.), Wario's Woods (Oddly enough the NES version was better than the SNES version), Tetris 2, Dr. Mario...

Oh how the well has run dry for interesting puzzle games on consoles. Now it's just flash remakes peppered with the occasional original flash puzzle game.

Oh well. I have the old games on file... mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen

What were some of your favorite classic puzzle games?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:42 am
I don't even remember what it's called, but I particularly liked that one that's built up like tetris, but instead mario enemies fall down and you have to sort them so they disappear before reaching the top. You could also set up a yoshi egg around a pile of enemies to make it disappear whole. I spent way too much time on that game.  

Al Torrenz

Cabron the Swan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:46 am
User Image
So much love for Yoshi's Cookie.

I'm not big on games that are 100% puzzler, but I like a puzzle element in games.

Have you tried the Henry Hatsworth games for DS? The one I heard about seemed to be a successful hybrid between a platformer and a puzzler. Gotta love the ingenuity when it comes to using the touch screen.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:38 am
ChaosTorrent
I don't even remember what it's called, but I particularly liked that one that's built up like tetris, but instead mario enemies fall down and you have to sort them so they disappear before reaching the top. You could also set up a yoshi egg around a pile of enemies to make it disappear whole. I spent way too much time on that game.

It was called Yoshi.  

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

Al Torrenz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:03 am
TtheHero
ChaosTorrent

It was called Yoshi.

Quote:
"Yoshi, known in Europe as Mario & Yoshi.."

right, that's what I played then. Might just go for a round right now, if I manage to find it..  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:09 am
The reason you like puzzle games of old and don't much care for ones of today is because of nostalgia. Bejeweled is as much, if not more fun than a lot of the older games, but it gets flack because it's not "hardcore" enough.

If a game like Tetris came out today, no one would care.

That off my chest and awaiting its "nuh-uhs" Meteos is a great puzzle game that's come out in recent years.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

sgt.Frosty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:14 am
ive played tetris, and I had kirby's avalanche, I remember when versing my sister once, my last little bit of open space(one two-blob piece), quite literally I was about to lose, but then I made the most epic purple connection, I mean like 2/3's of that clutter disappeared and dropped down to my sisters side.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:10 am
User Image
Ok, there was a REALLY good puzzler on the SNES that played kinda like a mix of Jezzball and Snake, but I can't ********' remember the name of it for the life of me. It was one of those games I rented, played for a weekend, and never saw again. Um, it had some relation to time manipulation, not necessarily time travel but stopping/slowing/speeding up time, and there were 3 playable characters I recall: a boy, a girl, and a robot.

It was probably only so fun because I only got to play it for that weekend, but the half-memory is driving me ******** insane. Ring a bell to anyone? D:

User Image

Cabron the Swan

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:24 am
Puzzle Quest is pretty cool. Guess that's not a classic game tho.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:41 am
POKEMON PUZZLE LEAGUE NIGGAS  

Allegro

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:56 am
I definitely enjoyed playing Tetris Attack...

But to be specific, I liked the original form of it, Panel de Pon better.

As much as I like Yoshi... eh.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:57 am
Trenn Flashkill
Puzzle Quest is pretty cool. Guess that's not a classic game tho.
User Image
i play jigsaws

i'm that oldskool

User Image

Cabron the Swan

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:28 am
World of Goo is the best puzzle game I've ever played. No nostalgia there.

Braid was kinda iffy from what I got to play. Not the most intuitive game.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:45 am
Tetris Attack and Pokemon Puzzle League

same thing lot's of a** kicking to be had, I enjoyed Dr.Mario 64 because of the 4 player mode it offered which was new-ish at the time.

Every once in a while I bust out old man Tetris on the Nes and play it with song C. Bust-a-move was cool like kool-aid at some point too.

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:46 am
Waynebrizzle
World of Goo is the best puzzle game I've ever played. No nostalgia there.

Braid was kinda iffy from what I got to play. Not the most intuitive game.
Oh no, I know it's not you. I just know all too well the kind of people that brush off any simple type flash game that comes out and is made popular (primarily Bejeweled) and belittle it to no end, but talk about the good old days of Tetris and blah blah barf.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff